Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:01 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2013 - Admitted Students Class of 2015 [#permalink]
^ Probably will make the move to Chicago sometime in July.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
dofubot wrote:
Has anyone heard about scholarship from the FIN Aid office??

I got this in an email from the staff: "You should expect a provisional award offer via email from me next week." When I responded back, the reply I got made it sound like my file has not been reviewed yet. The vibe I got was that the "provisional award offer" may just be something that says I was not eligible for scholarships and just be offered loans. =( I was pretty stoked at first, but now not so much.

If anyone could shed some light on this and share some experiences that would be great! It's been a roller coaster ride and I'm ready for it to end.

I did not hear anything about a scholarship during my admit call but I submitted my FAFSA and Kellogg Financial Aid application about a day after hearing I was admitted. Earlier this week I received a response in my Kellogg email account offering me several smaller scholarships (totaling ~15K per year) as well as information about the loans that I would be eligible to take out.

So basically my point is that there is still scholarship money to go around if you did not receive anything initially.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
I also got $15k/yr and the rest on government loan. Do you guys just take this entire loan or is it worth looking around for cheaper private loans?
On a side note, just gave my 2.5 month notice today, giving me 1.5 month break. Manager was super nice and supportive. So relieved. No more hiding secret.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
Finally committed and submitted my deposit! Such a weight lifted from my shoulders haha. I'm looking forward to a ridiculous and rewarding two years! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
beehagit wrote:
Finally committed and submitted my deposit! Such a weight lifted from my shoulders haha. I'm looking forward to a ridiculous and rewarding two years! :-D

Yep should be awesome :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Hey everyone, congrats on getting admitted to Kellogg! I'm a current first year here and definitely willing to help anyone with any questions you might have. Feel free to send me a note and I hope you all are gearing up for KWEST!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Well, I'm a bit late to the party (5/7 admit, just submitted my deposit this week), but I can't wait to see you all in Evanston later this summer!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hey Zomba,

I think you can still apply to KWEST today so you better check out the website and register! Includes a 500$ deposit!

BTW: how long did it take for you guys to get the result of the financial aid application? Submitted mine last week and haven't heard anything since nor was I able to get someone on the phone.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
WomeMBA wrote:
Hey Zomba,

I think you can still apply to KWEST today so you better check out the website and register! Includes a 500$ deposit!

BTW: how long did it take for you guys to get the result of the financial aid application? Submitted mine last week and haven't heard anything since nor was I able to get someone on the phone.

I registered when I put in my deposit. I'm likely going on the family one to Wisconsin, but put in for 9 others as well. I'm stoked!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Zomba wrote:
WomeMBA wrote:
Hey Zomba,

I registered when I put in my deposit. I'm likely going on the family one to Wisconsin, but put in for 9 others as well. I'm stoked!

Sorry my bad, I thought you were responding to the post above yours so I thought you didn't sign up fro KWEST because the official deadline (May 10 I think) was over already... :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Can someone give me some input on the financial aid process?

I've submitted my application a week ago and haven't heard anything since. I sent an email and tried to call them to follow up on the whole process but wasn't able to get anyone on the phone nor did I get an email reply.

How long should it usually take to get feedback??? Does anyone know if there are still merit-based awards given out in round 3?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Send PM
Kudos
WomeMBA wrote:
Can someone give me some input on the financial aid process?

I've submitted my application a week ago and haven't heard anything since. I sent an email and tried to call them to follow up on the whole process but wasn't able to get anyone on the phone nor did I get an email reply.

How long should it usually take to get feedback??? Does anyone know if there are still merit-based awards given out in round 3?

Thanks!

I talked to someone in the financial aid department to verify that they had recieved my application (they had) and to ask them whether or not they thought they'd have a decision before the June 4th deadline. The woman I talked to said that they would give me the information with enough time to make a decision based off of it before the June 4th deadline. This sounds like they still have funds available and that they plan on giving people time.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks @riverfish! With another week to take the decision I hope things are moving today or tomorrow...
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72857 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Kellogg Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Kellogg Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Kellogg Forum for all fresh things related to the Kellogg MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts