Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.78
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.78
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Harvard (HBS) Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Thanks for the comment!
I agree!
Just little bit scared to put up my essay still tho....;;;;;
:shock:
EBM wrote:
slee26 wrote:
Hi all
I'm r2 applicant.
Is it better to wait till the last moment to submit my application (so that i can check for errors as many as i want until the deadline) or do i get even a slightest better chance if i submit it little earlier....say like today? :)

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

No, there's no advantage to submitting before the deadline--other than avoiding any website delays caused by 5,000 people trying to submit at the exact same time. They don't start reading applications until after the deadline, and being earlier doesn't mean you'll be at the top of the pile.

If you've already reviewed your entire application 20 times, it's unlikely that review #21 will produce anything worthwhile. I'd go ahead and submit and put it behind you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Kudos
slee26 wrote:
Thanks for the comment!
I agree!
Just little bit scared to put up my essay still tho....;;;;;
:shock:

For you to be ready with your application at this time simply means you are ready. Your profile says you have already applied and gained admission into a few schools. that means you already have a winning formula. There is very little you can do to make yourself better than you already are within the time frame.

So go ahead click on the submit button. Don't be shy. I will join you in a few days.

By the way. My 100th post is dedicated to you... :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Hi all,

This was posted on December 20th in the admission's blog (as well as earlier in this thread):

"GMAT/GRE TEST SCORES MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED AFTER JAN 6. If you do so, you will be moved to Round 3."

Can someone clarify this sentence for me? Does this mean Harvard must receive official score reports by January 6th for them to consider candidates? I ask because the GMAC website says to please allow 3 weeks for a program to receive your score report. I had GMAC send my official score report on December 19th, and now I am quite concerned Harvard might not receive my results in time. As far as I can tell, this information is not stated explicitly in the application. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks for the help.

Edit: From the FAQ "When submitting your application, you may report the unofficial GMAT or GRE score given on the day of the test, or your official score if you have received it. These are the only scores that the Admissions Board acknowledges. Your official score report may arrive from Pearson (for the GMAT) or ETS (for the GRE) after the deadline dates, and this score will be used for verification purposes. GMAT and GRE scores are valid for five years."

I will leave my post up in case anyone else has the same question, but it seems crisis averted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
Physics wrote:
Hi all,

This was posted on December 20th in the admission's blog (as well as earlier in this thread):

"GMAT/GRE TEST SCORES MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED AFTER JAN 6. If you do so, you will be moved to Round 3."

Can someone clarify this sentence for me? Does this mean Harvard must receive official score reports by January 6th for them to consider candidates? I ask because the GMAC website says to please allow 3 weeks for a program to receive your score report. I had GMAC send my official score report on December 19th, and now I am quite concerned Harvard might not receive my results in time. As far as I can tell, this information is not stated explicitly in the application. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks for the help.

Edit: From the FAQ "When submitting your application, you may report the unofficial GMAT or GRE score given on the day of the test, or your official score if you have received it. These are the only scores that the Admissions Board acknowledges. Your official score report may arrive from Pearson (for the GMAT) or ETS (for the GRE) after the deadline dates, and this score will be used for verification purposes. GMAT and GRE scores are valid for five years."

I will leave my post up in case anyone else has the same question, but it seems crisis averted.

Does it mean we have to submit official reports? I am confused, I was thinking unofficial score report will suffice for now..?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dairymilk wrote:
Physics wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for the help.

Does it mean we have to submit official reports? I am confused, I was thinking unofficial score report will suffice for now..?

Correct, per the above bolded text, your thinking is right. Unofficial is sufficient.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi all
Firstly my congratulations to all those have made it and my best wishes to the ones who are applying. Being a fellow applicant myself, I have a couple of doubts. It would be great if other applicants/admits could share their insight on this
1. Are we required to upload the scanned copy of the University Degree or not ? If yes could you please specify the exact location in the application, where it is to be uploaded.
2. Are we supposed to submit transcript (12th Class marksheet , CBSE Board India) for high school anywhere ? And being an Indian applicant, am I required to write my 10th Class Marks as well.
I know that these questions are bit generic in nature, but any and all help shall be appreciated. Thanks in advance and all the very best to all!
Regards
S.P.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all, first time poster, long time reader here hoping for some feedback from the forum...

I'm a Round 1 applicant who received a "Further Consideration" and am interested in thoughts on potential opportunities for me to provide details to the admissions committee on some achievements I've had since submitting my Rd 1 application back in September.

Essentially I have three primary items that I feel would further support my application, and of course hopefully an interview in the Round 2 process. They are as follows:

1) I began a new role at my company in late summer, so although I was able to highlight my responsibilities in the application I did not yet have any accomplishments to note. I have since delivered tangible and quantifiable results from strategy development (and related organizational alignment) to leading a variety of projects that protected revenue loss for my company and increased customer cash flow.

2) As a result of my leadership role in one of these projects I received a significant leadership award from my company (that I most certainly would have included in the application).

3) I have joined the strategic planning organization at a local non-profit organization where I am taking part in long-term planning processes/projects and specifically joining a committee where I may leverage my professional experience/background to identify and drive specific operational objectives for the organization.

I am considering a follow up email to Dana Scalisi to at least provide this brief information and inquire as to the possibility of it being considered by the admissions committee when reviewing my previously submitted application with the Round 2 submissions. There is no guidance on this matter in the email sent to Further Consideration candidates (or on the HBS website), also not any related feedback in this forum or elsewhere (that I was able to find at least), hence this posting.

Any feedback from the readers of this forum would be appreciated. I figure it can't hurt to ask but unfortunately am thinking that it is very low likelihood. For any matter, any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
MBAApps wrote:
Hi all, first time poster, long time reader here hoping for some feedback from the forum...

I'm a Round 1 applicant who received a "Further Consideration" and am interested in thoughts on potential opportunities for me to provide details to the admissions committee on some achievements I've had since submitting my Rd 1 application back in September.

Essentially I have three primary items that I feel would further support my application, and of course hopefully an interview in the Round 2 process. They are as follows:

1) I began a new role at my company in late summer, so although I was able to highlight my responsibilities in the application I did not yet have any accomplishments to note. I have since delivered tangible and quantifiable results from strategy development (and related organizational alignment) to leading a variety of projects that protected revenue loss for my company and increased customer cash flow.

2) As a result of my leadership role in one of these projects I received a significant leadership award from my company (that I most certainly would have included in the application).

3) I have joined the strategic planning organization at a local non-profit organization where I am taking part in long-term planning processes/projects and specifically joining a committee where I may leverage my professional experience/background to identify and drive specific operational objectives for the organization.

I am considering a follow up email to Dana Scalisi to at least provide this brief information and inquire as to the possibility of it being considered by the admissions committee when reviewing my previously submitted application with the Round 2 submissions. There is no guidance on this matter in the email sent to Further Consideration candidates (or on the HBS website), also not any related feedback in this forum or elsewhere (that I was able to find at least), hence this posting.

Any feedback from the readers of this forum would be appreciated. I figure it can't hurt to ask but unfortunately am thinking that it is very low likelihood. For any matter, any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hey MBAApps -

I was also FC-ed from HBS in R1, and I've debated my situation with my admissions consultant aggressively so figured I share what he told me: since the FC status letter specifically says "don't send us anything further", and HBS is notorious about not having to listen to anyone they can ignore, sending them more information has very limited upside potential, and is more inclined to piss them off, even for the three things you've listed.

I would say the way to think about whether to send in anything or not is whether it materially changes your application strength, and if it does, does it make you so much more competitive that you need to jump up and down, asking for extra attention (just a hyperbole of what it feels to AdCom that you're sending an update). If you think the answer is yes, might warrant an update. I went through my case (where I got a promotion, am now the team leader of one of the most important things at my company, and have been asked to relocate to the West Coast to lead another project), and decided against updating and just let things play out as they tend to do.

Would love to hear other people's thoughts on this matter - I think there are a few of FC-ed R1s out there.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Another Rd 1 FCer here. I agree with NYCdweller. HBS basically said 'don't call us, we'll call you.' So unless your updates are incredibly huge, I think there's more of a downside.

Any other FCs here?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
MBAApps wrote:

Thanks!!

nycdweller wrote:
Hey MBAApps -

I was also FC-ed from HBS in R1, and I've debated my situation with my admissions consultant aggressively so figured I share what he told me: since the FC status letter specifically says "don't send us anything further", and HBS is notorious about not having to listen to anyone they can ignore, sending them more information has very limited upside potential, and is more inclined to piss them off, even for the three things you've listed.

I would say the way to think about whether to send in anything or not is whether it materially changes your application strength, and if it does, does it make you so much more competitive that you need to jump up and down, asking for extra attention (just a hyperbole of what it feels to AdCom that you're sending an update). If you think the answer is yes, might warrant an update. I went through my case (where I got a promotion, am now the team leader of one of the most important things at my company, and have been asked to relocate to the West Coast to lead another project), and decided against updating and just let things play out as they tend to do.

Would love to hear other people's thoughts on this matter - I think there are a few of FC-ed R1s out there.

DefyingGravity wrote:
Another Rd 1 FCer here. I agree with NYCdweller. HBS basically said 'don't call us, we'll call you.' So unless your updates are incredibly huge, I think there's more of a downside.

Any other FCs here?

Posted from my mobile device

I strongly suggest that you continue your discussions under the Harvard Waitlist Thread here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/harvard-hbs-c ... 64752.html

Apart from sharing strategies, you can also share ideas that will not end up buried by other discussions that might arise from R2 applicants as the deadline looms.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Under the employment portion of the application, Harvard asks "how does pursuing an MBA support your post MBA professional plans?" What is the approach here? Should you make it more general and take the "why MBA" approach or more specific and take the "why Harvard" approach. I'm a bit torn on what they are looking for. Any insight is appreciated.

Less than a week!!!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Expert Reply
Physics wrote:
Under the employment portion of the application, Harvard asks "how does pursuing an MBA support your post MBA professional plans?" What is the approach here? Should you make it more general and take the "why MBA" approach or more specific and take the "why Harvard" approach. I'm a bit torn on what they are looking for. Any insight is appreciated.

Less than a week!!!

Physics,

Both. Your response to Why MBA? should be something that HBS can match. Show fit.

For more, please see the webinar I presented on HBS admissions. I went into this question a little more there.

Regards,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all
Firstly my congratulations to all those have made it and my best wishes to the ones who are applying. Being a fellow applicant myself, I have a couple of doubts. It would be great if other applicants/admits could share their insight on this
1. Are we required to upload the scanned copy of the University Degree or not ? If yes could you please specify the exact location in the application, where it is to be uploaded.
2. Are we supposed to submit transcript (12th Class marksheet , CBSE Board India) for high school anywhere ? And being an Indian applicant, am I required to write my 10th Class Marks as well.
I know that these questions are bit generic in nature, but any and all help shall be appreciated. Thanks in advance and all the very best to all!

Please excuse me for re writing the same post, but with the deadline closing in, it would be really great if someone can throw some light on my query. Any help is truly appreciated :)
Regards
S.P.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Send PM
SP12 wrote:
Hi all

Please excuse me for re writing the same post, but with the deadline closing in, it would be really great if someone can throw some light on my query. Any help is truly appreciated :)
Regards
S.P.

Question 1: NO

Question 2: NO

Nowhere on the application did they mention anything specifically for Indians.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
knightofdelta wrote:
SP12 wrote:
Hi all

Regards
S.P.

Question 1: NO

Question 2: NO

Nowhere on the application did they mention anything specifically for Indians.

Thanks a lot for the help. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Kudos
I'm drinking Jack Daniels and writing this HBS essay. Sh*t is real right now.

This essay is almost as bad as the Stanford "What Matters" essay. I'm on my gazillionth draft....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: To Round Two Applicants - It’s Snowing!!
Greetings from snowy Boston. We hope we’ve already made the case that HBS is an exciting place to be and we’ve got the weather drama to support that claim.

We’ve all had a nice holiday break and were looking forward to being on-hand to help with last-minute  questions as we head toward the Monday, January 6 Round 2 deadline.

That was the plan. But there’s a big snowstorm here and we’re not likely to be in the office at 9am tomorrow due to travel conditions and instructions from the City of Boston and Harvard University to wait for the roads to be able to be cleared.

This is what’s going to happen:

• Delayed opening of the Admissions Office
      • We’ll be in the office answering the phone lines from 1-5pm ET tomorrow
    • Weekend phone coverage - as previously announced - will be on Saturday, January 4 from 10am-2pm ET and Sunday, January 5 from 3pm-7pm ET
    • Email coverage - we’ll be responding to email during normal business hours tomorrow and over the weekend

• General application questions should be directed to admissions@hbs.edu
      • Technical support questions should be directed to slatesupport@hbs.edu
      • PLEASE consult our FAQs before submitting a question – we’ve done our best to anticipate your needs

We’re on this.  And we’ll do our very best to minimize your stress and calm your nerves. Deep breath.

Warmly (ha),

Dee
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  55   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts