Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as you can see from my profile i started with this site back in december of 2004 this was after my first attempt at the gmat and a lovely score of 570.

For the last year and a half I have been focusing very much on work but am now taking the steps to rededicate myself. I am starting with the basic math review to make sure I have the basics down cold, once I am comfortible there I am going to pull togther a formalized strategy for the rest of the way leading up to the test...

I am sure i am going to lean on you all for help... hopefully i can be of some help along the way
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi saumil,

i'm also from india and currently in philly...............gr8 to know dat ur into wharton........i'm looking ahead to enter into MBA healthcare.........and u know wharton is always the dream........right now i'm gathering a valuable experience and i'm planning to write GMAT later half of next year. i'll really appreciate any tips regarding dat and bout the preparation material.
regards
pritam

saumster wrote:
Hello fellow GMAT-ians,

I'm Saumil, a Business analyst at SunGArd in Philly, PA. I am a parttime student in the executive education prog at Wharton, but am writing the GMAT to get into a full time program.

I did my MS in CS from Louisiana and am originally from India.

Currently, I'm stuck on what to do next: I've finished the PR book and not sure which Kaplan to pick up next:

1. Kaplan 800 2006-2007 Edition OR
2. Kaplan Premier Program 2007

And hence I'm trying to read up here for advice from the gurus. Nice to meet you all, hope to interact more in the coming weeks.

-Saumil.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I should have done this earlier. I joined GMATclub a while ago and am thrilled to be a member. I am 28 year old Indian male, currently in California, USA. I have an MS in Computer Science and a little over 6 years of experience. I took the GMAT for the first time on Aug 11, 2006 and got a 680. I am considering taking it again to inprove my chances at a top 10 business school.

My primary goal for doing an MBA is to switch my career to finance.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
26 yrs old

Analyst with Investment Mgmt Firm (3 yrs + exp)

Just passed CFA Level III (three for three)

Finished undergrad in 2003 (GPA = 3.7):
BA, Economics
BBA, Finance

Took GMAT in Jan 2006 with (what I considered to be) insufficient prep
Result = 660 (46Q, 35V)

I had some serious nerves during quant, messed up a few gimmes, and almost cancelled at the break, but decided to push through it and keep my scores so I could get the test fee expensed by my firm.

I know I can improve. As such, I have been trying to balance studying, social life, work and writing b-school essays over the past month.

I am sitting for the exam again on 23 Sep. Goal = 700+

This site is extremely useful...kudos to its creators and contributors.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everybody,am Raj from India.

Am an ERP Technical Consultant working for a top Financial corporation in India.am an engineering graduate and have been working since 3 years after my graduation.

Am taking GMAT in last week of October an am planning to apply for Fall,2007.Though am late by now,am hopeful that I can make it for Fall,2007.
My aim is to get a score of 700+ and get into a better university if not the top 20 universities to do MBA in Finance.

Please suggest me and let me know if November 1st or 2nd week would be too late to apply for Fall,2007.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone!
My name is Gulzhan. I am from Kazakhstan. 24 y.o./fem.
Planning to apply FTMBA 2007.
Good luck to everybody on GMAT!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone

My name is Mikhail, I'm a 25-year-old Russian guy from Moscow. I have been Marketing Manager/Project Finder & Buyer for a TV production house for the past 3 years, very much an international-environment job (also requires some modeling & statistics knowledge as well as writing skills for reports/business plans /presentations); prior to that I had worked for 2 years in various functions at the Acquisitions Department of a national TV network. Before that I had taught English at school for a while and had been a freelance translator.

I have a BA Hon. in Linguistics, majoring in English & Translation (graduated in 2003) from a Russian college, and am now completing a distance-learning undergraduate Finance program at the University of London, London School of Economics. I know some French and can read Spanish.

I am a movie fan and a bit of a powerlifter, and - more recently - a GMAT fan)))

I came across Gmatclub in one of my Google searches. This is a wondeful community of very intelligent people and a great learning resource! I keep working through the archive problems (230 pages - wow!) Thank you, Bogdan, Praetorian and other founding fathers! This website is absolutely a must for aspiring MBAs. I try to participate in some discussions though it can be difficult due to the 8-11 hour time difference between me and US participants who, like U2lover, post correct responses and explanations in under 40 minutes.

My first (and I hope the last) go at GMAT is scheduled for Nov 18, 2006. I've been preparing for 6 weeks now (Kaplan 06/07, Princeton Verbal, PowerPrep, this forum) and these days I score 710/730 on Powerprep and 570/590/650 on Kaplan CATs - but there are still 8 weeks to improve. I will re-try if I score below 690 and won't re-try if I score over 730; as for the 690-730 range, I'm not sure. Of course, I covet 770-800 because 1) I feel that I can do it, and 2) I hope higher GMAT will give me a better chance at a scholarship. (I have a 3.98 GPA from my first degree and over 6 years of pretty diverse work experience, including some managerial experience, so with a good GMAT score I guess I will have a good application all around). I have just scored 116/120 on TOEFL iBT.

I plan to apply to a full-time MBA late next year, for entry in September 2008. Columbia would be the first choice; also pondering Wharton and Stanford.

Best of luck to every GMAT-taker out there and see you around this forum!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
Mikhail Bondarenko wrote:
I try to participate in some discussions though it can be difficult due to the 8-11 hour time difference between me and US participants who, like U2lover, post correct responses and explanations in under 40 minutes.

me??? in 40 min??? hey... the board is yours until the end of September... :lol: and I get some questions wrong too... ha-ha-ha
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh no, Bono-san please stay))))))))))) "I don't want to know regret, I'll do all that I can just to get you to say.." oh wait, that's Kylie, that's not U2 )))))
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I'm Priya and I came across this club in late Aug'06 when I was googling for GMAT info. I am absolutely elated to find a forum dedicated to the cause of cracking this exam! :-D

My story is a lil different from most MBA aspirants.
I had no plans of giving this exam until a couple of months ago.
I was working for an American bank in India for around 5 years.
I got married and relocated to US to join my husband on his short term project here. Having no visibility about the tenure of our stay here, I frittered away my time for more than a year. It now seems like I will have enough time to enhance my skill sets and I have decided take this plunge! Needless to say, I have a lot of homework to do to, begining with tweaking my rusty math and verbal skills! Maybe this write-up is a reflection on the latter!

I have been reading some of the inputs and I have to say that this forum is absolutely unique and the posts inspirational. I am happy to find a club full of selfless people willing to share their knowledge so others can benefit.

GMAT Club, may your tribe increase!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
I have finally decided after working as an accountant (CPA) for several years, to make the committment to the GMAT, and hopefully get accepted to a top B-school (Yale SOM, preferably). However,if I do not get at least a 700, I am not sure I will bother applying.
This forum is a great resource that I intend on utilizing in the next few months.
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hello All,
I am MRD. I am planning to take the GMAT by Dec-2006. Has 12 Years exp in IT. My goal is to get into Kellogg (Part-Time MBA). Finished M.S in DePaul Chicago in Enterprise Systems with 4.0 GPA. Hopeful for 750+ in GMAT.

Great to be part of this club and able to communicate to you all.

Good luck and all the best everybody!!
Thanks,
MRD.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone -- I've dedicated a little over 2 yrs of my life now working in the pharma industry as an IT consultant and am now looking forward to pursuing either an MBA or MS (IT). My academic credentials are as follows: BS in Information Systems from Carniege Mellon; 3.75/4.0

Good luck to all....

:-D

{each one/teach one][then student/becomes teacher}
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey guys!

i'm sammie - a fightin blue hen from delaware! i'm just starting to prepare for the gmat and am def looking for quick tips about where to start studying. what books? any worthwhile courses? screw it, i'm just gonna go in there and wing it!! haha, just kiddin. let me know where to start, i feel totally overwhelmed with all the options out there. any advice is welcome!

sammie.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Everyone,

I have a B.S. from a U.S. military academy in computer science and an MS in the same from St Mary's University in Texas. I have already done some studying for the dreaded GMAT but I am not as focused as I should be. I'm shooting for a 700 score in line for a spot on an exec MBA program.

Good luck to everyone still studying!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Hi folks!

I thought I rather introduce myself *after* the G day - so that if I screw up, no one really knows ;) Well, I didn't, so here's my tiny profile :)

24/M, live in Ukraine, BS in Computer Physics, 6 years of IT experience (2 of them as an ERP analyst in a multinational company). Want to go for IT-focused MBA in a solid school. Finding a good school with relevant specialty and strong scholarship program is quite a challenge, but I never give up :)

Good luck to those of you still hunting for GMAT beast :)

Originally posted by braindancer on 12 Oct 2006, 00:27.
Last edited by braindancer on 07 Jan 2007, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

This is Eren from Turkey. I'm studying International Finance with a GPA of 3.77/4.00. I'm planning to apply for MS in Finance programs in the UK and some other European countries (I'm open for suggestions :) ). I took the GMAT on last Thursday and managed to send the beast back to Hades by getting a 700+ score.

Good luck to everyone, the road to glory awaits you!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  66