Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Re: GMAT Scores [#permalink]
I took a practice test 2 weeks got 510 and yesterday on another test I got 640.

Are these free practice tests really test the GMAT level? I have purchased the Kaplan test series as well. I will take them starting next week. I just wanted to check on the free practice tests for now. Please advise.
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
aakrity wrote:

Are these free practice tests really test the GMAT level? I have purchased the Kaplan test series as well. I will take them starting next week. I just wanted to check on the free practice tests for now. Please advise.

If you talking about Gmat Prep free software then they are best mocks available in the market...

Quick note- You can reset the software and take 2 more practice tests, you will see very less repeat questions, also you may want to save one for your final lap.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
prateekbhatt wrote:
aakrity wrote:

If you talking about Gmat Prep free software then they are best mocks available in the market...

Quick note- You can reset the software and take 2 more practice tests, you will see very less repeat questions, also you may want to save one for your final lap.

Thanks Prateek. I took the Princeton Review practice test.

I will take the GMAT Prep test then :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
Send PM
bb wrote:
afreenshams wrote:
Hi,

The website says , Official Score Report will be sent within 20 calendar days of the test. Does this mean 20 working days or 20 days straight ? The universities I am applying to have a deadline of December 1st, 2013 hence I was wondering when I should be giving the exam in order to send the scores on time.

You will find out your Quant, Verbal, and Total scores immediately after the test.
It can take up to 20 days to determine your IR and AWA scores though it usually happens within one week. (Those scores don't really have a say in your application, unless they are really bad that is)

You can often take the test a day or two before the university deadline (not recommended but possible). You can ask the school what is "safe" and if they are OK with you taking the GMAT so close to the deadline. What happens is that you report your score on the application and the university uses that information to review your application (they later verify that what you have reported matches the official GMAC report). Most do not require AWA/IR reported at the time of submission.

However the safe thing to do is to take the GMAT a few months in advance (ideal) or 32 days in advance (that will give you a chance to retake if you need to). You are allowed to retake only after 31 days, so 32 days gives you that chance.

Good Luck!

Hi BB,
Nice post.. have been searching for this for long !
I have a query, I appeared for GMAT on 29/10/2012 and chose 5 schools to receive my scores. I am curious as to till when should I expect revert from these schools ( I am checking my mailbox on daily basis and I do see some invitations by these schools to meet on some fair etc but no calls ! )
Does it work like this way, e.g. if the Application Deadline say for Kelley school of business for First Round was October 15 and the Notification for this round will come out in December, they wont consider my scores in First round ?

How to calculate ?? pls suggest ..

Many Thanks !
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Send PM
jaya1 wrote:
bb wrote:
afreenshams wrote:
Hi,

The website says , Official Score Report will be sent within 20 calendar days of the test. Does this mean 20 working days or 20 days straight ? The universities I am applying to have a deadline of December 1st, 2013 hence I was wondering when I should be giving the exam in order to send the scores on time.

You will find out your Quant, Verbal, and Total scores immediately after the test.
It can take up to 20 days to determine your IR and AWA scores though it usually happens within one week. (Those scores don't really have a say in your application, unless they are really bad that is)

You can often take the test a day or two before the university deadline (not recommended but possible). You can ask the school what is "safe" and if they are OK with you taking the GMAT so close to the deadline. What happens is that you report your score on the application and the university uses that information to review your application (they later verify that what you have reported matches the official GMAC report). Most do not require AWA/IR reported at the time of submission.

However the safe thing to do is to take the GMAT a few months in advance (ideal) or 32 days in advance (that will give you a chance to retake if you need to). You are allowed to retake only after 31 days, so 32 days gives you that chance.

Good Luck!

Hi BB,
Nice post.. have been searching for this for long !
I have a query, I appeared for GMAT on 29/10/2012 and chose 5 schools to receive my scores. I am curious as to till when should I expect revert from these schools ( I am checking my mailbox on daily basis and I do see some invitations by these schools to meet on some fair etc but no calls ! )
Does it work like this way, e.g. if the Application Deadline say for Kelley school of business for First Round was October 15 and the Notification for this round will come out in December, they wont consider my scores in First round ?

How to calculate ?? pls suggest ..

Many Thanks !

Hi

After you send your score to the schools then you have to register on their website by making some registration fee, after that you have to follow their application procedure, once you submit you application along with gmat score then you will receive interview call.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I know the table is not perfect but I think it is strange that I am 20 points under what the table predicts. I got Q49, V47 which says 780, but I got a 760. Wondering if this is a product of percentile changes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hello everyone.
It's exciting to see the range of scores, and so many positive results. I've noticed it is hard to find people in real life that want to talk about GMAT so I'm excited to join the discussion here.
I've benefited quite a bit from gmatclub, and wanted to share my progress.
My goal for the GMAT is 700+, and I take my first test on 12/16.

I enrolled in a live Veritas prep class that meets two nights per week (started 11/4), and have been studying since 11/3. I took a practice test about 2 weeks into my studies and scored a 530 (on 11/16). After another 2 classes and nightly studying I managed to score a 570 on 11/23. I was glad to see improvement, but still did not feel confident while reading most of the problems. My class met two nights in a row due to Thanksgiving holiday, and after another handful of nightly study sessions I finally reached 600(11/27). I finally overcame some repetitive issues I was having, spent another weekend studying GMAT, and was gaining confidence each day. On 12/2 I was eager to do another practice test, and that night reached another milestone scoring a 660. I have continued my rigorous study routine, and plan to exceed my goal of 700 on test day. A lot of my early improvement came from simply relearning old material, I've put a lot of time and effort into studying and it's starting to show.

Good luck to everyone.
Director
Director
Send PM
cheezzy wrote:
Hello everyone.
It's exciting to see the range of scores, and so many positive results. I've noticed it is hard to find people in real life that want to talk about GMAT so I'm excited to join the discussion here.
I've benefited quite a bit from gmatclub, and wanted to share my progress.
My goal for the GMAT is 700+, and I take my first test on 12/16.

I enrolled in a live Veritas prep class that meets two nights per week (started 11/4), and have been studying since 11/3. I took a practice test about 2 weeks into my studies and scored a 530 (on 11/16). After another 2 classes and nightly studying I managed to score a 570 on 11/23. I was glad to see improvement, but still did not feel confident while reading most of the problems. My class met two nights in a row due to Thanksgiving holiday, and after another handful of nightly study sessions I finally reached 600(11/27). I finally overcame some repetitive issues I was having, spent another weekend studying GMAT, and was gaining confidence each day. On 12/2 I was eager to do another practice test, and that night reached another milestone scoring a 660. I have continued my rigorous study routine, and plan to exceed my goal of 700 on test day. A lot of my early improvement came from simply relearning old material, I've put a lot of time and effort into studying and it's starting to show.

Good luck to everyone.

You are improving quicky :) , keep up this pace.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3156 [0]
Given Kudos: 322
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi,

I don't know whether this has been asked before.

I want to ask that can we report the scores before sitting in the exam since in the middle of anxiety while appearing for exam it would be difficult to remember GMAT institute codes of different colleges.

If this has been asked before then sorry for the duplicate post.

Rgds,
TGC!
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi all,

If you're interested in reading more about how the GMAT is scored, you may wish to check out our expert blog posts from Economist GMAT Tutor's academic team:

https://gmat.economist.com/blog/test-ta ... ted-part-i
https://gmat.economist.com/blog/test-ta ... ed-part-ii
https://gmat.economist.com/blog/test-ta ... d-part-iii

Kind regards,

Liz
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Consulting (Venture Capital)
Send PM
does anyone know if a 2013 distribution table was ever released? the scale has def gone up and some of those Q/V->Overall conversions are (seemingly) no longer accurate. thx
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for SP Jain, PGPM program and the deadline to provide the GMAT score is 15th Aug'14. I posted a question to the admissions team of the college, confirming what will be the right time to appear for the exam as I have read it on the official gmat website that it takes 20 days for the score to reach the college. I got a reply that immediate score is acceptable. Can someone please explain what immediate score is and how will I be able to send that to the college?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
bhawna20 wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for SP Jain, PGPM program and the deadline to provide the GMAT score is 15th Aug'14. I posted a question to the admissions team of the college, confirming what will be the right time to appear for the exam as I have read it on the official gmat website that it takes 20 days for the score to reach the college. I got a reply that immediate score is acceptable. Can someone please explain what immediate score is and how will I be able to send that to the college?

Immediate score is the unofficial scorecard that you receive just after completing your GMAT exam at the center. Your official score reaches the b-schools appx 18-21 days after your GMAT day
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot!! :)

Just one more clarification.

Will I be able to submit my unofficial score to the college? The last date to submit the form is 31st July and last date to submit gmat score is 15th Aug. Is it possible that I take the test in 2nd week of Aug like around 10th of Aug?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
bhawna20 wrote:
Thanks a lot!! :)

Just one more clarification.

Will I be able to submit my unofficial score to the college? The last date to submit the form is 31st July and last date to submit gmat score is 15th Aug. Is it possible that I take the test in 2nd week of Aug like around 10th of Aug?

Yes, since you do not actually submit anything yourself except type in a number (a few numbers) on the application.
You have to take the GMAT no later than July 31st when your application is due.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
plaverbach wrote:
Quote:
1. Some will not send their score reports to schools until they are actually satisfied with their GMAT Score, so applicants would not request any reports at the test but only after they have seen the score. Though logical, this is not recommended. With the cost of $28 per score report, you are wasting anything between $28 and $140. Schools only use the highest of gmat scores. One way or another they will see that 450, if that's what you are concerned with.

That is not true any more, now you can see your results b4!

I believe you are now given an option to see the score before canceling. Have they also changed when you send the report to schools? i.e. you no longer enter it in the beginning of your test?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,

I took the GMAT last month and selected 5 schools to send my scores to on the test day. I did not score quite to my expectations and I am going to take the GMAT again. My question is that should I choose a different set of schools to send my scores this time.

To be clear, my top 5 schools are still the ones I selected on the 1st attempt and I want them to see my 2nd attempt scores as well. So will sending the scores to them once allow them to see all my scores when I apply to them and therefore I can choose a different set of schools or do I need to resend my scores to my top 5.

Thanks in advance
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11