Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.47
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.47
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
no updates for me...still the same wl letter dated from march 23.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I've still got the December waitlist letter. No change or emails.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Just got an email - dinged. Oh well.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
WE:Marketing (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
I've still got the same letter as well. Doesn't seem that there has been much movement here today despite it being a "decision day."
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Same waitlist letter from December... If you applied R1 and got accepted off the waitlist here in late March let us know... I am curious if anyone did.

Hang in there team. They are going to let some people in from the waitlist.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
There is clearly not enough speculation going on here so allow me to fill that void :wink: From reading various Kellogg forums I've come to realize a few things:

1) Most people admitted off the WL in Jan-Apr are from the relatively small group of people who are asked for specific information (clarifying goals, etc.). These admits usually come at the first WL release day for each round. Based on this theory, we should hear of a couple of admits around Apr 16th.

2) The majority of decisions in Feb-Apr are dings for people in the R1 WL as the AdCom compares them with the R2 candidates.

3) A wave of admits will follow the R2 deposit deadline, which coincides with the second R2 WL release day - May 9th. The admit calls will be followed by the ding emails, just like the regular R1 and R2 decisions.

4) In June, a series of decisions - dings and admits - will come in the first half, followed by offers to join the summer waitlist towards the end of the month. This is followed by a bunch of admits in July and August.

These observations are from previous years and R1 of this year but the dynamic in R2 might be different because of the apparently larger-than-usual number of waitlisted candidates. Alright, time for bed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
healthcareguy wrote:
There is clearly not enough speculation going on here so allow me to fill that void :wink: From reading various Kellogg forums I've come to realize a few things:

1) Most people admitted off the WL in Jan-Apr are from the relatively small group of people who are asked for specific information (clarifying goals, etc.). These admits usually come at the first WL release day for each round. Based on this theory, we should hear of a couple of admits around Apr 16th.

2) The majority of decisions in Feb-Apr are dings for people in the R1 WL as the AdCom compares them with the R2 candidates.

3) A wave of admits will follow the R2 deposit deadline, which coincides with the second R2 WL release day - May 9th. The admit calls will be followed by the ding emails, just like the regular R1 and R2 decisions.

4) In June, a series of decisions - dings and admits - will come in the first half, followed by offers to join the summer waitlist towards the end of the month. This is followed by a bunch of admits in July and August.

These observations are from previous years and R1 of this year but the dynamic in R2 might be different because of the apparently larger-than-usual number of waitlisted candidates. Alright, time for bed.

I fully share your view on that people with additionnal queries on WL have a little bigger chance in the slim stream, obviously deposit dates will offer additionnal spots for waitlist review. Now, only thing is we just wait and see.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Health Care)
Send PM
The wait is getting longer and longer for R1 waitlist candidates!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So no one got in?
Anyone spoke to their waitlist manager since yesterday?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Has anyone seen the hbs blog regarding its waitlist???....148 students in the wl pool (r1 and r2) planning to offer admission to 25 to 50

Id lime kellogg to give away that kind of info...

Do you think kellogg numbers are similar to hbs???
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
In previous years, they have admitted between 30-60 people from the waitlist, so that number is close. According to Beth Flye, the number was around 60 or more in 2009 but less than 40 in 2007.
https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/content/may2009/bs20090518_920079_page_2.htm

As for the total number waitlisted, I did read on a BW forum (which I now cannot locate) where a Kellogg AdCom representative (Kristen) stated the 150 number for 2008 or 2009?

So, it looks like around 45 are admitted off the WL typically, and I'm not sure even 15 have been admitted yet this year, if the forums are anything to go by. Call me an eternal optimist, but my guess it there are lots more to come.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello fellow waitlisters... I've been following this thread but am now officially joining the discussion. I've also been waitlisted by Kellogg. Does anyone know how many of us are still waiting to hear back (from the members of this chat room) and how many have decided to drop out (either dinged or dropped out by choice)?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi All,
Did anyone succeed to reach his WL manager today?
I was given mine's contact, tried to call but the voicemail says she'll resume in office on 6th.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
cymin wrote:
Hi All,
I was given mine's contact, tried to call but the voicemail says she'll resume in office on 6th.

Cymin,

How do you get your WL contact's name? Did you just call the main number, explain you are on the wait list, and ask to speek to your contact?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Consulting2Finance wrote:
cymin wrote:
Hi All,

Cymin,

How do you get your WL contact's name? Did you just call the main number, explain you are on the wait list, and ask to speek to your contact?

i called the number on the letter (main line i think) and spoke to someone and explained i was on the wait list, who told me my manager's name and phone and transferred me. i got his voicemail so i left a message and haven't heard back yet (this all happened today).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I called the main line, gave my name and the reason for my call and was transferred to my WL manager. I was also given my WL manager's contact info (phone number and email) before being transferred. I left a vm for my WL manager and received a call back almost immediately. She said that there's nothing wrong with my application and that the school doesn't require any additional information at this point, although any updates are welcome. She said to submit the updates within this week, or latest by Monday next week for the updates to be considered. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sl1234 wrote:
I called the main line, gave my name and the reason for my call and was transferred to my WL manager. I was also given my WL manager's contact info (phone number and email) before being transferred. I left a vm for my WL manager and received a call back almost immediately. She said that there's nothing wrong with my application and that the school doesn't require any additional information at this point, although any updates are welcome. She said to submit the updates within this week, or latest by Monday next week for the updates to be considered. Hope this helps.

Thanks, can you share your bg?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  23