GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 02:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (January 2016 Intake) Class of 2016!!

post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Schools: IE Sept'16 (M)
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)
Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (January 2016 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2015, 11:42
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT Date: 11-01-2013
GPA: 3.44
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (January 2016 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2015, 12:19
Hi Everyone!

I applied for IE- Jan 2016 intake and I have got my interview scheduled for next week. Can anyone give me some helpful tips on the interview?

Regards,
AS
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (January 2016 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2015, 01:09
abhaysinha wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I applied for IE- Jan 2016 intake and I have got my interview scheduled for next week. Can anyone give me some helpful tips on the interview?

Regards,
AS

Hi,

I also applied for Jan 2016 intake and had my interview yesterday on the Decision Day.
All the questions were on my CV, my essays and my projects. Very easy, no tricks :)

Just be ready to provide details on what you've said on your application : why you chose your school, your job ....

Regards,
David
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2015, 01:20
Shiki31 wrote:
abhaysinha wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Regards,
AS

Hi,

I also applied for Jan 2016 intake and had my interview yesterday on the Decision Day.
All the questions were on my CV, my essays and my projects. Very easy, no tricks :)

Just be ready to provide details on what you've said on your application : why you chose your school, your job ....

Regards,
David

Cheers Thanks a lot. I also have my interview scheduled on the decision day. Best of Luck with the results. :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2015, 01:06
Hey Shiki31,

Did they ask you any business related question like european debt crisis or anything related to it. I am from pure engineering background with little or no exposure to finance and economics and this thing is bothering me a lot.

Regards,
AS
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q154 V164

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2015, 01:21
Hello all,

I've applied for the January 2016 Intake for the IMBA. I've conducted two interviews, both over skype, one with a local admissions rep and another with a rep from Madrid. Both interviews covered more or less the same topics that you'd find in any sort of MBA interview. I think the interviewer also wants to see that you've done your research on IE, and you're serious about the program. Both interviews are a lot of fun, if a bit intense.

I'm waiting to hear back on a decision.

-JN
Intern
Intern
Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (January 2016 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2015, 09:14
abhaysinha wrote:
Hey Shiki31,

Did they ask you any business related question like european debt crisis or anything related to it. I am from pure engineering background with little or no exposure to finance and economics and this thing is bothering me a lot.

Regards,
AS

Not at all, but I have my opinion on those topics. I'm sure you have your own. Nothing else is needed, don't worry.

And by the way, I am accepted :-D :-D :-D
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2015, 11:35
Shiki31 wrote:
abhaysinha wrote:
Hey Shiki31,

Regards,
AS

Not at all, but I have my opinion on those topics. I'm sure you have your own. Nothing else is needed, don't worry.

And by the way, I am accepted :-D :-D :-D

Oh wow! Wonderful. Congratulations. Hope we will get see each other on campus.

And thanks for the response. It helped :-)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2015, 03:14
I just received notification. I've been accepted for the January 2016 intake. Now I'm waiting for the financial aid office to respond with an offer.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2015, 00:43
JN53 wrote:
I just received notification. I've been accepted for the January 2016 intake. Now I'm waiting for the financial aid office to respond with an offer.

Congrats ! Which financial aid did you apply for? I working on the essay for the IE foundation right now. I don't know which other I could apply for.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2015, 23:49
Shiki, I'll send you a PM.

I'm a bit concerned looking at IE's employment report and salary data. Even taking in exchange rates into consideration, their mean salaries seem to be quite low compared to similiar schools in the US. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

-JN
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2015, 23:56
Hey guys,

I got the email last nigh. I got accepted :)

I would be joining the school. Can we get in touch through some other social media medium also, will be easier in Madrid :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2015, 07:15
Guys Iam applying for the jan batch, Am I too late???
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: IE Jan'16 (A)
GMAT Date: 07-22-2015
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2015, 06:43
anandssukhi wrote:

I am applying for the Jan 16 batch as well. It's not too late. Until late August/early September, submitting your application is fine...

Good luck!!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2015, 15:49
showmethemoney wrote:
anandssukhi wrote:

I am applying for the Jan 16 batch as well. It's not too late. Until late August/early September, submitting your application is fine...

Good luck!!

I just applied for the Jan 16 batch, what is the average turnaround time before Interview and decision? cant wait to join the 'ADMITTED' group
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V37

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2015, 16:22
The whole process takes roughly 3-4 weeks

Good luck
Manager
Manager
Paella Contest on IE Campus  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2015, 07:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Paella Contest on IE Campus
What could be more Spanish than sun, paella and dancing? That’s exactly how the latest group of new International MBA students were welcomed to IE during their first week in Madrid. The paella contest on campus was a great opportunity for new students to experience cultural diversity and the IE spirit first-hand while starting the semester off with tasty team-bonding.

Catch all the action in this video recap made by Kaizen Coaching

Follow us!

Instagram @ieBusiness #ieIMBA #lifeatIE #ieExperience

Twitter @ieBusiness

IE Business School Facebook Page

IMBA Facebook Page

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
Hay Festival desvela la primeras actividades de su décima edición  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2015, 06:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Hay Festival desvela la primeras actividades de su décima edición
IE University repite como colaborador principal y socio académico

La organización del Hay Festival ha desvelado las primeras actividades de su próxima edición, la décima, en la que IE University repite como colaborador principal y socio académico.

Aunque el programa definitivo será anunciado en las próximas semanas, el HAY Festival apuesta en su décima edición por reconocer el talento español y de la mano de Acción Cultural Española trae a Segovia el ciclo Trayectorias con reconocidos creadores de nuestro país que han triunfado dentro y fuera de España en todos los campos de la cultura: cine, música, literatura, artes plásticas, cultura digital, etc.

Además, junto al British Council el público conocerá  a prestigiosos filósofos, autores y artistas plásticos británicos; mientras que IE University reunirá a grandes pensadores alrededor de cuestiones como el papel de la mujer en la cultura, los cambios culturales en la sociedad española y el futuro de los medios de comunicación, entre otros.

Clara Luquero, alcaldesa de Segovia, Eduardo López Busquets, director de Casa Árabe y Sheila Cremaschi, directora del HAY Festival Segovia, han firmado un Convenio de colaboración para la celebración del Festival,  que será inaugurado el viernes 11 de septiembre por la escritora María Dueñas y clausurado el domingo 27 por el poeta y cantautor Marwan. Al acto también han asistido la concejala de Cultura de Segovia, Marifé Santiago Bolaños, y la Agregada Cultural de la Embajada Suiza en España, Franziska Heimgartner Trilling. Las sedes del Ayuntamiento segoviano acogerán varios eventos coorganizados con la Casa Árabe -el consorcio público español  que tiene como misión tender puentes entre España y el mundo árabe-, que tendrá una gran presencia en esta edición a través de la música, la poesía, el cómic, la caligrafía y el cine.

En el acto también se ha presentado un ciclo de documentales suizos de arquitectura que se proyectarán en otro espacio municipal, la Cárcel – Filmoteca. La exhibición de estas producciones audiovisuales complementa dos exposiciones de arquitectura que se instalarán en el Palacio de Quintanar durante el Festival.

La Alhóndiga, tercera sede de Casa Árabe 

El emblemático edificio de La Alhóndiga albergará la mayoría de las actividades de la Casa Árabe en el HAY Festival.  Será una ocasión especial para acercar a los segovianos y a todo el público del HAY algunas muestras representativas de la diversidad cultural que caracteriza a la amplia geografía arabo-musulmana.

Así, la Alhóndiga acogerá Cálamos y Viñetas. Cómic árabe en movimiento muestra de cómic y novela gráfica en el mundo árabe contemporáneo con una selección de trabajos en formatos diversos y ejemplo de la frescura y libertad de los jóvenes artistas que poco a poco van creando una comunidad interconectada desde el Magreb al Levante árabe alrededor del cómic. Entre otras actividades, además, con motivo del 850 aniversario del nacimiento del místico y poeta andalusí Ibn Arabi y del V Centenario de Santa Teresa de Jesús, Casa Árabe programa un concierto flamenco de la mano del cantaor cartagenero Curro Piñana.

Además, y en colaboración con la Asociación de la Prensa de Segovia, los periodistas Mónica Bernabé y Gervasio Sánchez,  autores de “Mujeres. Afganistán”, charlarán con Aurelio Martín  de este proyecto para arrojar luz sobre la situación de las mujeres afganas, así como sensibilizar a la población sobre la impunidad generalizada y la violación sistemática de los Derechos Humanos en este país de Asia, así como de las dificultades para cubrir informaciones en países en guerra.

Documentales suizos de arquitectura 

Precisamente la Filmoteca acogerá también una interesante muestra de documentales de arquitectura que tienen como grandes protagonistas a Norman Foster y Georges Descombes. Estas producciones son el complemento perfecto a dos exposiciones de arquitectura.

La primera, Swiss Positions: 33 takes on sustainable approaches to building presenta a través de excelentes fotografías una serie de edificaciones sostenibles. Por otro lado, The Swiss Touch in Landscape Arquitecture ofrece un recorrido por la tradición, actualidad y futuro de la arquitectura del paisaje en el país helvético, campo de pruebas de algunas de las más interesantes investigaciones recientes.

Se trata de dos visiones complementarias de la arquitectura, marcadas por la conciencia ecológica, que demuestran una vez más la riqueza y capacidad de innovación de la arquitectura suiza.

Follow us!

Twitter @ieBusiness

IMBA Facebook Page

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
IE Campus Life: Mercedes-Benz Dream Cars event  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2015, 04:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: IE Campus Life: Mercedes-Benz Dream Cars event

On 9th of June, Instituto de Empresa Motor Club together with Mercedes-Benz organized the Dream Cars event. This is the first time an event of such characteristics is organized for a business school / college; Mercedes-Benz offered the opportunity to 40 students from different masters of IE Business School (MIM, MIF, IMBA, EMBA, etc. ) to attend the facilities of INTA (National Institute of Aerospace Technology) to see firsthand the great performance that the AMG models can offer.

A bus picked us right after finishing our classes in IE and took us to the facilities of INTA. There we were greeted with a catering / cocktail followed by a delicious meal. Then an IE alumni currently working in Mercedes-Benz gave the welcome speech and explained briefly what activities they had prepared for us.

We had the opportunity to test the models A45 AMG, S63 AMG, SL 55 AMG, SLK 500, CLS, AMG, GLA AMG E63 AMG, M and ML AMG under different conditions and always accompanied by expert pilots who assisted us with handling vehicles and explained us their features and characteristics. We were able to try the different AMG models in the following ¨scenarios¨:

1. Circuit ability

2. Zone off-road

3. Ring speed

4. Mickey Mouse (short circuit ability delimited with cones) and slide braking zone to test electronic security systems.

After the event we were presented each with a pole of Mercedes-Benz Madrid and a keychain of the beautiful model sl300.

An experience that all participants would definitely repeat (maybe next time being a proud owner of a Mercedes-Benz).

Follow us!

Twitter @ieBusiness

IMBA Facebook Page

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2015, 20:19
All recently applied members: can you update us on your application status ??

We would appreciate if those who interviewed can share their interview experience here

Thank You!
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (January 2016 Intake) Class of 2016!!   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2015, 20:19

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 102 posts ] 

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (January 2016 Intake) Class of 2016!!

post reply Update application status