Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:11 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.15
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Thanks jmr! I still haven't gotten an interview request so I'm losing hope. Expecting a ding.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone know why the admission criteria for the two year MBA are different to the One year international MBA?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
jmr71483 wrote:
Had my interview this morning, thought it went ok overall. Skype wasn't a great way to interview I wouldn't reccomend it if you can avoid it, I think it made me more nervous than a face to face would.

Why MBA? Why BU?
Tell me about time you had lead role, how did you handle it.
Tell me a time when you were part of a team but not lead how did you handle it. - fumbled that one a bit, wasn't ready, gave a horrible example in retrospect.
How will You contribute to diversity during team projects at BU

Was pretty much what I expected, she was extremely friendly. Not sure I would describe it as conversational since she pretty much exclusively engaged me through the questioning... but she was very nice and definitely made me feel comfortable. Now we wait.

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks jmr!! All the best! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hi guys,

I recently changed email accounts, and I don´t know how to check my application status. Could you post the link please??

THANKS! Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
I just had my interview this morning. I live in DC and luckily an AdCom person came down to have interviews at a local hotel. In retrospect, I think it would have been nice to go to BU and have a tour and interview. Either way, I think it went pretty well. The AdCom officer (Dana) was really friendly, which helped calm my nerves. It had just snowed, so we chatted a little before we got down to the questions. It is a blind interview, so she had not read any part of my application. I first gave her a one minute rundown of my resume, and then she asked the following questions:

• Why an MBA?
  • Why BU?
  • Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role. What did you learn about yourself?
  • Tell me about a time when it made more sense for you to be a teammate than a leader.
  • How did you deal with a change in the status quo? (I think I kind of flubbed up on this one)
  • What do you think is your greatest personal accomplishment (totally outside of your work experience)?

Although she asked a lot of questions, there was still plenty of time for me to ask questions, and it lasted about 30 minutes. She said that she is going to send in her notes on our interview, and then another AdCom Officer is going to read my application. I should hear an answer around Feb. 10.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
hbvincent wrote:

I just had my interview this morning. I live in DC and luckily an AdCom person came down to have interviews at a local hotel. In retrospect, I think it would have been nice to go to BU and have a tour and interview. Either way, I think it went pretty well. The AdCom officer (Dana) was really friendly, which helped calm my nerves. It had just snowed, so we chatted a little before we got down to the questions. It is a blind interview, so she had not read any part of my application. I first gave her a one minute rundown of my resume, and then she asked the following questions:

• Why an MBA?
  • Why BU?
  • Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role. What did you learn about yourself?
  • Tell me about a time when it made more sense for you to be a teammate than a leader.
  • How did you deal with a change in the status quo? (I think I kind of flubbed up on this one)
  • What do you think is your greatest personal accomplishment (totally outside of your work experience)?

Although she asked a lot of questions, there was still plenty of time for me to ask questions, and it lasted about 30 minutes. She said that she is going to send in her notes on our interview, and then another AdCom Officer is going to read my application. I should hear an answer around Feb. 10.

Hope this helps!

Hi hbvincent,

Thanks for sharing. I already interviewed last week as well, and it went pretty much the same way.

Why an MBA?
Why BU?
Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role. What did you learn about yourself?
What will you bring to BUSM?

...very standard I guess.

She also told me that I will know Feb 10 or a couple of days earlier.

Where can I check the status of their decision??? Do you have a link where you can check?

Thanks, and good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ready2go wrote:
hbvincent wrote:

• Why an MBA?
  • Why BU?

Hope this helps!

Hi hbvincent,

Thanks for sharing. I already interviewed last week as well, and it went pretty much the same way.

Why an MBA?
Why BU?
Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role. What did you learn about yourself?
What will you bring to BUSM?

...very standard I guess.

She also told me that I will know Feb 10 or a couple of days earlier.

Where can I check the status of their decision??? Do you have a link where you can check?

Thanks, and good luck!

She said that I would receive an email, but if you email MBA@BU.edu with your question about the link, some one will get back to you really quickly.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.15
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Thanks to all the guys who provided some insight into the interview process. But actually I am missing one major question, "Walk me through your resume?" or "Tell me about yourself!".

Were these questions not asked by the interviewer?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
amirkabir wrote:
Thanks to all the guys who provided some insight into the interview process. But actually I am missing one major question, "Walk me through your resume?" or "Tell me about yourself!".

Were these questions not asked by the interviewer?

It's a blind interview, so she started off with asking for my resume and then to give her a one minute run through. She then jumped into the usual questions of Why an MBA, etc. Throughout the interview you will see opportunities to inject little aspects about yourself. I tried to tell a different story with each question, connecting various personal and professional experiences with who I am, why I am pursuing an MBA, why BU is a good fit for my personality, and what I can bring to the community.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys,

Just finished my interview today here in Bangalore today!

The interviewer was bang on time and the interview took place for about 20-25 mins.

I guess I did show signs of nervousness as I spoke quite fast and I had to repeat a few times since he could not get me the first time around.

On the Whole the interview was OK. Hoping for the best. He told me that they would start sending out decisions in batches Feb 10th Onwards!

Based on my goals he suggested that I apply for a MS-MBA program, I hope that doesnt affect my candidature.

Some questions I can think of:

Why MBA?
Why BU?
post MBA goals?
example of innovation at work?
example of comprise for the sake of team/company?
Leadership example?
what is the most challenging leadership quality?
Greatest achievement outside of work?

It was a pleasant one. I feel I could have done better if not for my nerves.
Keeping fingers crossed!

All the best guys!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
I just had my interview yesterday as well via Skype. The questions are exactly as most people have posted on the thread:

Off the top of my head:

Resume Walk-through
Why MBA (and career goals)
Why BU (and what diversity you will bring)
Leadership experience
What activities you do for fun

The only surprise was the follow-up to the last question - I was asked how those activities enrich my professional life.

Due to nerves, I think my answers sounded a bit rehearsed...oh well, lessons learned. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Carey (A)
GPA: 3.7
WE:Asset Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I also had my interview yesterday via Skype(I live in Saudi Arabia)
The questions are almost the same as written on previous posts, with few variations.

At the first the interviewer, Elizabeth, asked me to walk her through my resume starting with my first job after college.
I didn't get the innovation question but I was asked how do I see my career evolve immediately after BU. she also asked me, how will I add value to my cohort and classmates.

I should have kept some of my answers focused and narrowed, instead of talking about the bigger picture and why I have taken this decision or that.

Simply put, I feel I could have done much better, but well I hope what I did was more than enough to get a nod :-)

See you again on the 10th of Feb, hopefully with the good news.
Good luck to all of you.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72903 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I am excited to announce that the admissions team from Boston University MBA team has joined GMAT Club forums and is avialable to answer any questions (please no profile evals)

ask-boston-university-school-of-management-admissions-126473.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all - it's decision week for both FT and PT applicants. Any R2 applicants hear anything yet?

Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Carey (A)
GPA: 3.7
WE:Asset Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
bww2004 wrote:
Hi all - it's decision week for both FT and PT applicants. Any R2 applicants hear anything yet?

Good luck to all!

I am a R2 applicant. The addcom stressed on the release date (10 FEB), so I guess there wont be any responses before that date.

Fingers crossed!
-F
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q36 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi All:

I also have applied R2, completed my interview, and am waiting for the decision. I too heard that the date was February 10, although I was given the impression that some decisions might be released a bit earlier. I guess we'll see by Friday!

Wish everyone best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah, I'd heard repeatedly that they would try to get them out before the 10th. Hopefully the fact we haven't heard yet doesn't mean we got dinged even AFTER getting an interview. I guess we have a few days...good luck everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts