Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V49
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA applicants for January 2015 Intake! [#permalink]
I have a silly question: INSEAD deadline for R2 is "May 28th 2014 at 12:00am ".
So am i correct in assuming that its actually Tuesday 27 May 2014 11.59pm?
Send PM
sslondon wrote:
I have a silly question: INSEAD deadline for R2 is "May 28th 2014 at 12:00am ".
So am i correct in assuming that its actually Tuesday 27 May 2014 11.59pm?

Hello,

Apologies for the slight confusion on the technical glitch in the online form. Actually, to be included in a specific round, applications must be complete and submitted by midnight (23:59 Central European Time) on the day of the deadline (28 May). In short, the deadline is until the end of 28 May 2014. This statement can be found on the Application Deadlines page in the website: https://mba.insead.edu/admissions/dates_deadlines.cfm

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Leizel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Submitted my R2 application for Jan 15 entry yesterday. Now I just need to hassle my recommenders to make sure they submit on time!

Good luck all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hello Leizel,

This is coming a bit late, but I thought I should clarify this anyway. I've interviewed in R1 and am now awaiting the final result. INSEAD is one of only two schools I applied to, the other being the Indian School of Business (ISB) as back-up. I had originally planned to apply for the Sept intake, but on the advice of a few alums during an info session at the Singapore campus, decided to defer my application to the Jan intake, where I could get the opportunity to intern after 4 periods.

I got the admit call from ISB in the meanwhile, and since their classes start in April, was compelled to join. I highlighted this point to my interviewers at the very outset, and assured them that I would drop out of ISB, if admitted to INSEAD. I also elaborated on the aformentioned reasons for applying to INSEAD after ISB. To further stress on my commitment to INSEAD, I had an alum of 12D, with whom I've interacted extensively over the past year to better understand the school, write an additional third recommendation.

Do you feel I have done enough to alleviate any concerns that the adcom may have, or atleast followed due process in such circumstances? I didn't write to my admissions officer directly since I felt I wouldn't be able to explain the full context of the situation, and therefore decided to explain to my interviewers.

Regards,

Kartikeya
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I applied on the 28th of May. I am very excited and am looking forward to next steps.

I am also a bit concerned currently as I have encountered a series of technical issues that I am worried may affect the outcome/completensss of my application:
• I had a problem uploading essays online and therefore I needed to send them via email
• My referees did not receive an upload link when I submitted my application and therefore they emailed their recommendation letters (PDF Form) as an email attachment instead

I wonder whether there would be anything I can do to check whether I am on track before it is too late (Wednesday is the deadline for references and I would like to make sure the emails from my referees got to the right person)?. I would very much appreciate if you could point me in the right direction. Otherwise, if you think that the best solution for me is to remain patient and wait for the school to contact me confirming the status, that's fine too.

Thank you!
Send PM
rkartikeya wrote:
Hello Leizel,

This is coming a bit late, but I thought I should clarify this anyway. I've interviewed in R1 and am now awaiting the final result. INSEAD is one of only two schools I applied to, the other being the Indian School of Business (ISB) as back-up. I had originally planned to apply for the Sept intake, but on the advice of a few alums during an info session at the Singapore campus, decided to defer my application to the Jan intake, where I could get the opportunity to intern after 4 periods.

I got the admit call from ISB in the meanwhile, and since their classes start in April, was compelled to join. I highlighted this point to my interviewers at the very outset, and assured them that I would drop out of ISB, if admitted to INSEAD. I also elaborated on the aformentioned reasons for applying to INSEAD after ISB. To further stress on my commitment to INSEAD, I had an alum of 12D, with whom I've interacted extensively over the past year to better understand the school, write an additional third recommendation.

Do you feel I have done enough to alleviate any concerns that the adcom may have, or atleast followed due process in such circumstances? I didn't write to my admissions officer directly since I felt I wouldn't be able to explain the full context of the situation, and therefore decided to explain to my interviewers.

Regards,

Kartikeya

Dear Kartikeya,

Apologies for the delayed response. It is highly advisable to liaise directly with the Admissions Officer in-charge of your application as they are the only team deciding on deferral requests and final results. As stated in the website's FAQ's on Admissions, in truly exceptional circumstances, the Admissions Committee may grant a deferral. All requests should be made in writing and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

Regards,
Leizel
Send PM
lenam wrote:
I applied on the 28th of May. I am very excited and am looking forward to next steps.

I am also a bit concerned currently as I have encountered a series of technical issues that I am worried may affect the outcome/completensss of my application:
• I had a problem uploading essays online and therefore I needed to send them via email
• My referees did not receive an upload link when I submitted my application and therefore they emailed their recommendation letters (PDF Form) as an email attachment instead

I wonder whether there would be anything I can do to check whether I am on track before it is too late (Wednesday is the deadline for references and I would like to make sure the emails from my referees got to the right person)?. I would very much appreciate if you could point me in the right direction. Otherwise, if you think that the best solution for me is to remain patient and wait for the school to contact me confirming the status, that's fine too.

Thank you!

Hello Lenam,

Apologies for the delayed response.

You will be assigned to an Admissions Officer once you have submitted your application and she will contact you within two weeks of your submission to verify completeness of your application. So long as the status of your application changed from Submitted to Posted, it means it has been validated by the Admissions Team in charge of your region.

Apologies for the technical glitches as these are faced usually during the deadline itself due to the heavy traffic in accessing the online platform. It is highly recommended to submit application earlier than the deadline for a smoother application experience.

Regards,
Leizel
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you Leizel,

All good now. As you outlined, I initially heard from my AO assuring thyat my application is complete (2 weeks after application deadline) and now again to congratulate me for getting to an interview round! Very happy at the moment and can't wait for the next steps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi guys. I applied to Insead January 2015 intake on Round 2. I already had my interview and I am waiting for the results.

In their site, Insead states that results will be ready by the 8th of August but I haven´t received an answer yet and I am getting a bit anxious.

Does anybody know if they have already communicated others candidates or if they are waiting for the 8th of August to release all the results?

Thanks in advance for your answer and regards
Send PM
lunda wrote:
Hi guys. I applied to Insead January 2015 intake on Round 2. I already had my interview and I am waiting for the results.

In their site, Insead states that results will be ready by the 8th of August but I haven´t received an answer yet and I am getting a bit anxious.

Does anybody know if they have already communicated others candidates or if they are waiting for the 8th of August to release all the results?

Thanks in advance for your answer and regards

Hello Lunda!

I suggest you wait until 8 Aug as the candidates usually get notified on this date. If after a few days after 8 Aug you still have not heard from INSEAD, please refer to the Admissions Officer who contacted you when you were scheduled for an interview previously as she's the dedicated officer in-charge of your region and has access to your profile and results.

All the best!

Regards,
Leizel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Has any R3 applicant for Jan 2015 intake received interview call? As Sep 5 is the deadline to receive interval call/e-mail, would there be any update before or on Sep 5 in case application is not selected for interview.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm an Indian male applicant to INSEAD sep-2017 intake. Its very ambitious of me to think of applying to INSEAD given my financial background.
My profile goes as follows:
GMAT: 720 (Q49/V40)
I am yet to take language test(s).
Work-Exp: 60 months till July-2016
Sector: Electrical Design Engineering - heavy electricals manufacturing and power sector (54 months at BHEL - a manufacturing sector PSU in India)
Extra-curriculars are good but community service is poor.
Have been part of theatre groups and social cause performances - acting and direction.
Leadership roles are ample within and beyond my profession.
Acads: High School - 91%
12th std - 93%
B. Tech. (Electrical Engineering) - 73.4% (but 4th in class)

Firstly, I'm not even sure how strong my profile is for INSEAD. So please enlighten me in this domain.

Secondly, my major concern is finance. In India, max. loan amount without collateral etc. is INR 30 lacs (approx EUR 40,000).
I have next to nil collateral property.
I'll be able to personally manage not more than approx EUR-15,000. So how am I supposed to fund my studies if I'm not awarded any scholarship. Saying that, may I know the probability of getting a scholarship and if yes, about how much, based on my profile.

Please oblige me with your advice as I really want to apply to INSEAD but for an average Indian with low financial background, it is next to impossible investing that much even if you deserve it. (If I do).

Thanks for reading.

Abhishek
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Abhishek,

It’s fantastic to hear your ambition of studying at a top school to build your skills. We completely hear your challenge of financing, especially in India where traditional lenders require collateral and international lenders ask for co-signers with residency in the host country of education.

Understanding this challenge, Prodigy Finance offers education loans to international students aspiring to attend top education abroad. We provide non-collateral, no-cosigner loans at competitive interest rates. Prodigy Finance was founded by INSEAD graduates and we would like to invite you to learn more about our loans for INSEAD on our website: https://prodigyfinance.com/insead/loan.

Hope this helps, and please feel free to reach out to us via private message with any questions.

Best,
Prodigy Finance team
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All INSEAD Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All INSEAD Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All INSEAD Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated INSEAD Forum to dive into all things related to INSEAD's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts