Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
waitlist as well. is anyone here applying for the erb program (joint degree with school of natural resources and environment)? i got accepted to the snre program. now i'm unsure of how to proceed - i was primarily interested in the dual degree.
Aringo Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Attack10 wrote:
And I am waitlisted .- Was never called for interview.
Had an odd mail sometime in last week of january saying some documents were missing. The receipt of missing docs they acknowledged in first week of Feb.

Now what does this mean? am i pushed to Rd 3 without my app being reviewed or there are others in the same boat who are waitlisted without interview?

Bro, exactly the same has happened to me, as well i.e waitlisted without interview and had some missing documents which were only then completed by January 26 or whatsoever...

Interesting, but better than direct rejection, right ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.31
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
Hey guys , congrats to the admits.
I got waitlisted, but as the text said they will bump me off into R3 for consideration and also said that final decision will be available by 31st aug.

So are the decisions rolling or will the wait listers be informed in Aug??? Any guidance?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
Yes, any guidance on the wait-list would definitely be appreciated from those of you in the know. For starters,...approximately what portion of those applicants that were accepted off the wait-list last year were from R2 (meaning they applied in R2)?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
hassanijaz wrote:
I got waitlisted, but as the text said they will bump me off into R3 for consideration and also said that final decision will be available by 31st aug.

So are the decisions rolling or will the wait listers be informed in Aug??? Any guidance?

reading past interviews with soojin, my understanding is that waitlisters will be considered in the next round (r3 for us) with those applicants. If we are waitlisted again, then we will continue to be considered until august 31st (or until they run out of room) as people accept/decline offers.

anyone have a different understanding?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
well puts me in a fix since my other option ISB starts classes on Apr 14! once i pay the first installment for the fee there ... will be invested in with a huge amount of Money! damm... not sure what i do... Love Ross but cant give up my seat at ISb for it!!! :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
chaitudrk wrote:
Anybody know the deadline to pay the deposit - $2000? I don't see a date. Signed up for GBR and Admitted students reception in LA.

Anyone from LA or SoCal coming to the admitted students reception in LA??

I'm from SD and planning on attending the LA reception. See you there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
hassanijaz wrote:

There is a possibility that you will be accepted with the R3 admits. If not with the R3 admits then it will be a scenario with rolling decisions, as people decline the offers they will open up spots. You will definitely know by August 31st though. Look for updates on Soojin's blog if you are not accepted in R3 as to when to expect the first round of WL admits to begin.
Intern
Intern
Status:Atlast admitted to Ross (waitlisted in R1 w/o interview)
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.88
WE:Research (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
mooze wrote:
Yes, any guidance on the wait-list would definitely be appreciated from those of you in the know. For starters,...approximately what portion of those applicants that were accepted off the wait-list last year were from R2 (meaning they applied in R2)?

Mooze here is my waitlist experience for R1 -
I was waitlisted in R1 without interview. I accepted the waitlist offer. Then I was invited to join the waitlist google group. Then after 3-4 weeks, I got an interview invite and I opted for alumni interview. I felt the interview went very well and it led to my admit. One the google group, majority of the people got interview invites. I can see many replies in google group saying they got admitted. So being on waitlist has better hope than I initially expected.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Other (Retail)
Send PM
Hey guys, not sure if it makes anyone feel better, but I was just accepted R2 and will likely have to decline because of financial reasons (cancellation of their international loan program - also because Babson is offering me a full ride) - I'm one small data point but it is one more spot for someone else.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
What effect will the international loan changes have on the waitlist? I'm assuming it will positively effect only those intl applicants on the waitlist,..since Ross would want to maintain a domestic/intl balance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mooze wrote:
What effect will the international loan changes have on the waitlist? I'm assuming it will positively effect only those intl applicants on the waitlist,..since Ross would want to maintain a domestic/intl balance.

Not sure I understand your logic? They may want to maintain a domestic/intl balance, but that will be challenging if they don't have any way for international students to pay for attendance, especially since Ross wasn't particularly forthcoming with the changes to the loan program (I would likely have not applied had I know) - so either the calibre of the international student they admit drops, or the split between domestic/international changes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 497 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Also, I always thought schools made a certain number of offers knowing many would not accept. On that basis I dont think one rejection means one waitlist admit, but a different number for example 5 rejections might mean 1 admit? Can anyone clarify?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
robhunter wrote:
mooze wrote:

Not sure I understand your logic? They may want to maintain a domestic/intl balance, but that will be challenging if they don't have any way for international students to pay for attendance, especially since Ross wasn't particularly forthcoming with the changes to the loan program (I would likely have not applied had I know) - so either the calibre of the international student they admit drops, or the split between domestic/international changes.

Interesting,..i just thought that many/most internationals would be willing or able to find a cosigner. You really think the changes will have that much of an impact?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Interesting,..i just thought that many/most internationals would be willing or able to find a cosigner. You really think the changes will have that much of an impact?[/quote]

Can't speak for anyone else, but the possibility of an American citizen cosigning a $100,000+ loan for me is absolutely zero - and I'm from Canada. I imagine it would be even more difficult for anyone from further away.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
mooze wrote:
robhunter wrote:
mooze wrote:

Interesting,..i just thought that many/most internationals would be willing or able to find a cosigner. You really think the changes will have that much of an impact?

Yes, of course.
I'm an international round 3 applicant, invited to interview.
Now that I know about the loss of Ross' easy financing, my choice would be for a school where I can get that.
Local financing (at least here) is much harder and expensive.

Congratulations to all the admits!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Date: 05-19-2011
GPA: 3.5
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
ditto(WL w/o interview in R1. Interviewed with R2 wave 1...but sadly no change in status in R2, still WL..)-
Seems thrs no choice but to move on in life with whatever we have...losing INR 2 mio sounds meaningless.

GS18 wrote:
well puts me in a fix since my other option ISB starts classes on Apr 14! once i pay the first installment for the fee there ... will be invested in with a huge amount of Money! damm... not sure what i do... Love Ross but cant give up my seat at ISb for it!!! :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  70   71   72   73   74   75   76  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts