Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 17:08 It is currently 07 May 2024, 17:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants [#permalink]
We would like you to adapt your current resume to include the following items, preferably in the
order listed below. An example of the expanded resume been included as a guide.
1. Company Name
2. Date of Employment
3. Industry
4. Starting and Finishing Salary
5. Number Supervised if any
6. Any significant activities professional or otherwise that you participated in (please include any
relevant roles you may have held)
7. Key Professional Responsibilities
8. Reason for Leaving for the position
Please note the expanded resume is designed to give us a more comprehensive view of your
professional and personal life at various stages of your career. Our hope in requiring this
additional information is to get a snapshot of who you are at various stages of your professional
and personal development. This can give us a greater perspective on your potential overall
impact on the GSB community.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
hi router :)

Interesting format. Reminds me of HBS'.
Director
Director
Send PM
interesting to me the small tweaks they made to the application. they cut down on the additional info section where they used to ask about any significant experiences abroad...

anybody notices the differences in the pdf version and the online one? it looks like the pdf one requires you to enter in all employment since you began college...which would include internships...however the online version asks for "all full-time post-undergraduate positions held" only. What's the deal with that?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Send PM
dabots wrote:
interesting to me the small tweaks they made to the application. they cut down on the additional info section where they used to ask about any significant experiences abroad...

anybody notices the differences in the pdf version and the online one? it looks like the pdf one requires you to enter in all employment since you began college...which would include internships...however the online version asks for "all full-time post-undergraduate positions held" only. What's the deal with that?

Question: What if part of the full time work was during undergrad? Can I add that in the resume and the professional info?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
When they ask us "If you belong to, or participate in, any civic, business, professional, or other similar organizations, please list them here."

Should we list out all volunteer and extra-curricular activities or do you think its only professional clubs?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Booked my trip to Chicago last night, Sept 22-29th. We plan on doing Kellogg and Chicago on the trip, I am going to sign up for the Chicago event on the 28th. The wife and I are staying at the Burnham Hotel, we got a ecent rate for a very nice hotel on hotwire (they dont show the hotel name but you can search by neighborhood and rating and its cheaper than the other sites. We got airline tickets on Southwest from Manchest NH (an hour or so from Boston) to Midway for 275 round trip...for both tickets. So it worked out to be less than 150 each.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Chicago has an event on 9/28? I wanted to visit Chicago and Kellogg before R1, but with their schools starting late Sept, I didn't think I would get much out of it due to students barely being back... Might go visit later on... though do I want to do that in the middle of winter... hrm... :?
Director
Director
Send PM
im planning to go the 28th too...hopefully it wont fill up
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
Chicago has an event on 9/28? I wanted to visit Chicago and Kellogg before R1, but with their schools starting late Sept, I didn't think I would get much out of it due to students barely being back... Might go visit later on... though do I want to do that in the middle of winter... hrm... :?

I went to a GSB event with current students last weekend and they said first year students start in the beginning of Sept but they go back towards the end of the month. Kellogg I dont think does official tours until Oct but I am going to contact admissions about it since I want to visit before R1 applications. I decided to go in Sept since then I would have a few weeks to work on my applications and work in details. If I can't sit in on classes or anything at least I can try and talk to some students there.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Hrm.. good idea. Man, I need to figure out how to fit this visit in my schedule... UCLA the first weekend of October, then I have to do the final sprint and turn in my UCLA and Stanford apps... Chicago any earlier makes no sense... so 9/28 seems to be the only weekend available...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
Hrm.. good idea. Man, I need to figure out how to fit this visit in my schedule... UCLA the first weekend of October, then I have to do the final sprint and turn in my UCLA and Stanford apps... Chicago any earlier makes no sense... so 9/28 seems to be the only weekend available...

FYI guys.. classes start sept 20th.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone apply for PT GSB Winter 2008? I just sent my app in yesterday. I read on BW that someone with 770 GMAT got accepted after 8 days!!! I am not in that range but feel the rest of my application is strong. If anyone has also applied please share! Thanks
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
derek510 wrote:
Anyone apply for PT GSB Winter 2008? I just sent my app in yesterday. I read on BW that someone with 770 GMAT got accepted after 8 days!!! I am not in that range but feel the rest of my application is strong. If anyone has also applied please share! Thanks

You'll hear back soon. Everyone I know that applied (and just so you know, your GMAT score has absolutely nothing to do with how fast they get back to you. They get back to you when they've read your app and made a decision, whether your GMAT is 500 or 800) heard back within two weeks. There's a pretty good chance that by September 1st, you'll know.
Director
Director
Send PM
i just registered for the Sept. 28 GSB Live event

https://www.chicagogsb.edu/fulltime/admissions/visiting.aspx

i hope to see a bunch of clubbers there so sign up fast! also let me know if you got a confirmation email when you registered, because i didnt, just a confirmation screen.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Signed up for the San Francisco Chicago GSB Reception on 9/27 evening. Anyone going to that?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
So, Chicago and Harvard are both having the SF info session on the 27th evening? Interesting !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So as i'm writing up my goals essay, I realized the emphasis that Chicago places on personal goals. The first essay states "Describe your personal and professional goals" and the resume sections states "the expanded resume is designed to give us a more comprehensive view of your professional and personal life at various stages of your career. Our hope in requiring this
additional information is to get a snapshot of who you are at various stages of your professional and personal development."

This seems slightly different from other apps that looks mostly on the professional angle for the goals essay. Perhaps this is a trap for those who rehashed other essays without any emphasis on the personal aspect? regardless, this puts a new twist to what I thought would be a straight forward essay. writing about personal goals can be very broad and can risk going off on tangents.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  135   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts