Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 354 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: ISB '16
GPA: 3.07
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Feeling Frustated- Fourth Attempt Still 670( Q-47 V-35) !! [#permalink]
Hey dont worry about it. Most important thing is to stay positive. From the looks of it you need to get new resources. Try Kaplan Online Portal (Ondemand -- I think thats what it is called) or The economist. Either way, you need to analyze from mistakes the topics you need to practice. Also replicate exact settings for the mock tests, and take as many till you get a sense that you'll be able to replicate your strategies on test-day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Strategy
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Revenge2014 wrote:
Today I gave my GMAT and this was my fourth attempt.

My previous scores were:
GMAT 1: 590( Q-45 V-26)
GMAT 2: 640( Q-48 V-28)
GMAT 3: 620( Q-44 V-31)
GMAT 4: 670( Q-47 V-35)

I am feeling really frustrated. I did put lot of efforts this time and consistently I was scoring consistently around 720 in GMAT Prep tests.( 690,710,730,720)
In Manhattan test, my scores in past 4 test were 690,720,710,720. In all of them I scored fairly good in Quant( 48-49)and verbal ranging b/w 37-41.

I had a very positive mindset that I will be able to break 700 barrier this time but it all shattered.
In the exam, Quant started off nice and in middle got some really tough questions and thought test was going fine and was confident to score in 48-49 range.
In Verbal as well, i saw couple of long and tough RCs with CR also being very tough than usual.But it all resulted in 670 only.

I am clueless now , what should I do next? Verbal is the area where there is scope of improvement but I have tried all and now quite confident in verbal but score of 35 has again pushed me back.
Belonging to competitive pool (Indian, IT, Male) , I need to get atleast 720-740 to stand.Any suggestion on how to move forward or has anyone has been in similar situation? If yes, suggest me how to overcome this.

With R1 deadlines nearby, I am really frustrated how to go ahead. Not sure if I should retake or not?Although, I still believe I can get to that 720-740 mark but given my past scores I have started doubting myself. :cry:

Advices/Suggestions Please.

Hi,

1) Have you been maintaining an error log? Targeting the specific area of weakness -https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-about-the-error-log-11754.html. Try the one i have attached. Identifying your area of weakness is important. Counter-attack!

2) Read and Practice a lot of RC questions. Going by my experience , real GMAT scenario is very different for all the questions. Try and emulate the real environment at home. Take as many mocks tests as possible!

3) All the courses online come with a score increase guarantee! Please trust more on your intuition (what best suit your need and understanding. They all come with demo version.) and less on score guarantee. Manhattan, Magoosh, economist, gmatpill all are good but you have to evaluate what suits your need? Have you given a thought to personal tutoring? There is a vast pool available out there.

4) You have already reached the milestone. Just focus on the work and forget the results. They will come automatically! Believe!

5) All the best- Try reading an inspirational quote everyday and make a milestone chart to achieve your desired goal!

'I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.' - Michael Jordan
Attachments

Awesome_Error_Log_V2.1.xlsm [378.89 KiB]
Downloaded 49 times

Intern
Intern
Send PM
royQV wrote:
Revenge2014 wrote:

My previous scores were:

I am feeling really frustrated. I did put lot of efforts this time and consistently I was scoring consistently around 720 in GMAT Prep tests.( 690,710,730,720)
In Manhattan test, my scores in past 4 test were 690,720,710,720. In all of them I scored fairly good in Quant( 48-49)and verbal ranging b/w 37-41.

I had a very positive mindset that I will be able to break 700 barrier this time but it all shattered.
In the exam, Quant started off nice and in middle got some really tough questions and thought test was going fine and was confident to score in 48-49 range.
In Verbal as well, i saw couple of long and tough RCs with CR also being very tough than usual.But it all resulted in 670 only.

I am clueless now , what should I do next? Verbal is the area where there is scope of improvement but I have tried all and now quite confident in verbal but score of 35 has again pushed me back.
Belonging to competitive pool (Indian, IT, Male) , I need to get atleast 720-740 to stand.Any suggestion on how to move forward or has anyone has been in similar situation? If yes, suggest me how to overcome this.

With R1 deadlines nearby, I am really frustrated how to go ahead. Not sure if I should retake or not?Although, I still believe I can get to that 720-740 mark but given my past scores I have started doubting myself. :cry:

Hi,

1) Have you been maintaining an error log? Targeting the specific area of weakness -https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-about-the-error-log-11754.html. Try the one i have attached. Identifying your area of weakness is important. Counter-attack!

2) Read and Practice a lot of RC questions. Going by my experience , real GMAT scenario is very different for all the questions. Try and emulate the real environment at home. Take as many mocks tests as possible!

3) All the courses online come with a score increase guarantee! Please trust more on your intuition (what best suit your need and understanding. They all come with demo version.) and less on score guarantee. Manhattan, Magoosh, economist, gmatpill all are good but you have to evaluate what suits your need? Have you given a thought to personal tutoring? There is a vast pool available out there.

4) You have already reached the milestone. Just focus on the work and forget the results. They will come automatically! Believe!

5) All the best- Try reading an inspirational quote everyday and make a milestone chart to achieve your desired goal!

'I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.' - Michael Jordan

Thanks for your suggestions. I have been maintaining Error log but not in this formal way.Any specifics to improve on RC? I am looking forward to take courses from Magoosh or Economist !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Strategy
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Revenge2014 wrote:
royQV wrote:
Revenge2014 wrote:

My previous scores were:

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have been maintaining Error log but not in this formal way.Any specifics to improve on RC? I am looking forward to take courses from Magoosh or Economist !!

Hi ,

Magoosh is a few videos and a lot of practice-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ONln9oE5o

On the other hand, in economist the course module is a lot of reading and practice-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnZyK3K7-h0

There is a week long demo available for free for both. Enrol and analyse which best suits your need.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts