Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Re: Calling UCLA Fall 2009 Applicants [#permalink]
Went complete today. Hoping for the interview invite soon!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital
Schools:Chicago, MIT, NYU, UCLA
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Hey guys, please add me to the R2 applicants list
Attachments

gandalf4.jpg
gandalf4.jpg [ 94.05 KiB | Viewed 2420 times ]

Intern
Intern
 Q48  V40
Send PM
I am a R2 applicant. Since there is no official "mid decision" date in Anderson's publications, does anybody here know when should we expect to receive such decisions (i.e interview invitation or an official ding)?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Rady School of Management at UC San Diego GO TRITONS
 Q49  V44
Send PM
A little info for everyone who was waitlisted - I sent an e-mail last Tuesday to the UCLA admissions office, basically telling them I had a fellowship from UCSD and was waiting on Stanford, and asking them to give me some idea of my chances of being accepted off the waitlist. I was appropriately polite and said I'd understand if they couldn't give me any info, but since I'm trying to make a more informed decision, anything they could say would be appreciated.

Not only did they not give me any info, but they also didn't respond to or acknowledge the message. :?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare and Operations
Schools:Michigan
Send PM
rjacobs wrote:
A little info for everyone who was waitlisted - I sent an e-mail last Tuesday to the UCLA admissions office, basically telling them I had a fellowship from UCSD and was waiting on Stanford, and asking them to give me some idea of my chances of being accepted off the waitlist. I was appropriately polite and said I'd understand if they couldn't give me any info, but since I'm trying to make a more informed decision, anything they could say would be appreciated.

Not only did they not give me any info, but they also didn't respond to or acknowledge the message. :?

So you need to tell UCSD about the fellowship soon? Can you just put down a deposit, then lose the deposit if you get into stanford/ucla (if you choose to go to those schools). That might be the best option.

Personally I think there is a pretty big gap between Stanford/Harvard and other business schools. I'd choose one of those schools over pretty much any school. Just have to be patient and wait to hear from Stanford. Poking UCLA for more information probably isn't going to do much good. I think part of the reason UCLA placed so many people on the waitlist this year is to flush out people who wont attend UCLA if given an offer.

At this point I am going forward as if I am going to attend Michigan. If I get off the waitlist at UCLA, great...but I'm not really counting on it at this point.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey all,

I find this a little WEIRD but....I submitted UCLA R2 back in late Dec., but have yet to receive an emailing advising that my app is complete and an app ID number. Is this normal? I figured that these IDs were sent out prior to the start of the app review process...

Thanks for any insights!

-Mark
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7305 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Send PM
ucbpeng wrote:
Hey all,

I find this a little WEIRD but....I submitted UCLA R2 back in late Dec., but have yet to receive an emailing advising that my app is complete and an app ID number. Is this normal? I figured that these IDs were sent out prior to the start of the app review process...

Thanks for any insights!

-Mark

I submitted late Dec too and just got that email with the app id. If you don't get it by the end of this week, I'd call to see what's up - maybe some pieces of your application are still missing, e.g. transcripts.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
rjacobs wrote:

Are you honestly surprised? Every single interaction I had with the UCLA staff screamed of incompetence and terrible process design. And this has been well documented by others on this board.
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
jb32 wrote:
rjacobs wrote:

Are you honestly surprised? Every single interaction I had with the UCLA staff screamed of incompetence and terrible process design. And this has been well documented by others on this board.

I wouldn't go that far... I had a fine experience with UCLA, no hiccups. Emails I've sent, they've responded within a couple days. They showed me more attention than Duke has, as far as pairing me with current students and alumni. I think Kellogg's rep is far worse this year as far as causing applicant high anxiety. I would even say that after calling their adcom office once, they were very polite.

On that note, I generally give adcoms at every school a week to get back to me during application season - every office is swamped during these months. However; I wouldn't expect them to give you any answer about the possibility to be accepted off the waitlist - I don't think they can disclose that information.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools:Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Send PM
chineseburned wrote:

I submitted late Dec too and just got that email with the app id. If you don't get it by the end of this week, I'd call to see what's up - maybe some pieces of your application are still missing, e.g. transcripts.

The reason they send the app id is to inform applicants if something is missing or not. Now if they don't send the id because application is incomplete then it makes no sense to me. Having said that I will call them next week if I don't get the ID by then.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7305 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Send PM
Travel09 wrote:
chineseburned wrote:

The reason they send the app id is to inform applicants if something is missing or not. Now if they don't send the id because application is incomplete then it makes no sense to me. Having said that I will call them next week if I don't get the ID by then.

Maybe you are right with UCLA. But at another school I didn't get the app id until they had received all application components. It could be a coincidence though. I thought, however, the app id is used mostly to track your application status of mainly interview/decision and if admitted that automatically becomes your student id number with the school.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
UCLA blog has some information on application id for round 1. They mention all applicants will be notified by 10/24 ( 2 weeks after deadline) whether their application is complete. So we should expect something similar for round 2 applicants.

"https://uclaanderson.typepad.com/mba_admissions/2008/10/next-steps-for.html"

Next Steps for Round 1 UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants

All Round 1 applicants, here's some useful information for you regarding the next steps in the admissions process.

* You will be notified by Friday, 24 Oct 08 of your application status - i.e., whether or not all your materials arrived by the deadline and your applicaton is complete or there is missing information and it is incomplete. (Please note: For the vast majority of you, your files will be complete, so don't be concerned.) You will be able to view your status through a link and login id we will email to you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm not sure too. My knowledge is based on this forums and student blogs. So I could be wrong.

chineseburned wrote:
Travel09 wrote:
chineseburned wrote:

Maybe you are right with UCLA. But at another school I didn't get the app id until they had received all application components. It could be a coincidence though. I thought, however, the app id is used mostly to track your application status of mainly interview/decision and if admitted that automatically becomes your student id number with the school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
Got an invite...
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Wow, that's great Monkbent! I did not expect that invites will be issued so soon...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Now that we know, the butterflies begin......

GandalftheGrey wrote:
Wow, that's great Monkbent! I did not expect that invites will be issued so soon...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congratulations and good luck monkbent

Raabend wrote:
Now that we know, the butterflies begin......

GandalftheGrey wrote:

That's so true Raabend.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  20