Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [2]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
I talked to my waitlist manager, we will only hear from Kellogg if we are in or out only tomorrow. They were not planning to make any calls yesterday or today... Goodluck to everyone for tomorrow.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Kellogg '11 (MMM)
 Q51  V42
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm
Send PM
Kudos
As a former waitlister who was accepted, good luck to all of you. I applied R1 3 years ago (has it really been that long?) and was waitlisted the day before the notification date. I was admitted along with the R2 applicants in mid-March.

Just be patient with the process. A waitlist means that you are good enough to make a meaningful contribution to life at Kellogg, but they just want to see how the R2 applicant pool looks before finalizing anything. Further if you have any meaningful updates to tell them, by all means let them know, but don't get in touch just for the sake of getting in touch.

Personally, I only sent one update in late February and that was because I'd been working on a new product for a consumer electronics company. In my application, I'd described my work but not with too much detail. When my company went public with the new product, I wrote to offer more information regarding my contribution.

Good luck to all of you with the process!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
scorpionz wrote:
Well, I've been trying to get in touch with my WL manager but to no avail..I called up several times over the past 15 days and also left a voicemail couple of times..I'm hesitant to call up any further, that would be just borderline stalking! Guess I just have to wait for a return call.. :evil:

If I were you, I would consider contacting another admissions committee member. You can find their contact info online. My waitlist manager never got back in contact with me and I was fortunate to speak with another admissions committee member who gave me great feedback.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Kudos
I just got admitted as well!! So excited!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Really? April or May? Really? Do they realize that my entire life is put on hold waiting for their decision? I can't make any long term plans not knowing where I'll be in Sept...

I mean, really?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
From what I know of last year and what I understand from this year, most of the decisions will be released on the date communicated by the school. In this case, most of us should be hearing on Feb 14th.

However, last year there were SOME instances where folks from the R1 waitlist were kept on the waitlist right until the R3 decision date..Needless to say they were not happy campers..

I think we needn't start yelling at Kellogg just now..Just a week to go now, so let's just be strong and hope for the best!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
chmatmar wrote:
mjaspirant wrote:
Hey guys,

I just got in. Received the email 4 hours back. Its awesome. Still can not believe it. Best email I ever got :)

This forum has been very helpful. I am an international applicant (India).

congrats! was it a standard email? or was it from your waitlist manager? could you tell us your stats? did you send in many updates?

congrats again, I hope to write a similar entry in this blog soon....fingers still crossed.

Thanks !! I got the email from my waitlist manager and my application status has also changed. I sent one update in mid January after the telephonic conference with my WL manager. She did acknowledge my update letter. My WL manager was very friendly, helpful and responsive. She encouraged me to send updates on my candidacy. Stats: 700/India/M/4.5 years/oil industry
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
HCF, thanks for putting this together, although as a small note I was WL R2. I was the first to report a WL since I got the email late at night while having trouble sleeping over my Booth waitlist earlier that day. FML.

But anyway: If I take your +20% assumption to account for under reported admits and also apply it to the BTG number you apply, that means there are roughly 180 admits so far between BTG and GC. Using last year's yield and a class size of 655, Kellogg admitted roughly 1100 students last year (the front page says 1112). Therefore BTG and GC admits represent roughly 16% of the admitted class so far (this may be high since some people likely post on both sites and would be double counted).

If we assume that BTG and GC combined represent 1/5 of acceptees (I think a fair assumption that may be higher since we are talking about people with good enough applications to get in and the two largest forums out there) that means we have roughly 900 acceptees so far. If Kellogg repeats its traditional yield of around 60% that leaves 115 spots for the class of 2014 (give or take). If we expect the yield on the waitlist to be higher, say 75% (which is north of Wharton's yield), that leaves roughly 150 more admits from the waitlist and R3. Again if we apply the 20% rule that means there are roughly 500 people on the waitlist plus R3 applicants for 150 spots. On its surface a 500 person waitlist seems way too high but we'll leave it for now.

That seems like fairly decent odds to be honest, even with what seems to be a very overstated waitlist number of 500. I honeslty have no idea how many apps come in for round 3 but given how many people typically get in from that round, it has to be de minimus. Even if we say there are 100 great aps from R3 that are as solid as the waitlisted R1 and R2 folks, we still have a 25% chance of getting in. In actuality the chance may be much higher.

And this is with me making assumptions that skew towards us not getting in. The only assumption that you could debate that hurts our chances is my assumption that 20% of applicants post on BTG and GC. However even if that is high, its likely at least partially counterbalanced by my other assumptions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
After the insanely ridiculous roller coaster that Kellogg has put us WLs through, I'm just glad to receive some closure at this point!

Chicago Booth, here I come!! :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
I'm officially dinged. Silly Kellogg!

That's just RIDICULOUS!!! Wouldn't it have been ironic if you did get in off the WL at this point. Doesn't matter anyways cause you're going to Tuck, Tuck, GOOSE! New Hampshire is the bestest place ever!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.89
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
The March 22 Waitlist message was there this AM and disappeared around 9:15 AM CST. It switched to the Your application is complete message, which is still there.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Long time lurker-- got a call yesterday and was accepted! Had been waitlisted in R2
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Thanks for starting this. Based on the FAQ it does not seem like they really expect us to send any updates and will send us potential updated decision by the end of Jan. Is that how it was last year?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
rgupta83 wrote:
Thanks for starting this. Based on the FAQ it does not seem like they really expect us to send any updates and will send us potential updated decision by the end of Jan. Is that how it was last year?

I was wondering about that as well. They expect to start handing out decisions by Jan. 24th, that's a little over a month from now.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Send PM
Yes, the process was almost identical last year. However, do note that the FAQs state that the majority of decisions would be out on the two dates. I distinctly remember a few folks from last year's waitlist thread who were on the R1 waitlist and did not get a decision even after R3! Needless to add, they were not happy campers. Hopefully none of us end up in a similar situation!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
If any of us are admitted, I'm holding a sweet waitlister party in Evanston...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
rgupta83 wrote:

Yep that's what it seems like...fingers crossed!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23