Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 22:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2009, 06:17
terp26 wrote:
Isa is just saying the facilities don't matter much because she's going to kellogg right?? :)


Ha! I will agree that I'm not a huge fan of Kellogg's building. Booth's is waaaay nicer. You get a pretty winter garden too! :)
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Status: Burning mid-night oil....daily
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 2400
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 685 [0], given: 548

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2009, 19:47
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 302
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 288

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2009, 06:40
In for Round 1 as my reach school if I score over 720 on my 2nd attempt GMAT score.
_________________

All's well that ends well...

GMAT debrief

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 853
Location: Chicago
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2009, 07:01
I'm rooting for all you guys, especially the reapplicants -- remember, Rose has said they look at reapplicants "favorably" (whatever that means).
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 113
Schools: Chicago (Ding w/Interview), Kellogg(Ding), Darden (Int), NYU (Rd 2), USC (Rd 2)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2009, 07:21
I will be a reapplicant unless I get off the Darden waitlist. I still think the interview last year killed my chances since english was her second language and it ended up becoming a disaster.

Any Booth students or reapp's know if it is necessary for us to go to all of the prospective student events?
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2009, 07:35
24 wrote:
I will be a reapplicant unless I get off the Darden waitlist. I still think the interview last year killed my chances since english was her second language and it ended up becoming a disaster.

Any Booth students or reapp's know if it is necessary for us to go to all of the prospective student events?


I don't think you "have" to go to any, really. I think the important thing is to show that you've done your homework and evaluated how you'll fit into the Booth student body. I think if you can reach out to current students, alums - that'll help tremendously.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2009, 08:23
Hello All

I will be re-applying to chicago this year. (Applied last year as well, Interviewed and then dinged)
What confuses me is that they are asking me to do the slide show again this year.
What should I do differently than last year, when it comes to slide show.
Are they considering my last year slide show when looking at this year's application.
Should I keep my slide show the same? Kind of confused,.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3606
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 352

Kudos [?]: 1699 [0], given: 354

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2009, 09:17
Expert's post
milindd wrote:
Hello All

I will be re-applying to chicago this year. (Applied last year as well, Interviewed and then dinged)
What confuses me is that they are asking me to do the slide show again this year.
What should I do differently than last year, when it comes to slide show.
Are they considering my last year slide show when looking at this year's application.
Should I keep my slide show the same? Kind of confused,.


For my opinion, the more you can do differently the better. Do you really have only one idea how to express yourself in slide show? I think the same slide show would be the worse way. At least it means you didn't make additional efforts to show commitment to the school.
_________________

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 492
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2009, 17:52
1
This post received
KUDOS
Looks like the official application form is now available:

http://www.chicagobooth.edu/apply/index.aspx
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 68
Location: Phoenix
Schools: Kellogg, Wharton, Booth, Columbia, MIT, NYU
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2009, 20:12
unhedged wrote:
Looks like the official application form is now available:

http://www.chicagobooth.edu/apply/index.aspx


Great...now I have to really start working on my app. Can we see the questions for our recommenders or would they be only ones who can access the questions?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2009
Posts: 2
Schools: R1: Chicago, LBS, Sloan, Tuck.
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2009, 22:01
I am in for Round1 too. Please add me to the list!
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Posts: 1221
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [0], given: 17

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Jul 2009, 04:17
roll call updated for lucky #13
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Ann Arbor
Schools: Ross Class of 2012
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 04:52
I was curious how seriously people were taking the "Reasons for Leaving" question for their Professional Information? Did you put a lot of thought into your answers?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 492
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 08:12
ACNguy wrote:
I was curious how seriously people were taking the "Reasons for Leaving" question for their Professional Information? Did you put a lot of thought into your answers?


Would that question be applicable for the job you are planning on leaving to attend bschool? I've only worked at one place since undergrad so my answer is simply going to be a variation of "going back to school" (if you let me in :-D )
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 May 2009
Posts: 196
Schools: HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 09:33
Count me in for R1
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Ann Arbor
Schools: Ross Class of 2012
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 17:53
unhedged wrote:
ACNguy wrote:
I was curious how seriously people were taking the "Reasons for Leaving" question for their Professional Information? Did you put a lot of thought into your answers?


Would that question be applicable for the job you are planning on leaving to attend bschool? I've only worked at one place since undergrad so my answer is simply going to be a variation of "going back to school" (if you let me in :-D )


Yeah, I guess I should have explained, but I'm in the same boat. Have had one job since graduating and it seems ridiculous to put "Leaving cause I'm going to school...duh."
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 17:56
ACNguy wrote:
unhedged wrote:
ACNguy wrote:
I was curious how seriously people were taking the "Reasons for Leaving" question for their Professional Information? Did you put a lot of thought into your answers?


Would that question be applicable for the job you are planning on leaving to attend bschool? I've only worked at one place since undergrad so my answer is simply going to be a variation of "going back to school" (if you let me in :-D )


Yeah, I guess I should have explained, but I'm in the same boat. Have had one job since graduating and it seems ridiculous to put "Leaving cause I'm going to school...duh."


I had the same thing. I just put one line saying that I planned to leave for an MBA program.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Ann Arbor
Schools: Ross Class of 2012
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 18:11
isa wrote:

I had the same thing. I just put one line saying that I planned to leave for an MBA program.


Perfect, thank you so much. Also, on your resume, did you break out the individual positions you held within each company. For example, I've held the position of Analyst and Consultant and there isn't a drastic difference in responsibilities between the two titles...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 125
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 18:28
ACNguy wrote:
isa wrote:

I had the same thing. I just put one line saying that I planned to leave for an MBA program.


Perfect, thank you so much. Also, on your resume, did you break out the individual positions you held within each company. For example, I've held the position of Analyst and Consultant and there isn't a drastic difference in responsibilities between the two titles...


Hmm, I am in a similar situation..and in a similar dilemma. As of right now, I broke it into two parts on my resume.

I was actually wondering if you break it up on the application form itself. Do you just state the same employer twice?
or do you just state your latest title?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Ann Arbor
Schools: Ross Class of 2012
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 18:39
cul3s wrote:
ACNguy wrote:
isa wrote:

I had the same thing. I just put one line saying that I planned to leave for an MBA program.


Perfect, thank you so much. Also, on your resume, did you break out the individual positions you held within each company. For example, I've held the position of Analyst and Consultant and there isn't a drastic difference in responsibilities between the two titles...


Hmm, I am in a similar situation..and in a similar dilemma. As of right now, I broke it into two parts on my resume.

I was actually wondering if you break it up on the application form itself. Do you just state the same employer twice?
or do you just state your latest title?


I was thinking you'd name the employer once and then below that break it down into:
Employer
Title
-Achievement
-Achievement
-Achievement

Title
-Achievement
-Achievement
-Achievement
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants   [#permalink] 07 Jul 2009, 18:39
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
520 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants GoBruin 2695 18 May 2009, 07:43
532 Experts publish their posts in the topic Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants ak2012 1669 21 Mar 2012, 06:50
Chicago Booth Part-time Fall 2010 Applicants MBAChaser 2 14 Jul 2010, 13:37
62 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 agold 1888 02 Jun 2008, 05:53
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  135    Next  [ 2696 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.