Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2015 Intake (Class of December 2015) [#permalink]
AkshatatINSEAD wrote:
brobeedle wrote:
Thanks for your replies domrep and akshat! I am definitely applying, and in round 1. my re-take is set for April 10th. I have a question: should I email the adcom and tell them that i am planning to re-take the gmat on the 10th? or wait till the official interview notification deadline of the 25th? problem is that letting them of know of my intention to re-take might be a double edged sword. What if they were ok with the 640 and were going to call me anyway, but then I told them that i've got a re-take planned, so they decide to wait till my retake?

Sorry if this sounds confusing!

Assuming that you have already "reported" (or will report by the R-1 deadline) your GMAT score to INSEAD there can be two cases:-

1. You take the GMAT, get a lower/equal score and do not tell the admissions committee. You are not better off in any way.

2. You take the GMAT, get a higher score and then tell the admissions committee about your higher score. Now, the admissions committee has a reason to believe that you had every intent to game the process by doing what I stated in 1. So, despite getting a higher score, you might actually hurt your chances.

I do not think that the admissions committee will penalise you in any way if you are forthcoming with them.
I hope I am making sense :)

Hey Akshat,

yest hat does make sense :) thank you very much for your prompt response!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
sledgefox wrote:
shimarstar wrote:
Hey guys quick question: do we places our responses to the Job Essays, in the provided boxes of the downloadable Job Description PDF or separately?

Have any of you been able to upload your essays?
When saved on my comp, the PDF says "you cannot save data on this form". Any one successfully completed this yet?

I am facing the same problem. When I enter the essays into the pdf, it does not save them. Any luck, anybody else?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
boblives84 wrote:
sledgefox wrote:
shimarstar wrote:
Hey guys quick question: do we places our responses to the Job Essays, in the provided boxes of the downloadable Job Description PDF or separately?

When saved on my comp, the PDF says "you cannot save data on this form". Any one successfully completed this yet?

I am facing the same problem. When I enter the essays into the pdf, it does not save them. Any luck, anybody else?

I'm able to upload my essays but the word counter below each essay box doesn't work - don't know if I should be worried about that or not?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
One more question - where on the app/in the essays can I mention that I have a Singapore PR? I want it to get noticed because it makes it a lot easier to get a job in Singapore. Any suggestions, anyone?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys quick question: do we places our responses to the Job Essays, in the provided boxes of the downloadable Job Description PDF or separately?[/quote]
When saved on my comp, the PDF says "you cannot save data on this form". Any one successfully completed this yet?[/quote]

I am facing the same problem. When I enter the essays into the pdf, it does not save them. Any luck, anybody else?[/quote]

I'm able to upload my essays but the word counter below each essay box doesn't work - don't know if I should be worried about that or not?[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. One quick question- since you can't save the pdf for the essays, when you type in and then close the file, and re-open, is all your content already in there?
I seem to be able to enter the info, and then when I close the pdf file and re-open, it opens as a blank pdf again. Beginning to freak me out a bit now!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
boblives84 wrote:

When saved on my comp, the PDF says "you cannot save data on this form". Any one successfully completed this yet?[/quote]

I am facing the same problem. When I enter the essays into the pdf, it does not save them. Any luck, anybody else?[/quote]

I'm able to upload my essays but the word counter below each essay box doesn't work - don't know if I should be worried about that or not?[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. One quick question- since you can't save the pdf for the essays, when you type in and then close the file, and re-open, is all your content already in there?
I seem to be able to enter the info, and then when I close the pdf file and re-open, it opens as a blank pdf again. Beginning to freak me out a bit now![/quote]

Download the PDF from the INSEAD iApply form, fill it in, save the PDF, and then upload it back to the iApply platform. Once it's uploaded try and open the file and see if your words are there. Make sure that you enter the essays in the PDF itself, and not save the PDF as a word file while downloading
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:
One more question - where on the app/in the essays can I mention that I have a Singapore PR? I want it to get noticed because it makes it a lot easier to get a job in Singapore. Any suggestions, anyone?

In the first page of you application you can select the starting campus preference.
I'm not 100% but I think you cannot spend the whole MBA at the Singapore campus. Roughly 500 start the program per intake: 300 in France and 200 in Asia. 80% spends time in both campuses (400), therefore 200 from France and the 200 from Asia must have switched campus in a given intake. I believe you can bid to make the campus switch for P3-P5 or for P4-P5 periods. The summer internship happens between P3 and P4 for the January intake. When you talk about your short and long term career goals besides mentioning, job function, industry, etc, you can say where you see yourself working post-mba.
Cheers,
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
boblives84 wrote:
I seem to be able to enter the info, and then when I close the pdf file and re-open, it opens as a blank pdf again. Beginning to freak me out a bit now!

I am able to edit the PDFs and save them. I'm using Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.06. You can download it here https://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=JZEFU
Check system requirements though...
Cheers,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
PlastMan wrote:
I am able to edit the PDFs and save them. I'm using Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.06. You can download it here https://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=JZEFU
Cheers,

The same, I was working on Mac using the Preview application, but it wouldn't save properly or update the word count.

The best option, as PlastMan mentioned, is to download Adobe Reader 11 (free) whether its Mac or Windows. And use it to for a final PDF copy of essays to be uploaded to the application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ziceg wrote:
PlastMan wrote:
Cheers,

The same, I was working on Mac using the Preview application, but it wouldn't save properly or update the word count.

The best option, as PlastMan mentioned, is to download Adobe Reader 11 (free) whether its Mac or Windows. And use it to for a final PDF copy of essays to be uploaded to the application.

For some reason, I still can't seem to save a copy, even after downloading the version you guys mentioned (apparently the downloaded pdf should have an "extended" functionality, which mine doesn't seem to exhibit). Have written to INSEAD now, let's see what they say.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
boblives84 wrote:
For some reason, I still can't seem to save a copy, even after downloading the version you guys mentioned (apparently the downloaded pdf should have an "extended" functionality, which mine doesn't seem to exhibit). Have written to INSEAD now, let's see what they say.

Boblives84, try this thing, once you have downloaded Adobe Reader 11, download the fresh(empty) pdf essay templates off INSEAD Application again, and open them with Adobe Reader 11, now copy and paste your essay text from old versions to new ones and save it, the word count should now be updated properly as well.

It worked for me, the reason was that existing essay pdfs functionality gets written off once tried to save it with some other software such as Preview for mac.

Hope it helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
unable to login to my online application via iApply - anyone else facing this problem? need to submit soon!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, International Business
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
good luck to round 1 applicants! still working on my application, round 2 for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:
unable to login to my online application via iApply - anyone else facing this problem? need to submit soon!

Hi Brobeedle, the same for me. I see the following message "Thank you for your interest in INSEAD Programmes. In order to apply, please complete the form below. We look forward to receiving your application!" and nothing else... :( Have no idea what's happened
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ziceg wrote:
boblives84 wrote:

Boblives84, try this thing, once you have downloaded Adobe Reader 11, download the fresh(empty) pdf essay templates off INSEAD Application again, and open them with Adobe Reader 11, now copy and paste your essay text from old versions to new ones and save it, the word count should now be updated properly as well.

It worked for me, the reason was that existing essay pdfs functionality gets written off once tried to save it with some other software such as Preview for mac.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Ziceg. After spending close to 5 hours yesterday with the IT support team at INSEAD, I finally have this resolved. Imagine the conversation between an Indian and a French national talking about all things IT :)
And yes, the iApply was down last night, and is now up again! Time to submit! All the best to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quick question- there is no place in the application where we need to upload our CV/resume, is there?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT Date: 04-30-2014
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Have any of you guys submitted any additional recommendations or documents?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts