Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:INSEAD
 Q48  V37
WE 1: Manufacturing - Toys
WE 2: Education Services
WE 3: Media & Event Planning
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi guys, i got the mail this morning! My coordinator is IR.

Good luck to you all!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Une wrote:
Hi,

I applied in R2 as well.

@jay4den, mk42, alexpiers, Finjan, who did you get the email from? who was your Admission Officer? It seems at least mine (AN) is on leave until July 30th.

Thanks

Hi,
my coordinator is also AN. How do you know she's on leave until July 30th? I guess (and hope!) that we will still get the interview notification by July 27th, right?
Where are you based? I'm trying to figure out whether coordinators are in charge of a specific zone.
Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
vrindasingh wrote:
To everyone prepping for interviews,
I'm a 13D admit and both my interviews were a lot of fun...
The first one was a little nerve-racking because the interviewer kept this mask-like face on (details earlier on the thread) but the second lasted 2.5 hours and I never realized it.
The interview is essentially to gauge your fit. If you've made it to the interview stage, then you're fine in terms of work-ex, essays, gmat etc etc. Now it's about how you can prove you're a fun person, a team-player, level-headed and 'human' and most of all, given the INSEAD values, how you can contribute to INSEAD (classroom, clubs etc).
Just be yourself. The interviewers are senior people, they know how to gauge people and they'll see through any pretensions in a jiffy.
Praveen's put together a fine list of questions, but as Deepak pointed out - look for the bouncer. The ClearAdmit Wiki has some good leads as well...
Happy to help with any further questions
Cheers!
V

Thanks for this post vrindasingh . I just found the ClearAdmit page https://www.clearadmit.com/wiki/index.php?title=InseadInterview and I will be spending some time there. Got my interviewers details and now this whole process is getting real.

In the email I got , there was a comment that "Upon receipt of your interview reports, your file will be presented to the MBA Admissions Committee". Does this mean that the adcoms have not even seen our applications at this point and that a good interview is not a guarantee for admission?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
vrindasingh wrote:
Well I'm not AdCom so take my reply with a pinch of salt - but what they mean most likely is that the AdCom post the interview will compare the 'paper you' (from your app) and the 'real you' (from interviewer feedback) and then take a call on the admission if you come out true-blue.
They would have obviously seen your file earlier in order to shortlist you, but this round could be different people or different questions scanning both sets of reports.
This is also the stage at which 'class diversity' plays an important part. For example, I've spent 3.5 years in consulting and INSEAD is a very consulting heavy school. So I was told by my interviewer at the end of my first interview that 'I think your values and those of INSEAD are generally aligned but now it remains to be seen how you can differentiate yourself from the huge consulting applicant pool'. Another example is that INSEAD usually limits students from any one nationality to 10% of the total class size in order to maintain the international diversity. This means that Indians and Chinese face tougher competition. Again, this is where they would weed out some candidates.
I'm 24, Indian, with 710 GMAT and consulting - those things may have worked against me because they're not strong differentiators (age is in fact much lower than the average 29).
But what probably worked for me is that I'm a woman (sorry guys!) and that I really passionately wanted to go to INSEAD because I like the school and what it stands for.
I don't think you should worry too much about how they are going to perceive you - stick true to your value system, and what you can do for INSEAD. It'll all work out for the best.

Got it...thanks for your response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
are there any R2 applicants invited to interview whose coordinator is SH?..pls let me know when you recd your invite and do share your profile, geography etc..thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey Guys,

Has anyone received an interview invite from VM?

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 248 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT Date: 05-31-2012
Send PM

Originally posted by morya003 on 17 Jul 2012, 06:22.
Last edited by morya003 on 09 Aug 2012, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Still waiting to hear - I applied 2 days before the Round 2 deadline. Do the interview invites usually get sent over a few days?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
williamo wrote:
Got interview invite few days back, no details regarding interview yet. Male, 28, Indonesian, working in middle east, energy. admin: JS.

Which country/company?

I am based in UAE/Oil and gas services industry!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PhD/healthcare consultant in the US
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jay4den wrote:
vrindasingh wrote:
Well I'm not AdCom so take my reply with a pinch of salt - but what they mean most likely is that the AdCom post the interview will compare the 'paper you' (from your app) and the 'real you' (from interviewer feedback) and then take a call on the admission if you come out true-blue.
They would have obviously seen your file earlier in order to shortlist you, but this round could be different people or different questions scanning both sets of reports.
This is also the stage at which 'class diversity' plays an important part. For example, I've spent 3.5 years in consulting and INSEAD is a very consulting heavy school. So I was told by my interviewer at the end of my first interview that 'I think your values and those of INSEAD are generally aligned but now it remains to be seen how you can differentiate yourself from the huge consulting applicant pool'. Another example is that INSEAD usually limits students from any one nationality to 10% of the total class size in order to maintain the international diversity. This means that Indians and Chinese face tougher competition. Again, this is where they would weed out some candidates.
I'm 24, Indian, with 710 GMAT and consulting - those things may have worked against me because they're not strong differentiators (age is in fact much lower than the average 29).
But what probably worked for me is that I'm a woman (sorry guys!) and that I really passionately wanted to go to INSEAD because I like the school and what it stands for.
I don't think you should worry too much about how they are going to perceive you - stick true to your value system, and what you can do for INSEAD. It'll all work out for the best.

Got it...thanks for your response.

Hi All - I don't want to make your over prepare or anxious but I applied to Sept 12 intake in R3 and thanks to the negative review by one my Interviewer I was wait listed and then rejected. When I put myself in the place of the Interviewer I find it hard to disconnect personal bias/likeability from the profile of the interviewee and this fact was confirmed by interviewer, in his/her own words, when I called to get feedback post rejection. I was told that even though I may believe my story it didn't come across as believable - I find that so hard to believe and so subjective. The interview is not to sell our story it should be a personal display that is in sync with what your paper application says.

Any ways, nothing I say can change the decision but here's my head's up for all of you who are preparing, especially the ones in India because the bias here seems more personal. I don't know how you can avoid it but be aware of it and improvise in the interview.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anyone based in India w/ an iv invite (R2) , if so who is your coordinator??
Based on R1 posts, indian applicants under S Hanny got notified closer to the deadline date..hoping thats the case evn now! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Seems like only a tiny fraction of people got early interview invites. It's been quiet here the past week. What to make of it??
Intern
Intern
Send PM

Originally posted by morya003 on 20 Jul 2012, 03:55.
Last edited by morya003 on 09 Aug 2012, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM

Originally posted by morya003 on 20 Jul 2012, 05:51.
Last edited by morya003 on 09 Aug 2012, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
JAN2013insead wrote:
- Lets say the total number of students at INSEAD in a particular year is 1000.
- 500 will be filled in the September intake.
- That leaves 500 for the January intake.
- About 200 will be filled in round 1 and a 100 in round 3.
- That leaves 200 seats for Round 2
- Now, INSEAD would probably invite about 350 to 400 students assuming a 50% yield. So there are about 400 invites that will go out in Round 2
- If 10%-15% of these people are members of this forum, we can expect around 30 invites to show up here. (A number confirmed from last years threads)
- Leaving out the early invites, I guess there are about 20 more invites that will show up here = HOPE

Yes, there is still HOPE!!

You should be a management consultant lol.. Good job.

There is still time and the game is only over after the deadline. Everybody has an equal chance of being invited to the interview any date before/on the deadline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM

Originally posted by morya003 on 20 Jul 2012, 11:12.
Last edited by morya003 on 09 Aug 2012, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts