Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:11 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink]
Kudos
I feel you pain, I was in the same situation :( However, I would not give up until end of May. (this was my original plan when I learned that I was being WL). Let them time to assess the quality of R3, and balance the class. The past showed that they make significant (i.e., more than 3 or 4 people at once) revisions of the waitlist unlit end of May. After, it seems that they don't review the WL so often. And you have to think about your own interest:classes begin the 27th of August, the big deposit has to be made at end of July, and with all the preparation you have to do (pre-reading, accomodation, visa, give up rent, give up job, etc.) I see it challenging to organize in less than 3 months.

Total number 434 today, with the breakdown for the more common nationalities (others nationalities have less than 10 people so over-representation is not an issue):
nationality tot M F
american 53 32 21
indian 51 32 19
french 35 26 9
british 27 20 7
canadian 29 22 7
chinese 28 13 15
german 15 11 4
italian 18 15 3
lebanese 18 15 3
brazilian 17 12 5
australian 13 6 7
belgian 13 12 1
spanish 12 10 2
dutch 9 6 3
singaporean 10 5 5

Then, a little opportunity analysis. Let's say that they feel the girls are missing if they represent less than 25% for each nationality. Then the following nationalities DO NOT miss girls (and so, being a men should be neutral on your WL process):
american
indian
french
british
chinese
german
brazilian
australian
dutch
singaporean
japanese
russian
bulgarian
swiss
taiwanese
korean
turkish
ukrainian
greek
romanian
egyptian
iranian
swedish
vietnamese
chilean
thai
bosnian
emiri
finnish
indonesian
lithuanian
moldovian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Balky7 - Thanks!

I also think that it is difficult to get arranged in less than 3 months.
Crossing finger..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Balky7,

Thanks for the info. Based on what you gave, I made some assumption. Wonder if you and other guys can give me some feedback.

According to the below, the total is 434 and female # is supposed to be about 30% (though you said it should be more than 25%) And their target size seems to be about 500. Thus about 66 seats are left and if I remember it right, there are about 65 nationalities on the list. And their target # of nationalities seems to be about 80. So about 15 will be picked up from countries from which INSEAD did not picked yet to reach their target # of countries. So 51 seats left. And major 15 countries listed below seems to be full already. (no offense, just my rough calculation). Then, possibilities seem to be more with 51 people from countries other than 15 major & 15 minor countries. Of course R3 candidates will be prioritized. And gender ratio should be counted. If my rough calculation were right, I guess it's worth wait at least until the end of this month. After then, the problems balky7 mentioned should be considered seriously.

One good thing is that this long wait experience taught me how to live on while waiting. Let's see what happens in couple of weeks.

Thanks again balky7.

balky7 wrote:
I feel you pain, I was in the same situation :( However, I would not give up until end of May. (this was my original plan when I learned that I was being WL). Let them time to assess the quality of R3, and balance the class. The past showed that they make significant (i.e., more than 3 or 4 people at once) revisions of the waitlist unlit end of May. After, it seems that they don't review the WL so often. And you have to think about your own interest:classes begin the 27th of August, the big deposit has to be made at end of July, and with all the preparation you have to do (pre-reading, accomodation, visa, give up rent, give up job, etc.) I see it challenging to organize in less than 3 months.

Total number 434 today, with the breakdown for the more common nationalities (others nationalities have less than 10 people so over-representation is not an issue):
nationality tot M F
american 53 32 21
indian 51 32 19
french 35 26 9
british 27 20 7
canadian 29 22 7
chinese 28 13 15
german 15 11 4
italian 18 15 3
lebanese 18 15 3
brazilian 17 12 5
australian 13 6 7
belgian 13 12 1
spanish 12 10 2
dutch 9 6 3
singaporean 10 5 5

Then, a little opportunity analysis. Let's say that they feel the girls are missing if they represent less than 25% for each nationality. Then the following nationalities DO NOT miss girls (and so, being a men should be neutral on your WL process):
american
indian
french
british
chinese
german
brazilian
australian
dutch
singaporean
japanese
russian
bulgarian
swiss
taiwanese
korean
turkish
ukrainian
greek
romanian
egyptian
iranian
swedish
vietnamese
chilean
thai
bosnian
emiri
finnish
indonesian
lithuanian
moldovian
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Daikon9494 - Congratulations!!!! Balky7- Thank you for your continuous efforts to share the mbaconnect numbers.

All the WLs
The current number on MBAconnect does not look very promising for us concerning they had called some WLs (4-5) by this time last year after R2 deposition date and the number then was ~420. I am assuming they rolled out more admit offer in R2.

But I am sure we will hear some more good news. I hope, I pray! fingers crossed :)

I have created an excel sheet so that we can manage how many amongst us are in WL. It will take your 2 minutes. It will be great if you can share your information on

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... DMEE#gid=0

Feel free to edit/ add any field on the excel sheet, if required.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Got through!!!! :woohoo

Got the call today! Will start in Fonti in Aug. Was a R2 waitlisted candidate from India.

Don't lose hope people. All the best!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
I received a call yesterday. I'm in as well. I was a R2 applicant on the waitlist. Though now I'm torn between Kellogg's one year program and INSEAD.

My profile is Female, Lebanese/American, 700 GMAT, financial services and start up background.

Good luck everyone. If I don't accept I guess I'll open up one more spot for the rest of you on the waitlist!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats adanmikh!!! Can you give more details about your profile? What is your gender?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
azurius wrote:
Congrats adanmikh!!! Can you give more details about your profile? What is your gender?

Female, 5 yrs work ex. all in India with stints abroad
3.5 GPA, 680 GMAT, Good extra-currics.

This forum has helped a lot over the past few days. Will surely try to provide stats once I get the MBAConnect access. Once again, wish you all the best of luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I have a question for your guys: If a person on the waitlist sends an email notifying that he was admitted to another school and that he needs to pay nonrefundable deposit (etc etc). Will that email trigger a ding/admit? will it just be kindly ignored?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Balky - Any update to the total count on MBAConnect since your last post?

Thank you...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am in ! Got a call earlier today . Start in sing

This forum has been very helpful. Wish all of u the best and hang in there for ppl still waiting to hear back .I am frm the so called most difficult category - male, indian, finance !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Congrats Winter123...were you on waiting list from R1 or R2?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
personally speaking, i have done that and I have been kindly ignored :-)

ebay wrote:
Hi all,

I have a question for your guys: If a person on the waitlist sends an email notifying that he was admitted to another school and that he needs to pay nonrefundable deposit (etc etc). Will that email trigger a ding/admit? will it just be kindly ignored?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Send PM
Speaking from my R1 Waitlist experience, I did send an update email to inform INSEAD that I was accepted to another school, but I also included a career update (i had been promoted). In addition, I mentioned that INSEAD was my first choice and I would commit to attend if accepted.

I got through the WL a few weeks after.

However, I must clarify that I have no idea if it was because of my email or because they happen to not see any candidates of my similar profile in R2. I think it can only help if you write something succinct and clearly indicates that your desire is to attend INSEAD. Think of it this way, if lets say 50 people are on the waitlist, it can only help your case if they know out of those 50, you are committed to attending INSEAD (whereas the others who remained silent).

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
AVbyT wrote:
Balky - Any update to the total count on MBAConnect since your last post?

Thank you...

Hi, total count is 432 today. The R3 interview invites should occur until Friday the 20th, so after that we can hope for news...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
I am round 2 WL and just got an offer today. I didn't send a thing AdCom after waitlisted email. Now I have to choose between INSEAD and MIT Sloan......argh!!!!!

Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD, LBS, CBS, NYU
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Hi, I also have to decide between INSEAD and LBS, is there a facebook page (unofficial) where LBS admits chat freely ?

Thks !
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts