Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V33
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
royaron wrote:
BorrisBlade04 wrote:
Hello fellow waiters...and jmerheb :)
Any movement on the List ?

Thanks
BB04

Nothing here. I was sure we will get some news after the second payment last week.
Honestly, I'm not very optimistic, 536 admitted and paid students is a lot.

yeap I also have the same feeling. I hate to feel pessimistic but I think we can say It's game over. On the other hand why would they bother sending an email stressing that you would have to be absolutely certain that you would be able to cover all fees and expenses, etc? INSEAD adcom's really puzzles me...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
raac82 wrote:
royaron wrote:
BorrisBlade04 wrote:
Hello fellow waiters...and jmerheb :)
Any movement on the List ?

Thanks
BB04

Nothing here. I was sure we will get some news after the second payment last week.
Honestly, I'm not very optimistic, 536 admitted and paid students is a lot.

yeap I also have the same feeling. I hate to feel pessimistic but I think we can say It's game over. On the other hand why would they bother sending an email stressing that you would have to be absolutely certain that you would be able to cover all fees and expenses, etc? INSEAD adcom's really puzzles me...

In my opinion, at this point, those of us on the waitlist are just waiting for people to drop out because of some exceptional circumstances.
And how many do you realistically expect to drop out after paying more than 40,000 EUROS (1st and 2nd payment)?

Whilst anything can happen, and there might still be a 1% chance that somebody might get through, then I'm already putting my focus on other schools and would advise others to do the same too. The email sent to us is just to provide a semblance of hope to keep candidates interested, so that they can tap on some of us to fill in the last minute gaps and maximise their profits. It might not seem like the most responsible thing to do, but at the end of the day, its part of business, and we should expect nothing less from a business school! :wink: Furthermore, we all know what we're in for, and nobody's forcing us to stay on the waitlist, so we can't complain. :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck on other schools. I agree that it is safe to say it's game over. They offered to about 560 candidates and waitlisted more than 10 candidates, when they are comfortable with 536 (or even less). If they are ready for a larger class size, they would surely have informed us by now.

The application is a tough journey but I do appreciate the experience. All my hopes are not gone, but I am cetainly focusing on other things. Good luck to all.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: LBS '14 (S)
Send PM
Hi folks,
any updates from waitlisters? Could someone please let me know the number of accepted North Americans (Americans, Canadians)? Thanks :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
just got a "INSEAD Waitlist final update" mail from INSEAD saying that they can't offer a seat in Jan'13 batch...However, it also says "Rest assured that if you are still interested in the INSEAD MBA Programme, we would be happy to review an updated application from you for a future class". Further, in the guidance section below, they have also mentioned that if we re-apply within 6 months of the first application date, we need to fill only the Profile section and Essay 7 of the online application form (no other sections required. If prompted to fill in other sections, write “Not Applicable”).

Has anyone else received such a mail ?
In case I want to re-apply, what's more advisable - to apply in round 3 of Sep'13 intake or to apply in round 1 of Jan'14 intake ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V33
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
vishalinfo wrote:
just got a "INSEAD Waitlist final update" mail from INSEAD saying that they can't offer a seat in Jan'13 batch...However, it also says "Rest assured that if you are still interested in the INSEAD MBA Programme, we would be happy to review an updated application from you for a future class". Further, in the guidance section below, they have also mentioned that if we re-apply within 6 months of the first application date, we need to fill only the Profile section and Essay 7 of the online application form (no other sections required. If prompted to fill in other sections, write “Not Applicable”).

Has anyone else received such a mail ?
In case I want to re-apply, what's more advisable - to apply in round 3 of Sep'13 intake or to apply in round 1 of Jan'14 intake ?

Got the same mail. It would probably be a better idea to apply in R1 for 2014 in terms of probability. Try during this time to strengthen any weakness you might have. Also note, that your six months from the submission of the application have gone by, and you will have to resubmit everything. This really sucks, since they require two recommendations from two new people. Anyway, best of luck to you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Invited for interview, R2 applicant!
I got dinged by my R1 schools (well, wait-listed by Kellogg), so this is the best news for me! Good luck to every one (I'll need some too!)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All INSEAD Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All INSEAD Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All INSEAD Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated INSEAD Forum to dive into all things related to INSEAD's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts