Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [54]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology
GMAT Date: 04-25-2015
GPA: 3.15
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Non-native 2 month road to 770 (Q50 V44 IR 8 AWA 6) [#permalink]
I would like to know where I can find the CR bible... do you have the name?

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 122 [0]
Given Kudos: 546
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 03-18-2015
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hey!
Really an inspiring one and strategically its very crucial what you emphasized that you took TIMING aspect into consideration from day One.
Would like to know more about your daily plan sketch.. share a bit that if you were working or non those to months and how you went ahead.
Wish you luck mate!
Celestial
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Non-native 2 month road to 770 (Q50 V44 IR 8 AWA 6) [#permalink]
matamabel wrote:
I would like to know where I can find the CR bible... do you have the name?

Posted from my mobile device

Hi matamabel, here is a link to the Bible: https://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-GMAT-C ... gy_b_img_y

have a great day
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Non-native 2 month road to 770 (Q50 V44 IR 8 AWA 6) [#permalink]
Celestial09 wrote:
Hey!
Really an inspiring one and strategically its very crucial what you emphasized that you took TIMING aspect into consideration from day One.
Would like to know more about your daily plan sketch.. share a bit that if you were working or non those to months and how you went ahead.
Wish you luck mate!
Celestial

Hi Celestial09, how are you?

I am almost ashamed of posting because it is a real simple study plan! I took some time off towards the end of the preparation, yes. Those last 2 weeks (as per the study plan), I was able to focus on both V and Q on the same day. Before that, I was alternating, 2 days V; 1 day Q. Because it is what makes sense to me. During the weekends I would pull something like the attached too, work on both parts. Not even sure this will help you but at least youll see that you (really) dont need anything fancy to plan ahead and keep track. some activities I did not color. Those I was not able to do that day... procratinating, probably... :oops: :lol:

Many thanks and good luck to you too!
Attachments

study_plan.xlsx [9.32 KiB]
Downloaded 217 times

Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 122 [0]
Given Kudos: 546
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 03-18-2015
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hey!
Apologies... for making you in a tricky situation. I am all good.. How about you ?
Really you taught me a thing.. Keep it simple. Thats what I was missing. I was trying to act as if its a damn rocket science.
Your plan is pretty decent.
Thanks and wish you luck for your schools apps.
Celestial

Donedeal1 wrote:
Celestial09 wrote:
Hey!
Wish you luck mate!
Celestial

Hi Celestial09, how are you?

I am almost ashamed of posting because it is a real simple study plan! I took some time off towards the end of the preparation, yes. Those last 2 weeks (as per the study plan), I was able to focus on both V and Q on the same day. Before that, I was alternating, 2 days V; 1 day Q. Because it is what makes sense to me. During the weekends I would pull something like the attached too, work on both parts. Not even sure this will help you but at least youll see that you (really) dont need anything fancy to plan ahead and keep track. some activities I did not color. Those I was not able to do that day... procratinating, probably... :oops: :lol:

Many thanks and good luck to you too!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 161 [0]
Given Kudos: 260
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Donedeal1 wrote:
Since Gmatclub played such a significant role during my preparation, I had promised myself I would put down a debrief once the journey was over.
While many other debriefs list the same materials and preparation, I would like to attempt to give an insight on how I got there in hopes it may help
https://magoosh.com/gmat/category/integrated-reasoning/

Dear Donedeal,

Thanks for sharing your experience with others.

Could I ask you how good your English generally is? In terms of your TOEFL or IELTS score, or any other measure which reflects English proficiency.

I have noticed that you have mentioned you are not a native speaker of English, though your debrief indicates that your English is quite good.
Why am I asking this?
Well, although GMAT is not a test of English proficiency, but no body doubts the fact that the better one's English, the higher one's score.
I curios to know that whether you had problems for example with vocab of readings in OG readings or CR questions. Of course, I think that even though a non-native English speaker might not know some words in OG reading, most of the time, if not always, it is possible to guess the meaning from the context.
Do you think that apart from your analytic and reasoning skills and strength, your English proficiency has also played an important role in getting such an excellent verbal score,44? And how much?

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM