Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.66
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.23
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
sannidhya wrote:
Guys,

I have an interview with Miss Keum in another hour. Any last minute advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You can see this more as a discussion than a formal interview.
Check your camera & microphone settings on beforehand and also verify that the background that Miss Keum will see behind you is "nice and clean" as it is always better to give a good first impression.
If you have prepared the "common MBA interview questions" you should not have any issues at all !

You will do great !

Good luck and tell us how it went !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.23
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
StanDumont wrote:
sannidhya wrote:
Guys,

I have an interview with Miss Keum in another hour. Any last minute advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You can see this more as a discussion than a formal interview.
Check your camera & microphone settings on beforehand and also verify that the background that Miss Keum will see behind you is "nice and clean" as it is always better to give a good first impression.
If you have prepared the "common MBA interview questions" you should not have any issues at all !

You will do great !

Good luck and tell us how it went !

Thanks StanDumont

Just finished my interview. It went ok.

It was 40 mins long and she said they will come back to me by next weekend. :fingers_crossed:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi VijayG6387,

Your article really is helpful. I got an interview call today with Ms. Keum. The points you mentioned really helped alot to get a first hand impression of the course.

As for the interview it went on for about 50 minutes. Though there was some problem with the audio and video from her side initially. Later we just switch on to audio as her camera didn't start. I am not sure if the interview is supposed to be so long and comprehensive. She did really go into the details from Letter of Recommendations, Resume, Work Experience, Essays, and even a few things personally. I think I did answer all the questions truthfully but I'am not sure what can be said.

How does one assess the chances to get an offer ?

Regards,
Utsav
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
fermar84 wrote:
ajchauhan7 wrote:
Finally the offer with 40K scholarship. Now the hard part of choosing between the schools. I have an offer from Rotman as well with almost nothing scholarship, though I kinda am leaning towards Rotman mostly because of its location. Anyone here has any idea how the job market is for non French speaking person. I am planning to major in Strategy and come from Technology Research background.... at this points any thoughts would be appreciated as need to decide on the same within next 2 days.

Well @ajchauhan7, I would say it is a personal choice since both are great schools.
Also, Apparently you are willing to invest the additional 40 k in forgone scholarship + 40 k in additional tuition to go to Rotman, so let's take money off the table.

Sure, Toronto is the bigger market and there will be more opportunities there than in Montreal, but you can study in Montreal and then move to Toronto, I'm sure that a degree from McGill will open you doors there but it will take you a bit more effort.

One interesting point about Rotman is the fact that it is more flexible in terms for example of when you can get the internship.

I think that the remaining factors come down to preference, US style of city vs European style city; big intake vs small intake.

Let us know your decision and final reasoning please.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Finally accepted the offer with McGill, the decision coming mostly from the ROI perspective. Also had a long discussion with a college senior, who also happens to be McGill alumni, was convinced that industry reputation of McGill was at par with (if not better) than Rotman. Smaller batch size of McGill also was just the thing I was looking for.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
fermar84 wrote:
ajchauhan7 wrote:
Finally the offer with 40K scholarship. Now the hard part of choosing between the schools. I have an offer from Rotman as well with almost nothing scholarship, though I kinda am leaning towards Rotman mostly because of its location. Anyone here has any idea how the job market is for non French speaking person. I am planning to major in Strategy and come from Technology Research background.... at this points any thoughts would be appreciated as need to decide on the same within next 2 days.

Well @ajchauhan7, I would say it is a personal choice since both are great schools.
Also, Apparently you are willing to invest the additional 40 k in forgone scholarship + 40 k in additional tuition to go to Rotman, so let's take money off the table.

Sure, Toronto is the bigger market and there will be more opportunities there than in Montreal, but you can study in Montreal and then move to Toronto, I'm sure that a degree from McGill will open you doors there but it will take you a bit more effort.

One interesting point about Rotman is the fact that it is more flexible in terms for example of when you can get the internship.

I think that the remaining factors come down to preference, US style of city vs European style city; big intake vs small intake.

Let us know your decision and final reasoning please.

Finally accepted the offer with McGill, the decision coming mostly from the ROI perspective. Also had a long discussion with a college senior, who also happens to be McGill alumni, was convinced that industry reputation of McGill was at par with (if not better) than Rotman. Smaller batch size of McGill also was just the thing I was looking for.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: Boston U '16
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Dear Vijay,
This is Aayushi and I am contemplating applying to McGill MBA in round 2. Just wanted to get your opinion and feedback on my profile.

GMAT - 720
Graduation - B.Sc. Economics (NMIMS), Mumbai, India
CGPA - 3.48/4
Work experience : 2 years by July 2018
1. Product Manager at Tata Capital (NBFC) - 1 year
2. Marketing Manager at Admyrin Ecommerce Startup - Current
Good Co-curricular profile with community service experience.

Thanks in Advance
Intern
Intern
Schools: Boston U '16
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
I am a current MBA year 2 student at Desautels and would be happy to assist if you have any queries/clarifications. Please note that the opinions, ideas, thoughts expressed by me here are not official in any way and should not be linked back to Desautels Faculty. I am here just on my own to see if I can be useful to prospective students. Good luck!

If you need any official answers, please ask the admissions team here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-about-mc ... 34790.html

Best Regards,
Vijay

Hey Vijay,
Thanks a lot for helping the applicants out!
Just wanted your feedback on my background. I am contemplating applying to McGill University but am concerned about two factors :
1. I will have two year work experience by the time I begin the program. Is it competent?
2. I have a three year degree from an A accredited university from India, does this meet the admissions requirement?

Further insight into my profile :

GMAT - 720 (Q50, V38, IR 7, AWA 5)
Graduation - B.Sc Economics from NMIMS Mumbai
CGPA - 3.48/4
12th (CBSE Science) - 93.2%
10th (CBSE) - 10/10 GPA

Work Experience : 1 year 9 mo by March 2018
1 Year - Product Manager at Commercial Finance Department at Tata Capital (NBFC)
Current - Marketing Manager at Admyrin Ecommerce Services (Start up)

Good Curricular and Community Service Experience

Thanks in Advance!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
WE:Business Development (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
aayushik1995 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
I am a current MBA year 2 student at Desautels and would be happy to assist if you have any queries/clarifications. Please note that the opinions, ideas, thoughts expressed by me here are not official in any way and should not be linked back to Desautels Faculty. I am here just on my own to see if I can be useful to prospective students. Good luck!

If you need any official answers, please ask the admissions team here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-about-mc ... 34790.html

Best Regards,
Vijay

Hey Vijay,
Thanks a lot for helping the applicants out!
Just wanted your feedback on my background. I am contemplating applying to McGill University but am concerned about two factors :
1. I will have two year work experience by the time I begin the program. Is it competent?
2. I have a three year degree from an A accredited university from India, does this meet the admissions requirement?

Further insight into my profile :

GMAT - 720 (Q50, V38, IR 7, AWA 5)
Graduation - B.Sc Economics from NMIMS Mumbai
CGPA - 3.48/4
12th (CBSE Science) - 93.2%
10th (CBSE) - 10/10 GPA

Work Experience : 1 year 9 mo by March 2018
1 Year - Product Manager at Commercial Finance Department at Tata Capital (NBFC)
Current - Marketing Manager at Admyrin Ecommerce Services (Start up)

Good Curricular and Community Service Experience

Thanks in Advance!

Hi aayusthik, I think that your questions are too specific and should be answered by someone at the admissions department.
I think that your GMAT score is very competitive to get into the school. There is a forum within this school that can answer your question (i think that Vijay posted the link) and it has a mcgill representative answering questions.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.66
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Admitted with a scholarship of 20k CAD. Exactly a week after my interview.

The tricky part of choosing between schools comes next.
Admitted
06 Dec, 2017
18 Dec 2017, 22:03
Private, GMAT: 710, Q48, V39; GPA: 3.66; WE: 66 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi guys,

Just wrote my GMAT today - 620 (Q46, V29). A bit disappointed to be honest, especially with Verbal. I am not sure if I should rewrite. Can someone please advise?

My profile:
Undergrad GPA (BBA, India) - 3.7
Post grad diploma GPA (Finance and Accounting, Canada) - 3.9
CFA Level 2 candidate (writing next June)
WE - 2 years at EY, India (Audit)
2 years at KPMG, Canada (Audit)

Thanks in advance. Good luck everyone and congrats to all accepted!

Param
Admitted
18 Dec, 2017
21 Dec 2017, 12:19
Private, GMAT: 710, Q48, V39; GPA: 3.14; WE: 84 months; Colombia; via Email [#permalink]
Admitted
18 Dec, 2017
21 Dec 2017, 12:39
sg123 GMAT: 700, Q47, V38; GPA: 3.21; WE: 60 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am new to this thread. So may be asking a very simple question. I am trying to apply for McGill Desautels 2 yr MBA. In the the first page it asks to select 'Program', there I selected from dropdown menu 'MBA 2 year'. Next it asks about 'Area of Study', there I selected 'Management-N', though I am not very sure what 'N' stands for in Management-N. Can anybody please clarify?
Next I also want to know that after creating a profile, next step will be to pay application fees, then only it will allow us to submit our documents and essays etc. Correct??

Please if anyone who has applied can resolve my queries, I would highly appreciate.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Can anyone please help with Essay2?

While pursuing your MBA studies, what steps do you believe you need to take in order to achieve your career goals?

What are they looking for in this essay? Any help would be much appreciated.
Denied
22 Nov, 2017
23 Dec 2017, 03:28
Private, GMAT: 650, Q49, V28; GPA: 3.5; WE: 30 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
schitijk wrote:
Can anyone please help with Essay2?

While pursuing your MBA studies, what steps do you believe you need to take in order to achieve your career goals?

What are they looking for in this essay? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi schitijk,

In my opinion, for this essay, you need to elaborate the efforts, which you are going to undertake during the MBA program in order to achieve your career goals. An illustrative example for this may be as follows:

# Joining relevant professional clubs in Desautels that will keep you updated with your particular industry and also help you network with like-minded people;
# Connecting with the alumni from this industry for seeking internships or jobs or to understand what work happens at the ground level;
# Reading relevant columns from renowned publications such as the Economist. It improves your overall knowledge of worldly affairs and you can also link it with your industry and career goals;
# If you are planning to take up a job in Montreal, you could probably state that you plan on studying French along with your MBA, so that you are better placed to secure a job at Montreal

These are some points, which I feel could be some steps to reach your career goal. In a similar fashion, you could think through the factors necessary for you to achieve your goal.

I look at it more like a math problem: You have 'A' abilities, but you need to have 'AAA' abilities to reach your career goal. So you figure out and elaborate how to achieve those two As in the best possible manner!

I hope I was able to clarify your queries. Happy winters!

Regards,
PK
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts