Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 06:56 It is currently 02 May 2024, 06:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [2]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Nonprofit, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
good to know method! Today I talked to a girl who I met visiting Stern in the fall - she said her Ross interviewer was stressful, but she thinks her experience was the exception and that most people had good experiences. Good luck- hope you get in!

Vamos azul indeed!
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
kheti wrote:
suchdaddy wrote:
Any new haas or ucla news from anyone?

Posted from my mobile device

Got an UCLA interview invite on Thursday... still no word from Haas :cry: the fact that UCLA came so late encourages me, since they're both public cali schools, i would imagine their process may be similar.

Wow! Glad to hear they have started rolling their invites.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
gablaze23 wrote:
kheti wrote:
suchdaddy wrote:
Any new haas or ucla news from anyone?

Got an UCLA interview invite on Thursday... still no word from Haas :cry: the fact that UCLA came so late encourages me, since they're both public cali schools, i would imagine their process may be similar.

Wow! Glad to hear they have started rolling their invites.

They offered in person or locally with Alumni... they stressed that there is no preference given to coming there. My guess is that they do this because they know they have less time to complete them in than other schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,

I'm new to this, but thought I'd share my experience so far:

Tuck: Self-initiated interview
Kenan-Flagler: Self-initated interview

Ross: Invited to interview: on-campus
McCombs: Invited to interview: alumni
Kelley: Invited to interview: on-campus

Anderson: No word, nada, zilch, zero :(
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
arzad wrote:
I'm very happy and glad to inform that I just got the call from Johnson!!!! :)
I'm in!!!
I'm a Rd-2 applicant and I was interviewed on Feb. 10th.

Woot Woot!!! Go you!! Congratulations :clap: :woohoo :wave
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Send PM
Kudos
method wrote:
suertegirl wrote:
How did Consortium weekend go at Ross? I got my invite on the 10th, but couldn't swing it in time. I am going next week, any tips?

Was a great time! The highlights for me were the awesome bunch of candidates and a hilarious recorded video from Consortium rep AJ Watson. Sorry you couldn't make it, but I'm sure you're going to have a great experience too! The common theme throughout the day was relax. It's a very stress free interview. You should know they like you and that they want to put a face with the name.

Good luck and vamos azul!

Glad you had a great time Method! I also loved Ross.. the folks (candidates, students and alumni alike) I met during the Diversity weekend were fantastic! I had a pure blast there. I'm glad to see that wasnt a one-off event/occurence.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Operations
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
I've been lurking for a minute, but now that I've finished all aspects of my application process (had my McCombs interview today) I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who've been posting for a while. I decided a bit late in the process that I was going to apply for entry in Fall 2012, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to study for the GMAT and put my applications together (I started sometime in November last year after Kellogg Diversity Preview). Anyways, the information I was able to pick up in this forum has been extremely valuable so thanks again. Good luck to you all (and congrats to those with accepts).
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
Received my decision letter. Got my first ding, but I expected this so it's not really difficult.

Originally posted by gablaze23 on 20 Feb 2012, 15:08.
Last edited by gablaze23 on 20 Feb 2012, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE:Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone getting their good news!.....

I had my Mccombs interview last Friday on-campus. Dude walked in with no paper, no pen, and said he read my resume.... So I figured it was a "do I need to keep you out of my school interview" compared to Kellogg where it was dang near 2 hrs and he was reviewing my resume and taking notes.

Haas and UCLA are really starting to give me the red ass. March 1st is right around the corner and many of use are sitting here holdin out collective breathes. I would like to get my life back.

Retired Thread Master
Send PM
suchdaddy wrote:

I had my Mccombs interview last Friday on-campus. Dude walked in with no paper, no pen, and said he read my resume.... So I figured it was a "do I need to keep you out of my school interview" compared to Kellogg where it was dang near 2 hrs and he was reviewing my resume and taking notes.

Haas and UCLA are really starting to give me the red ass. March 1st is right around the corner and many of use are sitting here holdin out collective breathes. I would like to get my life back.

What is happening March 1st? I thought UCLA are releasing decisions this April?

Also, first reported UCLA interview invite was last Thursday. I think there's plenty of time :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Yeah the Haas situation is weird...they haven't invited anyone from Rd-2 and they are supposed to make a decision in about 15-20 days for the consortium draft. I don't know what is going on!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
arzad wrote:
Yeah the Haas situation is weird...they haven't invited anyone from Rd-2 and they are supposed to make a decision in about 15-20 days for the consortium draft. I don't know what is going on!!!!

It's beyond weird.

I ranked them first, and they are the only school I haven't heard from. It's really driving me crazy. :roll:

I'm still holding out hope- I figure if i don't hear by weds. it's over. Does anyone know if they prefer on campus interviews? I can't imagine how I would be able to swing that visit on such short notice.

Has anyone in round 2 even got a ding from Haas?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gablaze23 wrote:
suchdaddy wrote:

Posted from my mobile device Posted from my mobile device

Also, first reported UCLA interview invite was last Thursday. I think there's plenty of time :)

I agree about UCLA. My invite was from an admissions team member, not an automated list serve, so there's more work involved in getting them all out. there is definitely still time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
kheti wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:
suchdaddy wrote:

I agree about UCLA. My invite was from an admissions team member, not an automated list serve, so there's more work involved in getting them all out. there is definitely still time.

I have yet to receive any notification from UCLA that they received my application. Did you get one before you got your interview invite? Did they call you about the interview or was it via email?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE:Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
kheti wrote:
gablaze23 wrote:
suchdaddy wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing about the March 1st, but I was more so referring to Haas... But that April 1st date ucla gave is b.s.... The woman at ucla told me that same thing, then I asked her "how could you go to the cgsm draft without knowing who all of your cgsm candidates are"....dull uninformed silence.... Hold on please....then she said "I'm not familiar with what that is"...... I start getting pissed.... then she waitd about 7 mins to tell me the cgsm adcom rep is not in and April 1st won't be our date, other that she had no other info.

Oh yea, I forgot, I called consortium after that and they said "no way" the schools have to come to the draft prepared with thier fellowship candidates... So we could still get in to ucla after the draft but we would prob not be getting cgsm money... Not even sure about being considered fellows at all after that point.

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
suchdaddy wrote:
Oh yea, I forgot, I called consortium after that and they said "no way" the schools have to come to the draft prepared with thier fellowship candidates... So we could still get in to ucla after the draft but we would prob not be getting cgsm money... Not even sure about being considered fellows at all after that point.

edit: well I had a whole reply written up and then I realized that I'm not sure what you meant. Did CGSM say that schools do or do not come to the draft prepared? I can read it both ways in your text lol
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V46
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Psshh UCLA. USC is clearly the superior school in every which way ;)

(for those that are unaware, there's an enormous cross-town rivalry between the two schools)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  62   63   64   65   66  ...  118   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts