Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Which school should I attend? Please read before voting!

You may select 1 option
Tags:
HEC Parisx   IMDx   INSEADx   
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GRE 1: Q162 V161
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: HEC vs INSEAD vs IMD (need urgent help!) [#permalink]
INSEAD is definitely the school to go, especially if you are not completely focused on France. In Europe there are two top choices - fully acknowledged by most of the recruiters/HR - INSEAD and LBS. LBS is usually considered for finance and INSEAD for consulting and corporate - thus, it would also perfectly suit your interest in corporate post-MBA positions. In France, though, also HEC provides you with great job offers. Outside of France INSEAD is much stronger.

Nevertheless, I would definitely go with INSEAD - it will for sure pay off in a couple of years. With January intake option you even have the chance for an internship during summer - which could help you in any direction.

Think of 33.000 € vs the rest of your life (at least working life). I would ask HEC for an extension of the decision deadline - they for sure will agree on that. And then the 25.000 € difference is def. worth it. Then use the four months by conducting some travels, pre-MBA internship, or preparation.

For me the choice would be clear - I hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GRE 1: Q162 V161
Send PM
lpsollero wrote:

Thanks!

But just to be clear, as this seems like a very strong position: you think that even with the extra 25,000 Euros tuition cost, plus a lost deposit of 8,000 Euros (total extra cost of 33,000 Euros), plus the 4 months difference on the start of the program (remember, I'm not working), INSEAD is still a better choice than HEC?

---------

Can anyone comment on the career perspectives in Europe for a non-European HEC grad vs INSEAD grad?

Many thanks!

Yeah! Absolutely! The quality of education and the prestige of going to Insead itself is worth the extra 33k in my mind. As far as 4 months of not working is concerned, in the long run it's nothing. Moreover, what if it takes you 4 extra months to get a job post MBA at HEC.? Or even worse, what if you don't get your desired job? Well, this could happen even at Insead . However, given that the career prospects after an Insead MBA is much stronger , the odds for success are much higher at Insead. If u end up getting 4 extra months, pack your bags and travel to a continent you have never been to. This is your only chance! You can make all the money you want later ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '17 (M$)
Send PM
Yeh Insead is worth the wait - in the meantime you could try and find a pre-mba internship or look at intensive language courses - both will massively help out with recruitment post.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts