Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.37
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi Xinga,
I don't think it matters either way.
This is the process: When you submit your application, you get a confirmation from an admissions advisor. It is this very person, who sends you an email if you get get shortlisted for an interview a couple of weeks later.
In the email, she/he congratulates you on passing to the interviews, and tells you that they will contact you shortly with the interviewer's details. The second email with the detals follows in the next couple of days (for me it was the next day, but for others in this forum it took more time). This delay is maybe due to the fact that she/he needs time to find 2 people in your city who are available.

xinga wrote:
Hi All

I've applied in R1 for J13 intake and had a Q on the interviews...

In my application, I've mentioned my mailing and permanent address in one city and my office address in another city. Should I inform the Adcom of my preferred city for the interview (of course, in case i'm invited) right away or await their confirmation on the interview before clarifying the same.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Sandy

Thanks for your reply. I still had a concern on the preference of city for the interview. In case I get shortlisted for the interview, I will want to have the interviews in the city where I work and not in the city my mailing/permanent address.

When should I ideally communicate the preference city for my interviews? Right now (I may not want to seem over confident) or once I am (hopefully) shortlisted (Adcom might not acknowledge last minute changes).

sandymp wrote:
Hi Xinga,
This is the process: When you submit your application, you get a confirmation from an admissions advisor. It is this very person, who sends you an email if you get get shortlisted for an interview a couple of weeks later.
In the email, she/he congratulates you on passing to the interviews, and tells you that they will contact you shortly with the interviewer's details. The second email with the detals follows in the next couple of days (for me it was the next day, but for others in this forum it took more time). This delay is maybe due to the fact that she/he needs time to find 2 people in your city who are available.

xinga wrote:
Hi All

In my application, I've mentioned my mailing and permanent address in one city and my office address in another city. Should I inform the Adcom of my preferred city for the interview (of course, in case i'm invited) right away or await their confirmation on the interview before clarifying the same.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You could do wait until the email saying you are shortlisted.
Thank Insead for this opportunity, and tell them that the city you wish to interview in is XX.
Don't worry, I don't think it's too late.

Even if you wait until receiving the 2 names it's still not too late either. (but maybe not the best to do this). The adcom has a big bank of alumni, and they will just choose 2 new ones in the right city.

Anyways, somebody posted on this forum before, that since it was taking too long to arrange an interview with one of the 2 alumni, the adcom sent the name of a 3rd alumni. (In case he/she was available sooner)

Hope that helps.

Which city are you from?

xinga wrote:
Hi Sandy

Thanks for your reply. I still had a concern on the preference of city for the interview. In case I get shortlisted for the interview, I will want to have the interviews in the city where I work and not in the city my mailing/permanent address.

When should I ideally communicate the preference city for my interviews? Right now (I may not want to seem over confident) or once I am (hopefully) shortlisted (Adcom might not acknowledge last minute changes).

sandymp wrote:
Hi Xinga,

xinga wrote:
Hi All

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks, Sandy.

I am from Mumbai and curently working in Bangalore.

[quote="sandymp"]You could do wait until the email saying you are shortlisted.
Thank Insead for this opportunity, and tell them that the city you wish to interview in is XX.
Don't worry, I don't think it's too late.

Even if you wait until receiving the 2 names it's still not too late either. (but maybe not the best to do this). The adcom has a big bank of alumni, and they will just choose 2 new ones in the right city.

Anyways, somebody posted on this forum before, that since it was taking too long to arrange an interview with one of the 2 alumni, the adcom sent the name of a 3rd alumni. (In case he/she was available sooner)

Hope that helps.

Which city are you from?

[quote="xinga"]Hi Sandy

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think you have even less to worry about then ;)
There are many indians in each intake, so probably a larger pool of alumni to choose from then in another country.
Btw.. I went 2x to Bangalore for work (ITPL). I have great souvenirs, from a brunch at the Leelah palace, watching James Bond at a local cinema with everyone standing up for the anthem, and a trip to the temple and the flower market (amazing colours!!!)

Good luck with your admissions :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks, Sandy.

Good luck with you admissions as well :)

Hope to see u at INSEAD :wink:

sandymp wrote:
I think you have even less to worry about then ;)
There are many indians in each intake, so probably a larger pool of alumni to choose from then in another country.
Btw.. I went 2x to Bangalore for work (ITPL). I have great souvenirs, from a brunch at the Leelah palace, watching James Bond at a local cinema with everyone standing up for the anthem, and a trip to the temple and the flower market (amazing colours!!!)

Good luck with your admissions :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
xinga wrote:

Hi! Actually in the interview invitation first email they do mention to confirm if you need to carry out the interview in a different city so I wouldn't really worry about it until then. So I would wait.

Adcom reps appreciate it when we respect their time, I guess they already have quite a volume in their hands.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks, Indigo...this was helpful.

Indigo12 wrote:
xinga wrote:

Hi! Actually in the interview invitation first email they do mention to confirm if you need to carry out the interview in a different city so I wouldn't really worry about it until then. So I would wait.

Adcom reps appreciate it when we respect their time, I guess they already have quite a volume in their hands.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General
Schools:top schools
 Q43  V31 GMAT 2: 670  Q43  V38 GMAT 3: 680  Q48  V35
WE 1: Foreign Ministry - 6 years
WE 2: Law Firm - 3 years
Send PM
Hi All:

I have submitted an application for R1 of Jan13 intake. Has anyone of us already got an invitation for interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Matt1177 wrote:
Hi All:

I have submitted an application for R1 of Jan13 intake. Has anyone of us already got an invitation for interview?

Hey Matt1177 - Try the Jan 2013 Intake forum as here you'll find mostly the Sept 2012 applicants....
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
nominomi wrote:
completed both my interviews, difficult to say how they went, crossing all my fingers and toes. best of luck to all waiting for the final reply!

I just finished my second interview as well. This time was very different from last interviewer. he asked more questions and took a lot of note. I asked the feedback at the end of interview and he said that I definitely have a chance, but it is not his decision. So... fingers crossed as well! 20 days to go...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone,

Just updating the list:

sandymp - invited
walktalk - invited
sanjuro9 - dinged
nominomi - invited
lssmba - invited
zhetengser - ?
rino - ?
intake2012fall - invited
FinMcCool - invited
oneyearmba - invited
omarayaz - invited
mazerath - ?
lixianwei - invited

Congrats lixianwei on your interview invite!

Also for everyone, here is the link to the youtube video about INSEAD admissions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmleeDZ_ ... e=youtu.be
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anybody going to the Open Days (Fonty / Singap) ?
They are happening mid-June.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sandymp wrote:
Anybody going to the Open Days (Fonty / Singap) ?
They are happening mid-June.

Won't be able to go, need to save all the leaves for the document preparation- if i am in, which at this moment still a big IF....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone knows thread for Jan2013 intake?

Can you help me with link
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nik864u wrote:
Does anyone knows thread for Jan2013 intake?

Can you help me with link

Here you go.
insead-2013-jan-calling-all-applicants-127719.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anybody get any news yet?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts