Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:46 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD, LBS, CBS, NYU
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink]
FatRiverPuff wrote:
I know a few admits got an extension until April 6th for their deposits (because they're considering other schools), so maybe they'll update the list then?

Yeah, it seems really really stuck today...However, even if the yield is 85%, there would be around 30 people dropping out. In MBA Connect, there are many people with full profile (photo, job, history of parents & brothers & pets :P ) but there are also some with near-empty profiles (no photo, minimal info). That´s not how you act when you really want a school, so we should see some movement.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
now that's kind of depressing... 463!! i wonder how many applied in round 3 ...
if i ever make it to fonty, balky7 i am going to buy you as much beer as you may care to drink and give you one big hug... please keep an eye on that list and give us regular updates... thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
if i ever make it to fonty, balky7 i am going to buy you as much beer as you may care to drink and give you one big hug... please keep an eye on that list and give us regular updates... thanks

the 463 figure anyway was referred as J13 which shouldn't be the case for us, right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
acax wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

the 463 figure anyway was referred as J13 which shouldn't be the case for us, right?

I seem to remember INSEAD refers usually to the graduation date. Doesn't J13 stand for July 2013, which would correspond to our Sept 12 intake. Anyhow, it wouldn't make sense for the Jan 13 intake to have already that many admits: nobody would enter in R2 and R3.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
coinpan wrote:
acax wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

I seem to remember INSEAD refers usually to the graduation date. Doesn't J13 stand for July 2013, which would correspond to our Sept 12 intake. Anyhow, it wouldn't make sense for the Jan 13 intake to have already that many admits: nobody would enter in R2 and R3.

right, i got confused thinking it was referred to january 2013 for the january intake of 2012...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This waiting is so depressing... Does 450+ admits mean it is over..especially when I belong to a overly represented Indian pool.. If so I rather accept it and move on... because if I check previous posts it seems they always called some waitlist a week after fee deposition date. And I guess none have been called amongst us. I wonder how many of us are waitlisted? 
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi PKumar,

I wouldn't give up already - I would assume that yield ratio is pretty high this year, but I believe we would still see a decrease of a couple of dozens here.

My best estimation is that some of us would hear from them this Friday or next Wednesday (according to historical threads, those seems to be the "hot" days in the week).

I assume that chances of getting in after such movement decrease significantly, and are practically arbitrary, because the class is almost full and the potential for people who decline the offer will decrease.

Bottom line, I would be patient for another week, and then reevaluate my next steps..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
eBay :)

Fingers crossed for all of us... Let's hope for best for this week!!

ebay wrote:
Hi PKumar,

I wouldn't give up already - I would assume that yield ratio is pretty high this year, but I believe we would still see a decrease of a couple of dozens here.

My best estimation is that some of us would hear from them this Friday or next Wednesday (according to historical threads, those seems to be the "hot" days in the week).

I assume that chances of getting in after such movement decrease significantly, and are practically arbitrary, because the class is almost full and the potential for people who decline the offer will decrease.

Bottom line, I would be patient for another week, and then reevaluate my next steps..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Anyone on the waitlist who has yet to complete the foreign language requirement? Not sure if I'm ready to put in the time and money for this without knowing I'm in, but the June 1st deadline is approaching.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I really doubt this number. Those who did not give detail may have a higher chance to drop out, am I right? Some current students, used to be on the waiting list, say they sent nothing to AdCom after final decision. So it looks like jumping off the waitlist is a pure process of managing diversity.

INSEAD does want to increase female students ratio. SO if you are a girl, there should be a higher chance to jump off the list. Unfortunately, I am not.

PKumar8 wrote:
This waiting is so depressing... Does 450+ admits mean it is over..especially when I belong to a overly represented Indian pool.. If so I rather accept it and move on... because if I check previous posts it seems they always called some waitlist a week after fee deposition date. And I guess none have been called amongst us. I wonder how many of us are waitlisted? 
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Can someone share with the the updated number in MBAconnect?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
ebay wrote:
Hi,

Can someone share with the the updated number in MBAconnect?

Thanks

Intern
Intern
Send PM
brahms00 wrote:

Thanks brahms00 - not very encouraging unfortunately, I thought the decrease would be a larger, at least by 30 people.

I don't know if it always like this or not, but to me it seems that this year's yield is exceptionally high. This is even more surprising considering that Europe is on a continuous crisis, and I thought people would be deterred by that (comparing to US schools)

The only thing that encourages me is that probably quite a few people go an extension for a couple of weeks.

Have a great weekend.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I visited this thread for the last time. I wonder if it's not around the end of Apr. when W/Lers get off. According to the previous years' thread, there has not been many offs at around the end of Mar. And I guess we have not to forget that the school seems to be trying to increase the size of the class. Let's just keep our hopes and wait. If there's no movement at the end of this month, then we will have to see what choice can we make.

And I wonder if you guys are updating anything. Recently, I have read thoroughly the mail I got and found out that they did not say not to contact them. Of course making them bothered can be a problem but I am thinking about actively updating my current status from now on.

Anyways, have a nice day and wish to share what kind of things can we update to INSEAD.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

Sorry to nudge, but can someone post the number admits?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Management of Technology/ General Management
Schools:Berkeley Haas, Stanford, MIT Sloan, INSEADw/$$
 Q48  V44
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Five years in hi-tech in sales/marketing roles
Send PM
ebay wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry to nudge, but can someone post the number admits?

Thanks

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
I think the WLed will hear something good around April 11. April 6 extension deadline would have passed and April 11 happens to be a wednesday. :D

It would be interesting to see the numbers around April 20. That's the last date for Round 3 interview invitations. I am sure the ad com would like to have the final numbers from Round 2 by then in order to decide how many they wish to interview Round 3.

@belyok - if you don't mind, what was the size and nature of your scholarship.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts