Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1551 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.93
WE:Account Management (Education)
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Re: Get me admitted [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi there,

You're spot-on that outside of your undergrad GPA and GMAT score, your essays are where you can truly differentiate yourself and show the admissions committee why you deserve a spot in their class. Different schools take different approaches to the essay topics but overall, the trend is moving towards more open-ended questions (i.e. Introduce Yourself, Why You?) vs. more specific and pointed questions. To maximize the opportunity presented by the more open-ended questions you'll want to authentically and sincerely tell the story of you - instead of simply laying out the facts, discuss the why? and how? behind each decision and goal, emphasizing the aspects of your profile that set you apart.

If you'd like to discuss this in more detail, my firm offers a free 30-minute consultation - you can sign-up here: https://www.vantagepointadmissions.com/#!free-consultation/cjta. We have experience working with a wide diversity of clients across countries, industries, ages, etc. who have gained admission to their dream schools and we offer a number of different packages to suit different needs - we'd love to discuss how we can help you!

-Melody
Fortuna Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Nez,

That's definitely where admissions consultants can help out - with the essays and forming 'your story'. Sometimes it's really hard to know exactly what ad coms are looking for, plus it can be hard to 'self yourself'. When you work with a consultant, we will get to know you as best as possible, pointing out your strengths and weaknesses, and if any weaknesses, how to address them. We will identify themes in your life/career and really try and tell the ad coms about you in the most exciting way possible AND we will make sure all criteria (specific to that school) are addressed in your application

We, at Fortuna Admissions, know exactly what that ad coms are looking for as we have all worked in admissions offices before! (myself included). Also I'm Canadian and based in Canada! So I know the Canadian schools very well so am happy to speak with you about which schools are achievable and which ones might be reach schools. Would love to work with you on this. Let me know if you want to chat.

Best,
GMAT Club Bot