Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2013 - Admitted Students Class of 2015 [#permalink]
beehagit wrote:
whan311 wrote:
beehagit wrote:
I will definitely be at DAK. Arriving on Thursday evening and hoping to make the happy hour.

Are you planning to be there both days?

Ya, at this point I am pretty certain that I will be going with Kellogg over Booth so I would rather spend more time up in Evanston.

Can't go wrong either way :good . I'm just not sure if I'm making the best choice. Extremely torn but I will be at Booth on Friday and swing over on Saturday for Kellogg. There is virtually nothing going on for Booth on Sat.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
quote="whan311"

Some of the Kellogg R1'ers I met recommended that I visit Kellogg on Saturday if I was to split time. I believe the Saturday night event involves going out in Chicago. Sounds promising! :P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
beehagit wrote:
quote="whan311"

Some of the Kellogg R1'ers I met recommended that I visit Kellogg on Saturday if I was to split time. I believe the Saturday night event involves going out in Chicago. Sounds promising! :P

Too bad the Keg has been closed but count me in!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
beehagit wrote:
quote="whan311"

Do you know where they're taking us?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
pancaketown wrote:
beehagit wrote:
quote="whan311"

I asked and got the following information:
"We had a closing ceremony with dean blount on campus, then were bussed into the city for a reception (light food + open bar + dancing towards the end) held at this awesome industrial building. then bussed over to a bar for more shenanigans, and finally bussed back to evanston in the wee hours of the morn. pretty much, GO"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
beehagit wrote:

"We had a closing ceremony with dean blount on campus, then were bussed into the city for a reception (light food + open bar + dancing towards the end) held at this awesome industrial building. then bussed over to a bar for more shenanigans, and finally bussed back to evanston in the wee hours of the morn. pretty much, GO"

That sounds about right :drunk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
beehagit wrote:
pancaketown wrote:
beehagit wrote:
quote="whan311"

Open bar? Shoot, I can get on board for that!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.11
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hey, has anyone had someone from the Kellogg community reach out to them since getting the decision call? It's funny, the other schools I've gotten into have had numerous people (students, alumni), etc., reaching out and asking if I've had any questions about the program, etc., but it's been radio silence from the 2 schools I'm primarly interested in (Stern & Kellogg). Furthermore, I don't really see any way to seek out info from current students at Kellogg. I tried contacting people through the club pages, but it looks like you need a login to do that (and the login I use for the admitted students site doesn't work). I also tried emailing the academic contact they list on the site to ask a few questions, but I never heard back. I'm going to an admitted student event next week, and then I'm going to DAK, so I'm assuming I can get some info there, but it would be nice if I could get it earlier. Does anyone have any idea?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I am assuming you have got atleast one email from the person who called you regarding the decision? You can contact the same person and ask for more details or current students contact.

I am a 1Y admit, and we have a Facebook page. I am assuming there is a similar one for the 2Y admits.
Also, just yesterday I got an email from a current student who has been assigned my Kellogg Buddy! (some program which connects current students with incoming students).

You will definitely get more information and contacts at the event and at DAK.

dimmsdale wrote:
Hey, has anyone had someone from the Kellogg community reach out to them since getting the decision call? It's funny, the other schools I've gotten into have had numerous people (students, alumni), etc., reaching out and asking if I've had any questions about the program, etc., but it's been radio silence from the 2 schools I'm primarly interested in (Stern & Kellogg). Furthermore, I don't really see any way to seek out info from current students at Kellogg. I tried contacting people through the club pages, but it looks like you need a login to do that (and the login I use for the admitted students site doesn't work). I also tried emailing the academic contact they list on the site to ask a few questions, but I never heard back. I'm going to an admitted student event next week, and then I'm going to DAK, so I'm assuming I can get some info there, but it would be nice if I could get it earlier. Does anyone have any idea?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just got that generic 'Welcome to Kellogg' email from the admissions director. Regardless, at this point, might as well just wait to either hear from my K-Bud or ask my questions at the admitted students event.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i had an alumni from my area call me for UVA, but i, too, haven't gotten anything yet from NW.

there are a lot of 2nd years in the 2-year admitted students Facebook group who have been answering plenty of questions.

i don't seem to have trouble accessing the student clubs...i don't have to log in or anything. have you tried googling the club you're interested in? maybe it'll pull up the exact webpage and you can bypass the log in page you're encountering?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just to clarify, I can access the club sites fine, but when I go to the Contact tab and actually try and fill out a form I get asked for a login (and my admitted student login doesn't work). Whatever, it's not a huge deal, I generally try to avoid Facebook but it seems like that's where the action is so I'll join the group and see what I can glean from that.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dimmsdale wrote:
Just to clarify, I can access the club sites fine, but when I go to the Contact tab and actually try and fill out a form I get asked for a login (and my admitted student login doesn't work). Whatever, it's not a huge deal, I generally try to avoid Facebook but it seems like that's where the action is so I'll join the group and see what I can glean from that.

It appears the Net ID only has limited access. Either way, join FB.

I just got contacted by a first year today wanting to set up a time to talk. He is the assigned Kellogg Buddy, or K-bud. :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dimmsdale wrote:

I'm surprised that people haven't reached out to you yet, and hope they do soon! In the last week alone, my K-bud (a current Kellogg student) has reached out to me, as have two separate alumni in the area. They've all been really excited to be helpful and are recruiting hard. I have to say, it's been really impressive.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
There is a separate FB page for 1Y admitted students, but purely due to fewer admits there is lesser activity there.
Is there a way to suggest the admin of the 2Y admits FB page to give access to 1Y admit students?

pancaketown wrote:
i had an alumni from my area call me for UVA, but i, too, haven't gotten anything yet from NW.

there are a lot of 2nd years in the 2-year admitted students Facebook group who have been answering plenty of questions.

i don't seem to have trouble accessing the student clubs...i don't have to log in or anything. have you tried googling the club you're interested in? maybe it'll pull up the exact webpage and you can bypass the log in page you're encountering?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
for what it's worth, my K-Bud reached out to me over the weekend, and so did a few other students (like some clubs/JV program) who found out I was interested in their organizations through my K-Bud
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Has anyone heard about scholarship from the FIN Aid office??

I got this in an email from the staff: "You should expect a provisional award offer via email from me next week." When I responded back, the reply I got made it sound like my file has not been reviewed yet. The vibe I got was that the "provisional award offer" may just be something that says I was not eligible for scholarships and just be offered loans. =( I was pretty stoked at first, but now not so much.

If anyone could shed some light on this and share some experiences that would be great! It's been a roller coaster ride and I'm ready for it to end.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts