Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Re: Help on researching schools [#permalink]
Expert Reply
dtn528 wrote:
Hi All,

I'm still pretty new to this forum and I'm in the process of applying for b-school for the 2016-2017 cycle. One thing that I've read up on is school visits/talking to current students & alumni. I understand that this is valuable information on getting to know the school, classes, culture, clubs, etc. that would help me make a decision on which schools fit best and will also shape how I write my essays to show fit. The question I had was regarding how to go about this. I currently live in CA and plan on doing school visits, but am unable to visit the east coast schools I'm applying to.

1. How do I go about emailing/talking to current students and alumni to gather more information? Some schools have student profiles and emails. Should I just randomly email these students to get their thoughts?

2. When visiting schools, what is the protocol on introducing myself, attire to wear, and how to make the most of school visit?

Thanks in advance for all your input guys!

Hi,

1. As a first step you can write to student connect emails/ submit forms and take the b-school administration's help in connecting you to people with similar profiles as yours.
2. You should also visit cub webpages (say Finance, PE/VC and others if you are interested in a finance career) and reach out to people mentioned there. There email ids would mostly be published. This is a great way to reach out to a targeted set of people.
3.You can look at Linked in profiles of students and again reach out to the ones who can share relevant information with you.
4. Writing randomly to students may still help in that they connect you with the right people, but it's a ineffective way to use your time and their's, so try the earlier three options first.
5. You can also connect over student blogs, specially if you like what the student has written and want to talk more about it.
Here's more information on the various ways to contact the b-schools
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Help on researching schools [#permalink]