Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 20:09 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 20:09
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10304 [0]
Given Kudos: 4559
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V37
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Applicants: January 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Good luck to all who applied in Round 1!! Let the wait begin!

Please do not forget to update your GMAT Club profile status once you submit the application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Am I the only applicant here? :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Schulich
Send PM
benmussa wrote:
Hello all,

I've submitted my application for the Jan-16 intake on Aug-30th, video essay on Sep-1st, and I haven't heard back from them yet. I was wondering how long does it take to get a response from the school? I need to catch the enrollment deadlines of other schools by mid-October

Also, I am in bad need of financial assistance (I have my reasons). Should I communicate this with the school now? Or better wait until I get admitted? How generous, or stingy, is Schullich when it comes to financial aid?

Thanks for your help

Hey, I read in their FAQ that it takes around 2 to 4 weeks, but I guess it depends if you're a local or international candidate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Schulich
Send PM
So I applied to their Master of Accounting program for May, I'm an international student from Bangladesh. They said that I need to complete a Diploma in Intermediate Accounting before I get into MACC so I applied for May '16 Term 0 (Hope I did the right thing and didn't screw up).
Submitted my application on September 6th, my GMAT score is 660 and my CGPA is 3.63 but it'll be upto 3.7 by this December I hope (I'm retaking a failed course). Any other applicants here with me?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kifster66 wrote:
benmussa wrote:
Hello all,

I've submitted my application for the Jan-16 intake on Aug-30th, video essay on Sep-1st, and I haven't heard back from them yet. I was wondering how long does it take to get a response from the school? I need to catch the enrollment deadlines of other schools by mid-October

Also, I am in bad need of financial assistance (I have my reasons). Should I communicate this with the school now? Or better wait until I get admitted? How generous, or stingy, is Schullich when it comes to financial aid?

Thanks for your help

Hey, I read in their FAQ that it takes around 2 to 4 weeks, but I guess it depends if you're a local or international candidate.

It's been a little over 2 weeks, I guess I'll just have to wait :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: #JustTheFAQs Webinar Series – Fall 2015
Just the FAQs – Admissions Tips – GMAT and GPA  – October 13, 2015 Preparing your application? Questions about the requirements? Unsure if your profile is a good fit? Schulich’s webinar series – Just the FAQs will provide you with the information that you need. Learn how your application will be evaluated and the steps [...]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Just The FAQs Webinar Series – Fall 2015
Just the FAQs – Admissions Tips – GMAT and GPA  – October 13, 2015 Preparing your application? Questions about the requirements? Unsure if your profile is a good fit? Schulich’s webinar series – Just the FAQs will provide you with the information that you need. Learn how your application will be evaluated and the steps [...]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Back by Popular Demand: GMAT Study Series
Whether you have been thinking nervously about the GMAT for months or you’re just starting to contemplate it, the series of offerings here at Schulich is the jump start you need to accelerate your GMAT preparation. In conjunction with Quantum Test Prep, we are offering three FREE sessions to help you wrap your head around [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Back by Popular Demand: GMAT STUDY SERIES
Whether you have been thinking nervously about the GMAT for months or you’re just starting to contemplate it, the series of offerings here at Schulich is the jump start you need to accelerate your GMAT preparation. In conjunction with Quantum Test Prep, we are offering three FREE sessions to help you wrap your head around [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Workshop: Tips on Designing a Stellar Grad Program Application
Interested in setting yourself apart from the rest? Learn how you can give your MBA, IMBA, MBAN or MF application a competitive edge! This evening workshop will begin with a 30 minute session from 6:00 – 6:30 on key pieces to building a strong application. You’ll learn what the Admissions committee is looking for and [...]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Ivey '17 (I)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.64
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM

Originally posted by manveersaluja on 18 Sep 2015, 19:55.
Last edited by manveersaluja on 23 Sep 2015, 05:28, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: GMAT Bootcamp this October – FREE for students who successfully enroll in September 2016!
Considering Grad School? Get ahead of the curve with the GMAT Bootcamp this October hosted at the Schulich School of Business! The intensive 30hr course will be taught by a GMAT Expert from Quantum Test Prep and cover the four sections of the GMAT: Mathematical, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing. Participants will gain the [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
manveersaluja wrote:
Hi Guys
Just got an offer for admission yesterday. Really excited about Schulich.... Is there anyone else who is gonna join Schulich Jan 2016 intake??

Regards
Manveer

Hey .. Congratulations on the happy news!

I've just been invited for an interview yesterday. It should take place on Sep-30th

Any advice on the interview? How long did it take them to get back to you after the interview?

What about financial aid? Have you got any? Was it merit-based or need-based? Did you have to apply for it separately?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: GMAT Bootcamp this October – FREE for students who successfully enroll in 2016!
Considering Grad School? Get ahead of the curve with the GMAT Bootcamp this October hosted at the Schulich School of Business! The intensive 30hr course will be taught by a GMAT Expert from Quantum Test Prep and cover the four sections of the GMAT: Mathematical, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing. Participants will gain the [...]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
I got a letter of admission today. But, I also received a letter stating that offer is conditional upon successful completion of interview.
Has anyone else got conditional offer like this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nm01 wrote:
I got a letter of admission today. But, I also received a letter stating that offer is conditional upon successful completion of interview.

This is strange. The admission decision usually factors in the interview part. Are you sure it's not just an interview invitation? Has the letter included entry scholarships?

I've done my interview yesterday. They said I should expect a response from them next week. Fingers crossed :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
benmussa wrote:
nm01 wrote:

This is strange. The admission decision usually factors in the interview part. Are you sure it's not just an interview invitation? Has the letter included entry scholarships?

I've done my interview yesterday. They said I should expect a response from them next week. Fingers crossed :roll:

Yes, it was an admission letter - I got it by post as well. Also, on the next day I got an interview invite.
I didn't get any scholarship.

All the best to you!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
7048 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
234 posts