Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Have any other Rd1 WL'ers sent in any updates or supplemental info to AdCom?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Send PM
I referred to the 2011 thread for some clarification, but wanted to sound off here for more up to date confirmation. Saw online that McDonough requires official transcripts post-marked by the deadline date, and all later transcripts will be considered for the next round. What's the current take on this? If all other parts of the app is in, will a few days postponement of the transcript being considered for R2? :cry:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
novagal wrote:
I referred to the 2011 thread for some clarification, but wanted to sound off here for more up to date confirmation. Saw online that McDonough requires official transcripts post-marked by the deadline date, and all later transcripts will be considered for the next round. What's the current take on this? If all other parts of the app is in, will a few days postponement of the transcript being considered for R2? :cry:

McDonough never received the first transcript that my school sent. The admissions office emailed me after I submitted my application (and after the deadline) to tell me that I had 5 days to get my transcript in to still be considered for Round 1. I wouldn't worry too much about it but you might want to email your admissions manager and let them know it will be a few days late.

Here is the email:
I am writing to provide you with an update regarding your application to Georgetown University's Full-time MBA Program.

At this time your application is currently incomplete and missing credentials which are required for the final review of your application by the Admissions Committee.

Your credentials must be received no later than Thursday, November 10, 2011 in order for the Admissions Committee to review your application as part of round 1. After that date, your application will be moved to round 2.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Application for Admission was submitted on 1/5/2012 11:59:00 PM EST :shock:

A little too close for comfort. It's in though!
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
R2 applicants, when we get the confirmation that our app is complete, lets post them here! I wonder how long will it take them to receive it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V34
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:
R2 applicants, when we get the confirmation that our app is complete, lets post them here! I wonder how long will it take them to receive it?

From Admission Manager email:
"Due to the high volume of mail that we receive, we are unable to individually verify the receipt of application materials. You can track your application status, including when materials have been received and processed, online via the following link. Please note that it may take up to four weeks after the deadline for the status of application materials to update"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Invites started going out October 21 after the October 15 deadline, according to this thread.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am a graduating law student set to matriculate at Georgetown Law for a masters in securities and financial regulation. I have worked for three years in the investment management field (institutional client service and marketing) before law school and interned at the SEC in Washington. I am a CFA L3 Candidate. My goal is to join a law firm and start a 40 Act practice, or go directly to a investment manager in a legal/compliance role.

My question for you all is the following: If I were to take a course or two at the business school next year, which course would you recommend? Which professors are the best?

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Well guys the Evening Program (part time) 1st Round Deadline is next Sunday the 15th. I'm almost done with my essays and after that the waiting game begins....
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
jmr71483 wrote:
Invites started going out October 21 after the October 15 deadline, according to this thread.

Dang. Too soon!!!!!! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:

Dang. Too soon!!!!!! :)

For some folks, I guess the Ad Com must've liked everything they put out there that quickly, right?

Either that or applicant pool dropped?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
jmr71483 wrote:

The R3 deadline in the previous cycle was Friday, April 1st. I received an interview invite by Tuesday, April 5th. I did submit on Monday, March 28th, though, so that could have helped me get the quick invitation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:

i submitted my application on 12/26. The status says: Submitted and hasn't changed since.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30
Send PM
random question - am i the only one that doesn't have "application status" on my log in?

i log on to the portal, as directed, and clicked on application for admissions..... but i don't have an "application status" button on the top left of the page (as noted in the email from the admissions director)

is that the hyperlink that will appear in 4 weeks so i can check my status?

thanks!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
armymba2012 wrote:
random question - am i the only one that doesn't have "application status" on my log in?

i log on to the portal, as directed, and clicked on application for admissions..... but i don't have an "application status" button on the top left of the page (as noted in the email from the admissions director)

is that the hyperlink that will appear in 4 weeks so i can check my status?

thanks!!

Your submission status should be right below the "application for admissions" link...
Or if you click on the "application for admissions" link, your status should be on the right side.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30
Send PM
shady14 wrote:
Your submission status should be right below the "application for admissions" link...
Or if you click on the "application for admissions" link, your status should be on the right side.

my application status is submitted, but i have no way to check and see if georgetown received all of my materials... like my transcripts, for example.

this is what i'm talking about. i don't have this option.

After submitting your application, check the Application Status Section to ensure that all supplemental materials have been received and processed. To access this section:
Click the Application for Admission link below;
Locate the Application Status link at the top of the menu at the left side of the webpage;
Determine which materials, if any, are missing; and
Submit missing materials.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
armymba2012 wrote:
shady14 wrote:

my application status is submitted, but i have no way to check and see if georgetown received all of my materials... like my transcripts, for example.

this is what i'm talking about. i don't have this option.

After submitting your application, check the Application Status Section to ensure that all supplemental materials have been received and processed. To access this section:
Click the Application for Admission link below;
Locate the Application Status link at the top of the menu at the left side of the webpage;
Determine which materials, if any, are missing; and
Submit missing materials.

I believe Georgetown will send you something within four weeks of your submission. Right now, it's probably pretty hectic there as they sort out whose transcript goes where, etc.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts