Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:46 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: LBS '14
Send PM
Re: And.. I start my GMAT Journey from here.... [#permalink]
Kudos
Don't take GMATPrep in vain! I know that you are very curious to know what your current level is, but I can guarantee you that it won't be near to the 700's. Moreover, if you fail to reach the 600's, you will definitely be very upset, which could seriously discourage you.

Talking about math, I was very sure that I am very good at math, but not until I took my GMATprep1 have I understood that I am lack of some math tips crucial for a good Q score. I would recommend you to devote a significant amount of time to MGMAT books. They comprise everything you must know about GMAT, in terms of basic principles. After that, go on with more complicated issues, typical of 700- level questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi....go through BB's study plan.....he advices taking GMAT prep 1 at the beginning : gmat-study-plan-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

And no, its not much of a waste.....its neccessary to gauge your true level.....and anyway even if u retake the GMATPrep test u'll find only very few overlaps....and especially if u take 4-6b months later then it'll almost seem like new....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Kudos
I think it's a good idea to take the GMATPrep test to determine what level you're at. Once you figured out some initial weaknesses, you can create a customized study plan for yourself.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: General MBA
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I second that you should use Manhattan GMAT Math Books as they are one of the best on the market. If you are also having some issues with Data Sufficiency, look at Veritas Prep GMAT Data Sufficiency. That one helps one who is sort of new to that question type to tackle those type of questions on the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Dear All,

Thank you very much for your responses. I am glad to receive so many responses for my questions. This forum rocks!

It's great to be here and know and communicate with many learned people like you guys. Highly appreciated !

While you all have given very good suggestions, i have selected my plan accordingly my capabilities:

1. I know that i need to work extensively on Match. So, i am going for MGMAT Books. I am planning to order all strategy books for Quant.

2. I am not going for any GMAT Test Prep now. I already know that i need to work hard in Math. It would be difficult to score even 30 in math if i give a test now. So, i will keep those intact once i am done with my all MGMAT Math Strategy books.

I know MGMAT is quite indepth and will take huge amount of time. I am also working and it hardly gives me 2 hours a day for study. Its gonna take long time to complete all 5 math strategy books. But, no option...! I need to do it.

Thank you all.

Regards,
GMAT Club Bot