Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:56 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
Re: All January GMAT Test Takers [#permalink]
Just when I thought I had a handle on my ego and timing... Need more practice to let go.. :x

Off topic, GMATLA - why is Kobe yelling 750? Did you retake or planning to? I thought you got admitted to Haas.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Unforseen wrote:
I've updated my post. Verbal is still stagnant!

Have you tried powerscore CR? Try and see if you can get this book. Won't take more than a full day to go through it. I went back to MGMAT CR after doing PS CR and they together definitely improved me CR.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.83
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi!

Here goes:

Exam date: 1/2 (coming Monday!)
Target score: 700 plus
Tests & scores:
12/26 MGMAT 1: 640 (36Q 41V)
12/27 MGMAT 2: 660 (44Q 36V)
12/28 MGMAT 3: 590 (39Q 33V) :shock:

I'm hoping to complete one last MGMAT exam tomorrow, and then move on to the power prep series. I've heard that the SC on test day is harder than on the MGMAT, but the CR and RC are pretty standard. Thoughts?

Would also appreciate any last minute prep tips!
Director
Director
Send PM
@ Unforseen

I think you may have me confused with someone else. There is another Mod around that has a lakers avatar. 750 was my goal, 710 was my score. I'm applying this year, and will consider a retake if I'm not accepted. Don't think my ROI on a retake as opposed to application was worth it :(.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMATLA wrote:
@ Unforseen

I think you may have me confused with someone else. There is another Mod around that has a lakers avatar. 750 was my goal, 710 was my score. I'm applying this year, and will consider a retake if I'm not accepted. Don't think my ROI on a retake as opposed to application was worth it :(.

all the best in your applications. i am sure you 'll get an admit from a great school

less than a week to go for me..
cheers
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
Unforseen wrote:
I've updated my post. Verbal is still stagnant!

Have you tried powerscore CR? Try and see if you can get this book. Won't take more than a full day to go through it. I went back to MGMAT CR after doing PS CR and they together definitely improved me CR.

I don't know if getting another prep material is smart. If I retake, I will be getting that book. CR is also my strongest section - I got only 2 wrong in the GMAT Test Prep 1
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pataiz wrote:
Test Date: Jan 3rd
Target Score: 720
Practice Test Scores: GMAT Prep 1 - 710 (Q49, V38)
Materials: OG12, Conquering the GMAT, Cracking the GMAT (SC), MGMAT (RC and SC), GMAT Toolkit for iPad, GMAT hard math questions for iPad, GMATcom forum
Any Last Minute Questions: I could start to learn only in the beginning of Dec, and now have appr. 60 hours left for this purpose. In that time I would like to tackle appr. 15 hrs with difficult math problems, but as my Verbal is only 38, I would like to put emphasize on this one. What would you recommend besides the materials I have mentioned? On the other hand I would like to take some other tests as well (maybe 4, that's 16 hrs for this), I planned GMAT Prep 2, GMATcom tests and maybe a Kaplan one. What would you recommend?
Any Last Minute Advice: Practice, Practice, Practice....and stay positive and motivated :D

I took my second prep test, the free Kaplan CAT test. My score is only 630, with Q40 (after the previous Q49!) and V32 (efter V38).... I have read that the Kaplan one is more difficult, because of some marketing tricks, but is it really so much difficult, or the GMAT Prep 1 test was too easy? Anybody who took both, and already took the GMAT as well? What do you think?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@unforseen I think I read in one of your posts that you were struggling with CR. Anyway, good luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
@unforseen I think I read in one of your posts that you were struggling with CR. Anyway, good luck.

Nah SC is definitely my weakest section. The best I've done in that section is 7 wrong, although I'm starting to see patterns that have helped me narrow it down to two, and when reviewing these questions I see that my mistakes lie on some idiom picked wrong. I'm still hammering through MGMAT SC Guide which is amazing just like everyone says...hopefully that + a little luck would help me get my verbal score up to 40.

I'm probably jinxing myself, but I would be comfortable getting a Q46, V39 score. I think that with a week left all I can do is practice and hope I feel optimal on test day.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Unforseen wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

Nah SC is definitely my weakest section. The best I've done in that section is 7 wrong, although I'm starting to see patterns that have helped me narrow it down to two, and when reviewing these questions I see that my mistakes lie on some idiom picked wrong. I'm still hammering through MGMAT SC Guide which is amazing just like everyone says...hopefully that + a little luck would help me get my verbal score up to 40.

I'm probably jinxing myself, but I would be comfortable getting a Q46, V39 score. I think that with a week left all I can do is practice and hope I feel optimal on test day.

Remember that idioms are not being tested anymore. That is, there may be idiom problems in a SC question, but it won't be the primary issue.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Test Date: Late Jan/Early Feb
Target Score: 720+

Past Test Scores:
10/26 - 660
12/10 - 680
Practice Test Scores and Materials: MGMAT books,
Practice tests from last time were in the 720-770 range, stating over the MGMAT tests this week, not doing gmat prep for scoring, too many repeats now.

Any Last Minute Questions: Not really, I know what I need to do, just need to do it.

Any Last Minute Advice: Dont take a long break in studying between tests if you retake, I'm not where I was in early dec. Also, dont burn out or make yourself sick. Its not quantity of studying, its quality.
Director
Director
Send PM
@highwyre237

I see that you have some really good practice test scores, I just want to offer you some last month advice by taking a look at my post here: 10-tips-to-improve-your-score-app-with-no-extra-studying-124393.html This will help you perform on test day, and score that score up around your practice tests. Every little bit helps! Good luck, and we look forward to your debreif.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
@ GMATLA
ha yeah I read that right before my last test. You convinced me to dress a bit nicer on test day!
Great advice all around there, my main issue last time was just being overworked. Was studying too hard the week leading up, didnt get enough sleep, and got a bad migraine on the day of the test. Also, scheduling a noon test time was a mistake for me, it messed up my eating schedule.

Just bad judgement all around on my part. Took the test in the wrong place, at the wrong time of day, while I was sick from over working.

Once I get back in my testing groove I'll re-take the damn test and be done with it. Everything mentioned in that thread is key though
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
Unforseen wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

Remember that idioms are not being tested anymore. That is, there may be idiom problems in a SC question, but it won't be the primary issue.

What do you mean that idioms are not being tested anymore? I didn't have any idea about that so far.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
700 today in final CAT with a V40! Very happy with this result with 7 days to go.
Director
Director
Send PM
Congrats on the great practice test score! Good luck on your test, and we look forward to your debrief!
Manager
Manager
Status:If u've ego, u've reached ur limit; if ur humble u've no limit.
Affiliations: IIT
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hi GMATLA,

My score on gmatprep-2 was 770 today, however, I had seen a few CR questions before. So, score must have been inflated a little. Anyway, I wanted to ask you two questions:

1) Since, I usually finish Quant in an hour, can i take extended break of 15min + 8min? If I select answer to the last Quant question(37th), would it be submitted?

2) Am I allowed to drink coffee etc during break time? I think so, but wanted to confirm. Drinking coffee is really important for me; if it's allowed, does cold coffee works as good as hot - not sure you would know such things, but no harm in asking. :)

Thanks a lot for your help.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4