Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 15:06 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
mdk250 wrote:
Does anybody know when R3 interview invites will start going out? Have they already?

They have started, at least one was reported in this thread last week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I had my interview today.
Off-campus, in my interviewers office.
Very few questions (or less than I expected).

Walk me through your resume, why MBA, why Berkeley, tell me about your team-work experience, how would you define your type of leadership. Any questions?

Much faster than what I expected. All-in it was 45 minutes, including introduction.
Hope I get accepted.
I really want to get into Haas.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.76
WE:Science (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Just received my interview invite today! R3 applicant, located in Boston.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Got an R3 interview invite today. Based in New Delhi, India. That makes it 5 for 5 :D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
Does anybody know the approximate ratios (obviously it varies year to year) to which Haas accepts folks from the waitlist? I was waitlisted w/out interview, will be interviewing tommorow (iA).

Is it completely hopeless? I'm guessing given the class size its probably a tough waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GPA: 3.58
WE:Management Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
spacecurves wrote:
Just received my interview invite today! R3 applicant, located in Boston.

Congrats! Do you know when your app went under review?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mooze wrote:
Does anybody know the approximate ratios (obviously it varies year to year) to which Haas accepts folks from the waitlist? I was waitlisted w/out interview, will be interviewing tommorow (iA).

Is it completely hopeless? I'm guessing given the class size its probably a tough waitlist.

I would estimate around 20%. This is very rough math based on 1. Last year it was reported there were 480 people on the wait list. 2. Haas has an yield of ~55%. ( (.45)(240)/480=23%). Logically it makes sense because you are now twice as likely to get in as before.

But I don't think it is purely math... if you rock your interview I think they would probably float you to the top. Good luck and rock it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Send PM
FunTime wrote:
mooze wrote:

I would estimate around 20%. This is very rough math based on 1. Last year it was reported there were 480 people on the wait list. 2. Haas has an yield of ~55%. ( (.45)(240)/480=23%). Logically it makes sense because you are now twice as likely to get in as before.

But I don't think it is purely math... if you rock your interview I think they would probably float you to the top. Good luck and rock it!

Well the yield ratio holds good only for people who are offered a seat and who actually take it up. Nothing is known about the number of seats that are actually passed on to the next round. You see, as per last year's posts, the wait-listed candidates are reviewed after the seat confirmation deadline of every round. There were R1 wait-listed candidates who were retained till June!

True figures were arguably posted by Business week and have featured in last years thread.

# Applicants wait-listed during the last admissions cycle: 472
# Wait-listed applicants admitted for the semester to which they applied: 19

I had applied in R3 last year and was wait-listed. They sent me directives which could be employed so as to improve my candidacy. You too will be getting that email soon, alternatively (Rather please do) please scan through pages 66-70 from last year's thread, here: calling-all-berkeley-haas-fall-2011-applicants-93931-1340.html

I have again applied in R3 this year, and this year around its the only school I have applied to. They say you mature with every application that you write. My Haas application process last year was an epiphany! MBA applications are a great source of introspection and inspiration! They help you focus your energies on things that matter in life!

So don't loose hope and keep the spirits high!

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Indya wrote:
FunTime wrote:
mooze wrote:

Well the yield ratio holds good only for people who are offered a seat and who actually take it up. Nothing is known about the number of seats that are actually passed on to the next round. You see, as per last year's posts, the wait-listed candidates are reviewed after the seat confirmation deadline of every round. There were R1 wait-listed candidates who were retained till June!

True figures were arguably posted by Business week and have featured in last years thread.

I had applied in R3 last year and was wait-listed. They sent me directives which could be employed so as to improve my candidacy. You too will be getting that email soon, alternatively (Rather please do) please scan through pages 66-70 from last year's thread, here: calling-all-berkeley-haas-fall-2011-applicants-93931-1340.html

I have again applied in R3 this year, and this year around its the only school I have applied to. They say you mature with every application that you write. My Haas application process last year was an epiphany! MBA applications are a great source of introspection and inspiration! They help you focus your energies on things that matter in life!

All the best!

Right... there are many ways to look at incomplete information... I think the rough estimate should be around 20%, with your method too.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Indya wrote:
FunTime wrote:
mooze wrote:

All the best!

Looking at that thread, it looks like there was an abnormal bulge in the size of the waitlist. Apparently it ballooned to 400,...whereas Haas is saying they like to keep it between 100-200.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
mooze wrote:
Looking at that thread, it looks like there was an abnormal bulge in the size of the waitlist. Apparently it ballooned to 400,...whereas Haas is saying they like to keep it between 100-200.

400 waitlisters already???
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
happyface wrote:
mooze wrote:

400 waitlisters already???

That was a couple of years ago,..don't know what this year's is. BUt basically the feeling i got from that thread was that getting off the haas waitlist is like a pipedream. 19 out of 400. not good odds at all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
All these days my application status said 'Application under Review', and now it says 'The last application round has passed. Applications are now closed.'

Since I haven't heard from them yet, should I assume this to be a ding?

I'm a Round 3 international applicant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
pavithrajoshi wrote:
All these days my application status said 'Application under Review', and now it says 'The last application round has passed. Applications are now closed.'

I doubt it.
Mine says the same thing - and I've been admitted.

My interviewer (off campus) said not to draw too many conclusions from these things because it's a small adcom and they aren't as prompt at sending out status updates at some other schools.

Having said that, I'm getting concerned because a week and a half later I still haven't received an admit letter or admit pack, and with deposit deadline of 3/20, that leaves me mere days to decide (and I basically need to decide by the 15th, because I'm out of the country between then and the 21st, so a) not receiving mail (should admit pack come at that time), and b) not online/ connected (so can't pay the deposit after the 15th)

They're really cutting it close! I do feel it's a bit unfair for them to take 3+ months to review our app, and then give us just days to make a decision - the R2 deposit deadline really should be at some point in April.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.67
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
scielle wrote:
pavithrajoshi wrote:

I doubt it.
Mine says the same thing - and I've been admitted.

My interviewer (off campus) said not to draw too many conclusions from these things because it's a small adcom and they aren't as prompt at sending out status updates at some other schools.

Having said that, I'm getting concerned because a week and a half later I still haven't received an admit letter or admit pack, and with deposit deadline of 3/20, that leaves me mere days to decide (and I basically need to decide by the 15th, because I'm out of the country between then and the 21st, so a) not receiving mail (should admit pack come at that time), and b) not online/ connected (so can't pay the deposit after the 15th)

They're really cutting it close! I do feel it's a bit unfair for them to take 3+ months to review our app, and then give us just days to make a decision - the R2 deposit deadline really should be at some point in April.

If it makes you feel better, there wasn't really a whole lot in the admit packet that isn't already on the admitted students website. You can probably send an email to the contact they gave you asking about your packet, though.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sej616 wrote:
If it makes you feel better, there wasn't really a whole lot in the admit packet that isn't already on the admitted students website.

Thanks - it does!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GPA: 3.75
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
pavithrajoshi wrote:

On the main page mine says application round has passed, but if I click the "Status Report" link, it still says under review. I think it's way too early to assume a ding as it seems like they haven't even released too many interview invites for round 3 yet. I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  41   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts