It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 18:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask about McGill MBA Admissions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Official Business School Representative
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [2], given: 1

Schools: Desautels '17
GMAT 1: 670 Q40 V40
GPA: 3.3
Ask about McGill MBA Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2017, 13:23
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hello everyone!
This is Anna from the McGill MBA Recruitment Team! :-D
We are now back on GMAT Club and available to answer any general questions that you may have.

:!: For more personalized questions, please send an email to : mcgillmba.mgmt@mcgill.ca

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Kudos [?]: 4 [2], given: 1

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Ask about McGill MBA Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2017, 12:23
mcgillmba Thank you Anna for taking out time and helping candidates with their question.

I read on McGill' website that they offer concentrations in four fields. I'll quote the line from the website here:
In the second semester, students select elective courses from four concentrations, including, Finance, Marketing, Global Leadership and Technology and Innovation Management.

However, when I try to read about the concentrations in detail here https://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/program ... entrations, I see no concentration available in "Technology and Innovation Management"

I'd like to confirm if you still offer a concentration in technology or is it discontinued now?

Thank you in advance!

Expert Post
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 08:46
Hello keats !

Indeed, we used to have a concentration in Innovation and Technology but now our 4th concentration is called Business Analytics. Not to worry, we have not gotten rid of our Technology and Innovation courses! They were simply moved under other concentrations. A good example of that is the course called "Strategy and Innovation", which can be found under the Global Strategy & Leadership concentration.
Our program is constantly innovating and as you know, big data is becoming more and more essential in all aspects of business and this is why we have decided to reshift our attention towards it.
This being said, what is the most interesting about our program is that although we recommend students to take 1 or 2 main concentrations, students are not confined to a pre-defined path and have the opportunity to take classes from any of the 4 concentrations. All of our students are different with a variety of career goals, so we understand the need for a more personalized approach. I hope this answers your question! Please contact us again if you have more :)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q41 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 3: 690 Q43 V41
GPA: 2.3
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 09:55
Hello Anna ! No specific query at this stage. Just wanted to say Hi ! Siddharth Here.
Nice to see McGills team present.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 10:35
Hi Siddharth ! Urnamaster13
Thank you for saying hello! We have been away from GMAT Club for a bit but we are ready to start again!
Let me know whenever you have questions & don't hesitate to tag anyone who might have some.
Cheers!

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2017, 08:15
mcgillmba wrote:
Hello keats !

Indeed, we used to have a concentration in Innovation and Technology but now our 4th concentration is called Business Analytics. Not to worry, we have not gotten rid of our Technology and Innovation courses! They were simply moved under other concentrations. A good example of that is the course called "Strategy and Innovation", which can be found under the Global Strategy & Leadership concentration.
Our program is constantly innovating and as you know, big data is becoming more and more essential in all aspects of business and this is why we have decided to reshift our attention towards it.
This being said, what is the most interesting about our program is that although we recommend students to take 1 or 2 main concentrations, students are not confined to a pre-defined path and have the opportunity to take classes from any of the 4 concentrations. All of our students are different with a variety of career goals, so we understand the need for a more personalized approach. I hope this answers your question! Please contact us again if you have more :)

Thanks mcgillmba This definitely helps. Infact, I loved when I researched about Global Strategy and Leadership concentration at McGill. It has all the ingredients I am looking forward to. So I went ahead with that :-D Also, this sounds interesting that you've a chance to personalize the program. So, I really like the flexibility in the curriculum.

I also learned about the fact that the application processing at McGill is rolling. So, how much time does one have to wait for from the application completion (recommendation submission, TOEFL and GMAT score fulfillment, essays, and application form) to invite for an interview ?

Thank you!

Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 08:23
Hi again keats !
The admission process may take about 4-6 weeks to be completed. Once you have uploaded all of your documents, our team reviews them to make sure they are indeed complete. Sometimes, we have to ask you to replace a reference or to send us additional documents so it may take some time but we are trying to process everything as soon as possible! A member of our team should be in touch with you shortly after you upload all documents, so don't hesitate to reach out to them as well :)

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 12:36
mcgillmba wrote:
Hi again keats !
The admission process may take about 4-6 weeks to be completed. Once you have uploaded all of your documents, our team reviews them to make sure they are indeed complete. Sometimes, we have to ask you to replace a reference or to send us additional documents so it may take some time but we are trying to process everything as soon as possible! A member of our team should be in touch with you shortly after you upload all documents, so don't hesitate to reach out to them as well :)

Yes, I have received an e mail confirmation (from a program coordinator "Pina") saying that all your documents are in place and we have forwarded your application for a preliminary review. All candidates who meet our minimum requirements will be contacted for an interview within the next few weeks.

Although I wrote back, I didn't get any response. I am hoping that I hear something soon :) Thanks a lot for your help mcgillmba

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 08:33
hello. I wanted to know do you guys provide specialization in Supply Chain?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2017, 21:36
msaad wrote:
hello. I wanted to know do you guys provide specialization in Supply Chain?

Hello Saad,
Thank you for your query. While we do not offer a specific specialization in Supply Chain, we believe the MBA to be the perfect platform to learn skills that are relevant to each field. I encourage you to take a look at our curriculum and see some of the courses that might spark your interest at this link:
https://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/program ... /academics

I also encourage you to read our blog for an authentic and personal perspective from the current students and alumni:
https://desautels.mcgill.ca/mba/blog/

I hope it helps!

Ask about McGill MBA Admissions   [#permalink] 21 Sep 2017, 21:36

Ask about McGill MBA Admissions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap