GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 08 Dec 2019, 14:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Location: Italy
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Schools: IE Sept'16 (M)
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)
Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2015, 11:41
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2015, 02:51
Hi all,

Surprised to see no posts here! I am an applicant for september 2015 intake and received an email invitation for formal interview but haven't heard back since.. Anyone else here who is in a similar situation?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Location: Turkey
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V37
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 06:58
1
Hi R3APP,

I had the same situation, I had the interviewer in CC, I recontacted her. She thanked me for reminding and we scheduled the interview. It might happen :)

R3APP wrote:
Hi all,

Surprised to see no posts here! I am an applicant for september 2015 intake and received an email invitation for formal interview but haven't heard back since.. Anyone else here who is in a similar situation?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 13:37
benkarasi wrote:
Hi R3APP,

I had the same situation, I had the interviewer in CC, I recontacted her. She thanked me for reminding and we scheduled the interview. It might happen :)

R3APP wrote:
Hi all,

Surprised to see no posts here! I am an applicant for september 2015 intake and received an email invitation for formal interview but haven't heard back since.. Anyone else here who is in a similar situation?


Thank you for your advise. Did you wait for a particular time period before contacting the interviewer? I'm wondering if its too early to send a reminder.. (Its been 10 days to be precise).

Thanks a lot again.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Location: Turkey
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V37
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 13:06
I waited 9 days to call. Best of luck!

R3APP wrote:
benkarasi wrote:
Hi R3APP,

I had the same situation, I had the interviewer in CC, I recontacted her. She thanked me for reminding and we scheduled the interview. It might happen :)

R3APP wrote:
Hi all,

Surprised to see no posts here! I am an applicant for september 2015 intake and received an email invitation for formal interview but haven't heard back since.. Anyone else here who is in a similar situation?


Thank you for your advise. Did you wait for a particular time period before contacting the interviewer? I'm wondering if its too early to send a reminder.. (Its been 10 days to be precise).

Thanks a lot again.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Schools: IE Sept'16 (A)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2015, 16:14
Hey guys,
I got admitted.

Please help out here !!!
w w w.indiegogo. com/ projects/ mba-fundraiser/x/10098961
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Location: Italy
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Schools: IE Sept'16 (M)
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2015, 11:40
I have been admitted to IE Madrid's IMBA and I will start in September 2015!
I've chosen IE for many reasons: entrepreneurship, 1 year long, top ranked, it's in Madrid, will learn spanish and high class diversity.

I've took the ieGAT and also spoke to Italy's representative and he gave me some very useful suggestions.
The application went flawlessly, I've been scheduled the interview 5 days later, did it and received admission 10 days after the interview.

The interview was done via Skype and lasted about 50 minutes; it was tough but not stressful.

I really suggest you to get in touch with your nearest IE representative and meet at the next available Q&A event.
If you decide to take the ieGAT instead of the GMAT, please bear in mind that you need to send your application no further than 45 days after receiving the test results.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 4
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 12:08
Congrats cariafraweb,

Can you share your interview experience in terms of the questions that were asked? Also if you could elaborate on what you mean by interview being tough but not stressful?


Thanks!


cariafraweb wrote:
I have been admitted to IE Madrid's IMBA and I will start in September 2015!
I've chosen IE for many reasons: entrepreneurship, 1 year long, top ranked, it's in Madrid, will learn spanish and high class diversity.

I've took the ieGAT and also spoke to Italy's representative and he gave me some very useful suggestions.
The application went flawlessly, I've been scheduled the interview 5 days later, did it and received admission 10 days after the interview.

The interview was done via Skype and lasted about 50 minutes; it was tough but not stressful.

I really suggest you to get in touch with your nearest IE representative and meet at the next available Q&A event.
If you decide to take the ieGAT instead of the GMAT, please bear in mind that you need to send your application no further than 45 days after receiving the test results.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Location: Italy
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Schools: IE Sept'16 (M)
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2015, 02:14
newbie08 wrote:
Congrats cariafraweb,

Can you share your interview experience in terms of the questions that were asked? Also if you could elaborate on what you mean by interview being tough but not stressful?


The interview was mostly about my professional experience, future career and motivation about going to IE's MBA.

The discussion was fast-paced and required, of course, detailed answers but the person at the other end was very kind and he had read my whole profile, so the questions he asked were precise.

The written application + interview is well laid-out and I think also very fair because it takes into account many factors about the candidate, not just the professional ones.

I'm so happy to start the program in september and really can't wait! :-D :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 4
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2015, 05:41
Hi all,

I got my acceptance letter this week and I am very happy to be joining the Sept'15 IMBA batch... Already starting to get goosebumps!

To share my experience: The application process was relatively easy, given the fact that I had support from all the great advisors in this forum on almost all the topics related to getting through the GMAT and the MBA preparation. After starting on my application early February, I managed to submit it in early March. I was surprised to get an interview invite in just 3 days! After few reminders, my interviewer took almost 2 weeks to get back to me with the interview date and time. It was a Skype interview and my interviewer was late by almost 15 minutes. I started to even wonder if I had messed up the timezones or date even - AGAIN!!! :). It just added to my interview nervousness. I sent a mail asking for his joining confirmation and we started almost 20 mins later than scheduled. My interviewer was very kind but serious person; but his questions kind of threw me off. He asked me questions about my high-school grades/rankings that were almost a decade old. I really hadn't prepared for those details. Though stumped, I explained that I no longer recollected the exact specifics, but can get back to him later if he so needed. I guess that might have saved me some face, because towards the end of my 30 mins interview, I was not too confident of a positive outcome. Then the waiting period started... and well WALAAH - on one historic evening, I opened my mailbox to see a mail from IE starting with a 'Congratulations'. I just Flipped right then and there!

I am very excited to onboard a really wondrous journey with IE for the next one year starting this Sept - and want to thank you all - the great and wonderful people out there - for all your help in my journey so far. Lastly - I also wish every one of you all the very best to achieve your individual dream schools - just like I have! Feel free to message me for any help that you think that I can help with.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 6
Location: Mexico
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 10:48
1
Hello everyone, and congratulations on getting accepted into IE Business School!

I will be attending the September 2015 IMBA intake my self so I'll see you there.
For those waiting for the interview result, I got mine in around a week but I've seen others wait for two or three weeks. I would be patient and I'm sure you did fine.
In my case it was a face to face meeting and the person interviewing me had completely different questions to what you would expect. He was very focused on the business side of my work experience. So be sure you know your numbers. Other than that relax and use the experience to learn. I asked a lot about IE and the program and I got honest answers. That cemented my love for the school and program.

Now that you've been admitted, have you thought about how you're going to finance your MBA? As an international student, I found it a bit difficult to get funds for my MBA, and I'm sure there are many students in the same position - so I wanted to share some information that might be helpful.

Prodigy Finance is a loan provider that offers loans specifically for postgraduate students who are travelling abroad for their studies. Check it out, as it might be an option for you.

See you at Madrid!

- Andrés
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 6
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT Date: 11-01-2013
GPA: 3.44
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 03:03
Hi everyone,

I am applying for September 2016 intake of IE MBA. I am from an pure engineering background and I wish to know what to expect in the interview.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 6
Location: Mexico
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 06:59
Hi abhaysinha,

I'm from a pure Engineering background too. Just think of the projects you work on from the business side. How much did they cost and how much they brought to the company. The planing and processes you used to solve problems and how they had an impact. Stuff like that.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2015
Posts: 41
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V37
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2015, 09:37
cariafraweb wrote:
I have been admitted to IE Madrid's IMBA and I will start in September 2015!
I've chosen IE for many reasons: entrepreneurship, 1 year long, top ranked, it's in Madrid, will learn spanish and high class diversity.

I've took the ieGAT and also spoke to Italy's representative and he gave me some very useful suggestions.
The application went flawlessly, I've been scheduled the interview 5 days later, did it and received admission 10 days after the interview.

The interview was done via Skype and lasted about 50 minutes; it was tough but not stressful.

I really suggest you to get in touch with your nearest IE representative and meet at the next available Q&A event.
If you decide to take the ieGAT instead of the GMAT, please bear in mind that you need to send your application no further than 45 days after receiving the test results.


Hello there

I've just finished my interview and i think it went pretty well.

I am applying for the September 2015 intake. How long does it take before hearing back from them, considering the tight time?

Are there any symptoms of a "good" or "bad" interview? How do you sense where this is heading?

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 6
Location: Mexico
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2015, 09:59
It's hard to know but it seems you get an answer in no more than 3 weeks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2015, 13:23
Hi everyone just wanted to know do I need to submit score via GMAT?? Coz I had not mentioned ie while appearing for GMAT
Also what is the application fee?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2015
Posts: 41
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V37
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2015, 11:32
Hello,

The application fee was 160 Euros (if i remember correctly). I have not yet submitted GMAT to IE, but i know that you can access mba.com and send your score directly to the school (up to 5 schools, i believe)

Cheers

anandssukhi wrote:
Hi everyone just wanted to know do I need to submit score via GMAT?? Coz I had not mentioned ie while appearing for GMAT
Also what is the application fee?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Schools: IE '18, Bocconi '17
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2015, 04:26
hi guys


I will attend IMBA in september...any advice for accomodation, (eg which zone....)

thx


S
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jul 2015
Posts: 58
Location: Nigeria
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 02:19
stepis wrote:
hi guys


I will attend IMBA in september...any advice for accomodation, (eg which zone....)

thx


S


Does anyone comeback to Gmat club after they've bn admitted/started their program?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!   [#permalink] 18 Nov 2015, 02:19
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JMMadison






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne