Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 21:12 It is currently 04 May 2024, 21:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 510 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
mooze wrote:
robhunter wrote:
mooze wrote:
What effect will the international loan changes have on the waitlist? I'm assuming it will positively effect only those intl applicants on the waitlist,..since Ross would want to maintain a domestic/intl balance.

Not sure I understand your logic? They may want to maintain a domestic/intl balance, but that will be challenging if they don't have any way for international students to pay for attendance, especially since Ross wasn't particularly forthcoming with the changes to the loan program (I would likely have not applied had I know) - so either the calibre of the international student they admit drops, or the split between domestic/international changes.

Interesting,..i just thought that many/most internationals would be willing or able to find a cosigner. You really think the changes will have that much of an impact?

I am from Asia and got admit in R1. So far I have been communicating with other fellow admits in my region. We are having similar difficulties to finance for Ross MBA after it officially gave up offering non-cosigner loans for international students.

If I knew that earlier, I would have applied to another/additional school at similar ranking with such loans. It’s quite painful now as I still have no solution on my financing.
Aringo Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Fellows,
Does anyone know how to join Google Group? Or as some said before, Ross Adcom will send e-mails enabling access to the group?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
amaterasu wrote:
Fellows,
Does anyone know how to join Google Group? Or as some said before, Ross Adcom will send e-mails enabling access to the group?

You can ask for permission to join the group through your personal Ross' page. They will add manually, I think.
Aringo Consultant
Send PM
ulm wrote:
amaterasu wrote:
Fellows,

You can ask for permission to join the group through your personal Ross' page. They will add manually, I think.

Thanks for the info...You mean the wolverine page aka New & Prospective Student Center...However, I could not find any link to ask for permission
Aringo Consultant
Send PM
An additional question:
How can waitlisted applicants send additional recommendation letters ? Is there an option to do that ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
GS18 wrote:
well puts me in a fix since my other option ISB starts classes on Apr 14! once i pay the first installment for the fee there ... will be invested in with a huge amount of Money! damm... not sure what i do... Love Ross but cant give up my seat at ISb for it!!! :(

Perhaps you can try and convince ISB to give you a 1 year deferral. I think you need to write a very convincing letter stating a really strong reason, also external influence (A senior alum etc) can help. If Ross works out - Great or else you can still go to ISB next April.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
mohit11 wrote:
GS18 wrote:
well puts me in a fix since my other option ISB starts classes on Apr 14! once i pay the first installment for the fee there ... will be invested in with a huge amount of Money! damm... not sure what i do... Love Ross but cant give up my seat at ISb for it!!! :(

Perhaps you can try and convince ISB to give you a 1 year deferral. I think you need to write a very convincing letter stating a really strong reason, also external influence (A senior alum etc) can help. If Ross works out - Great or else you can still go to ISB next April.

Well thats a good advice considering i still graduate 2014! but as it stands im sure ISB will not provide a deferal and to b frank career wise I willnot gain anything this year by staying back and working an extra year!

At the end Ross is AWESOME!! but ISB aint that bad.... I guess just need to get my priorities and head straight and take a decision in the next 2 days! :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
amaterasu wrote:
ulm wrote:
amaterasu wrote:
Fellows,

Thanks for the info...You mean the wolverine page aka New & Prospective Student Center...However, I could not find any link to ask for permission

it's on your main page: https://www.bus.umich.edu/MyiMpact/StudentLife.aspx
"Join the Google Group"
Do you see that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 500 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
GS18 wrote:
mohit11 wrote:
GS18 wrote:

Well thats a good advice considering i still graduate 2014! but as it stands im sure ISB will not provide a deferal and to b frank career wise I willnot gain anything this year by staying back and working an extra year!

At the end Ross is AWESOME!! but ISB aint that bad.... I guess just need to get my priorities and head straight and take a decision in the next 2 days! :(

Hey ISB is an excellent school! You can't lose

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 510 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I'v registered in Wolverine and founded 'New & Prospective Student Business'.
And there is a Scholarship section there 'View Financial Aid Award Summary'.
As for me, right now it is empty. Does it mean that i have no scholarship at all?
Aringo Consultant
Send PM
Quote:
"Join the Google Group"
Do you see that?

Ulm,
Thank you, but I still cannot find it...I see a menu on top of the page: It says Home Calender Academics Career...and so on
After those, comes other useful information section where I also did not find anything about the group. However, the site has acknowledged me...I can see my name appearing on the right top..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
amaterasu wrote:
Quote:
"Join the Google Group"
Do you see that?

Ulm,
Thank you, but I still cannot find it...I see a menu on top of the page: It says Home Calender Academics Career...and so on
After those, comes other useful information section where I also did not find anything about the group. However, the site has acknowledged me...I can see my name appearing on the right top..

It is in the body of the Student Life page. You will see a picture of Soojin with a 'Welcome' link and right under that there is 'Join the Google Group'
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
For those admitted wanting a timeline on things (when you need to accept and put deposit, etc.), there is a checklist on the student life section:

https://www.bus.umich.edu/MyiMpact/StudentLife.aspx

On the right under "Take a Look", look for "Master Checklist for Admitted Students"
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
afyl128 wrote:
GS18 wrote:

Hey ISB is an excellent school! You can't lose

Posted from my mobile device

Yep it is but its not as great as Ross..... not yet!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
GS18 wrote:
mohit11 wrote:
GS18 wrote:

I think you need to work out a strategy to get that deferral. Its difficult but not impossible (pm me and perhaps we can think of a strategy). I think you should also consider the ROI and costs. ISB is approximately 1/3 the cost of the Ross MBA. While ROI figures for Ross are great, economy is absolutely impossible to predict and and an ISB MBA gets you back into the market quicker.

The real difference is the MBA experience and i think this is where Ross wins. The international classmates, world class facilities and professors and an unbeatable alumni network. Ross is an growing brand in the emerging markets so by the time we graduate, we might benefit from such a scenario.

I understand how a difficult choice you have. Good luck. Remember, there is no wrong choice. Maktub as they say it in Arabic :)

Originally posted by Rosser on 16 Mar 2012, 06:48.
Last edited by Rosser on 16 Mar 2012, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
mohit11 wrote:
I think you need to work out a strategy to get that deferral. Its difficult but not impossible (pm me and perhaps we can think of a strategy). I think you should also consider the ROI and costs. ISB is approximately 1/3 the cost of the Ross MBA. While ROI figures for Ross are great, economy is absolutely impossible to predict and and an ISB MBA gets you back into the market quicker.

The real difference is the MBA experience and i think this is where Ross wins. The international classmates, world class facilities and professors and an unbeatable alumni network. Ross is an growing brand in the emerging markets so by the time we graduate, we might benefit from such a scenario.

I understand how difficult choice you have. Good luck. Remember, there is not wrong choice. Maktub as they say it in Arabic :)

Maktub and mabrook for having good choices.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I am an applicant from India and was waitlisted in R2 after interview. My GMAT Score was 700 Q 51 V 33

Do you think, taking TOEFL will have any impact on my application or should I rather focus on other professional or personal achievements for the update during this waitlist period. Please suggest
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  71   72   73   74   75   76   77  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts