Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 06:57 It is currently 13 May 2024, 06:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA-Anderson Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]
MBAreapplicant84 wrote:
kaashi wrote:
While my understanding is that the Anderson admission process is not rolling, this response from the admissions FAQ has put me in a fix.

Q: Are there any advantages of applying early in the admission cycle?
A: Yes. Applicants are notified on a continuous basis throughout each application period so you are advised to apply for admission as early as possible. Historically, fewer applicants are admitted in the last round, which tends to be especially competitive. Candidates who are denied admission during one deadline period cannot reapply during another deadline period in the same academic year. However, denied applicants may reapply the following year.

Does this imply that the admission process has now become rolling like that of Columbia??

Hi kaashi,

When referring to the admission cycle here, it looks like the adcom is talking about the different rounds, meaning apply Round 1 vs. Round 3, not applying a month before the Round 1 deadline vs. a day before the Round 1 deadline. That being said, historically Anderson has admitted people in waves before the admissions deadline of each round. Last year I was accepted about a month or so before the actual admissions deadline. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you I can clarify anything.

Thanks!

Just for clarification, when you said that you were accepted a month before the admissions deadline... are you talking about the "decision release date" or the "application deadline?"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
cowabungaman7 wrote:
MBAreapplicant84 wrote:
kaashi wrote:
While my understanding is that the Anderson admission process is not rolling, this response from the admissions FAQ has put me in a fix.

Q: Are there any advantages of applying early in the admission cycle?
A: Yes. Applicants are notified on a continuous basis throughout each application period so you are advised to apply for admission as early as possible. Historically, fewer applicants are admitted in the last round, which tends to be especially competitive. Candidates who are denied admission during one deadline period cannot reapply during another deadline period in the same academic year. However, denied applicants may reapply the following year.

Does this imply that the admission process has now become rolling like that of Columbia??

Hi kaashi,

When referring to the admission cycle here, it looks like the adcom is talking about the different rounds, meaning apply Round 1 vs. Round 3, not applying a month before the Round 1 deadline vs. a day before the Round 1 deadline. That being said, historically Anderson has admitted people in waves before the admissions deadline of each round. Last year I was accepted about a month or so before the actual admissions deadline. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you I can clarify anything.

Thanks!

Just for clarification, when you said that you were accepted a month before the admissions deadline... are you talking about the "decision release date" or the "application deadline?"

Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say the decision deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
MBAreapplicant84: Good to know. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBAreapplicant84 wrote:
If anyone interested in Anderson or is currently applying has any questions regarding the school, recruiting, the application process, or specific questions about your application, please feel free to reach out.

Hello ! I really admire your continued enthusiasm for the applicants :) . I've gone through all of the posts here and really can feel the entropy to be awesome. I'll be applying for R1 and I hope that I make the cut :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM NewsUCLA: Application Tips - Letter of Recommendation
Today's application tips are all about UCLA Anderson's letter of recommendation.  For those of you applying in Round 1, it's likely you've already contacted your recommendation provider and filled that person in on its purpose.  If you're still searching for the best person to write the recommendation letter, whether it be for Round 1 or in the future, I hope the tips below are useful!

The letter of recommendation is an important component of the application because it provides a third party's perspective on your leadership and management potential, readiness/fit for business school, interpersonal skills and teamwork abilities.  We prefer a letter from your direct supervisor whenever possible. However, we understand that circumstances may prevent you from asking your current supervisor; in this case an indirect supervisor (people who have overseen projects you’ve worked on, a manager from another department, etc.) is a good option, as well as former employers, clients (especially for those of you who are self-employed) and supervisors from extracurricular organizations. I would steer away from academic references (i.e., a professor from a class you took) because the questions on the recommendation form are best answered by someone with whom you work(ed).  In free-response questions, generic answers will not be as helpful as detailed ones with specific examples.  As such, having an executive with whom you have little direct experience working for write your recommendation won't be as helpful as a manager you work with daily, who has seen your professional growth and impact firsthand.

After selecting your recommendation provider, it's very important to spend some time prepping that person on the letter's purpose and what we're looking for.  This is the only part of the application that you don't write yourself (I hope!) but you can definitely provide input by discussing your reasons for going to business school and post-MBA career plans, and by refreshing your recommender on your accomplishments in the workplace.  It's a small investment of time on your part, but your recommender will absolutely appreciate your insight because it will make their job easier!

What are your questions about the letter of recommendation? Let us know in the comments or send us an email.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mshrek wrote:
MBAreapplicant84 wrote:
If anyone interested in Anderson or is currently applying has any questions regarding the school, recruiting, the application process, or specific questions about your application, please feel free to reach out.

Hello ! I really admire your continued enthusiasm for the applicants :) . I've gone through all of the posts here and really can feel the entropy to be awesome. I'll be applying for R1 and I hope that I make the cut :-D

Thanks! I am just trying to pay it forward. As an applicant the help I got from Anderson students was invaluable. Hopefully I can help out someone in the same way!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GRE 1: Q800 V760
GPA: 3.76
WE:Sales (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
MBAreapplicant84 wrote:

Thanks for taking the time! This is doing a lot of good to the UCLA brand :)
Would you happen to know when the interview invites start rolling out?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
backspacebar wrote:
MBAreapplicant84 wrote:

No problem, I am happy to help! Last year interview invites started rolling out a little over a week after the application deadline and continued up to the application deadline. Keep an eye on the Anderson MBA Insider's Blog, https://mbablogs.anderson.ucla.edu/. Jessica Chung in the Admissions Office does a great job of keeping applicants up-to-date with interview invite and acceptance information.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello,
I've a very specific question for placements of UCLA mba grads in tech division of I-banks. Do I-banks in the west-coast go for recruiting for their technical divisions such as enterprise management , Analytics. Is there any emerging demand for analytics positions by these firms during the placement cycle? I'm currently working in the field of big-data, which seems to be very fascinating to me, and have an experience in tech-division of a leading proprietary trading firm in India.
Considering UCLA is high on my priority list, since it meets most of my requirements from a top notch B-school : Technology/Finance/Entrepreneurship, I would like to know the opportunities that UCLA can provide me during internship and post-mba in capital markets/ibanks/finance sector .

Thanks in advance :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GRE 1: Q800 V760
GPA: 3.76
WE:Sales (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
MBAreapplicant84 wrote:
backspacebar wrote:
MBAreapplicant84 wrote:

No problem, I am happy to help! Last year interview invites started rolling out a little over a week after the application deadline and continued up to the application deadline. Keep an eye on the Anderson MBA Insider's Blog, https://mbablogs.anderson.ucla.edu/. Jessica Chung in the Admissions Office does a great job of keeping applicants up-to-date with interview invite and acceptance information.

One week is really quick turnaround :) Thanks again!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mshrek wrote:
Hello,
I've a very specific question for placements of UCLA mba grads in tech division of I-banks. Do I-banks in the west-coast go for recruiting for their technical divisions such as enterprise management , Analytics. Is there any emerging demand for analytics positions by these firms during the placement cycle? I'm currently working in the field of big-data, which seems to be very fascinating to me, and have an experience in tech-division of a leading proprietary trading firm in India.
Considering UCLA is high on my priority list, since it meets most of my requirements from a top notch B-school : Technology/Finance/Entrepreneurship, I would like to know the opportunities that UCLA can provide me during internship and post-mba in capital markets/ibanks/finance sector .

Hi mshrek, unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question as I am not recruiting for I-banking or finance in general. Sorry! If you're unable to get an answer to your question on this forum, I would recommend contacting a member of the Anderson Investment Finance Association, https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/clubs-and- ... nt-finance. PM me if you need help getting in touch with anyone. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAreapplicant84 wrote:
mshrek wrote:
Hello,

Hi mshrek, unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question as I am not recruiting for I-banking or finance in general. Sorry! If you're unable to get an answer to your question on this forum, I would recommend contacting a member of the Anderson Investment Finance Association, https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/clubs-and- ... nt-finance. PM me if you need help getting in touch with anyone. Good luck!

Hello ! Thanks for the quick reply. I have sent you a pm for the same query
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
This is a very silly question as I couldn't find it on their site FAQ but the deadline of Oct 22. does that mean it is Oct 22 11:59 pm aka before 10/23 or does it mean Oct 21 11:59pm aka before Oct 22?

GMATclub seems to suggest the latter.....has anybody asked Anderson?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
csi wrote:
This is a very silly question as I couldn't find it on their site FAQ but the deadline of Oct 22. does that mean it is Oct 22 11:59 pm aka before 10/23 or does it mean Oct 21 11:59pm aka before Oct 22?

I am under the impression that it is 23:59:59 of 22-october. Can some one clarify on this whether it's the other way around ? :shock:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [2]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
mshrek wrote:
csi wrote:

I am under the impression that it is 23:59:59 of 22-october. Can some one clarify on this whether it's the other way around ? :shock:

From UCLA's official page :

"Completed applications must be received by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on the deadline day to be evaluated in that round."

Link : https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/degrees/mb ... ssions/faq
Application-General>When Can I Apply?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
nitishgera wrote:
mshrek wrote:
csi wrote:

From UCLA's official page :

"Completed applications must be received by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on the deadline day to be evaluated in that round."

Link : https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/degrees/mb ... ssions/faq
Application-General>When Can I Apply?

Ahh thanks! Anderson's nested FAQ broke my search function. :D
Kellogg School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Anyone knows what's the time on the last date submission?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts