Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 10:18 It is currently 01 May 2024, 10:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink]
cxb513 wrote:
Hi all! Thanks to everyone that has been posting here - I've followed it throughout my application journey. I got the call from LBS this morning, and I am in! Here is my background - 29 y/o female from the US, 7 years asset mgmt experience.

Can anyone tell me how long it will take for my formal offer to come/to get access to the portal? I have a million questions and not a lot of time!

congratulations, cxb513! There are only a handful of students accepted from the US (where I am as well), so I'm pleased to have the company :)

When I was accepted, I received the formal offer packet about 3 days later. The portal login was slower (about 2.5 weeks). Neither offered an overwhelming amount of information compared to what I learned from my student ambassador and from alumni I met.

If you would like, I am happy to post questions on the portal for you and/or to send you information related to your questions. I will PM you my email address and be happy to help however I can.

RWK
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '14 (I)
Send PM
Did the Admission committee meet this thursday.
If so has the results started coming in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: LBS '14 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
subudani wrote:
Did the Admission committee meet this thursday.
If so has the results started coming in.

usually they send out emails straight away, around 13.00 GMT. If you haven't received your decision yet, probably your application was not considered yet... maybe you should ask the adcom about the status? if your application was considered, you should have already received your decision... i think so.
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '14 (I)
Send PM
But are you sure that they send out mails about their decision immediately. Because so far i have not received any mail about being rejected/accepted.
Hopefully not dinged.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

What's the latest number of admits and acceptances/ people who have paid the commitment fees?

lbs2130
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Subudani,

The Adcom did meet this Thursday n has made a few R4 decisions.... If u haven't yet received an email (accept/reject) it only means that ur application was not taken up this Thursday. Don't worry, the good news is just gonna be delayed by another week. Best of luck!!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
vishnukanth wrote:
MIF LBS ADMISSION STATISTICS FROM VARIOUS SOURCES:

Total Applicants: ~700 (mentioned here @ gmatclub)
Shortlisted for interview: ~30% (by Morgane Fores, AdCom member in reply to my email)
Made the offer: ~70% of the interviewed (by Peter Johnson @ Apr 7, 2008)
Accepted the offer: ~85% of those made the offer (by Peter Johnson @ Apr 7, 2008)
Class size: ~125 (116 in 2011 intake)

If it helps... as per stats there are 120 admits (but that would include everyone to whom offer has been made - everyone who officially rejected so far - probably all those who have been offered but arent on the portal yet). 18 India, 15 China, 10 Singapore, 4 USA, and 3 UK
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: LBS '14 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
harh12 wrote:
If it helps... as per stats there are 120 admits (but that would include everyone to whom offer has been made - everyone who officially rejected so far - probably all those who have been offered but arent on the portal yet). 18 India, 15 China, 10 Singapore, 4 USA, and 3 UK

a small clarification: 120 admits includes people who either have already paid the commitment fee OR their deadline is not due yet (4 weeks after the official offer date).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Folks,

Any idea about the scholarship process? Is it included in the offer pack. When does the window close?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
coolbasil wrote:
Folks,

Any idea about the scholarship process? Is it included in the offer pack. When does the window close?

The applications for most scholarships are due by 04 June. There is one that has a deadline of 10 July.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rwkTX,

Thank you for the update. But how does one apply for these scholarships as the offer pack did not include any specific information.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
coolbasil wrote:
rwkTX,

Thank you for the update. But how does one apply for these scholarships as the offer pack did not include any specific information.

Any guesses anyone ! what would be target class size for 2012 class ?

Maybe that determines the scholarship competition. 2 Or 3 schol out of a class of 120 + is a tough call. Assuming the admits have about the same profile. The adcom must award at least 5 or 6.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
coolbasil wrote:
rwkTX,

Coolbasil,
The application is on the LBS portal under "My programme." If you do not have your portal login yet, PM me with your email address and I will send a copy of the forms to you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lifeiscricket wrote:
coolbasil wrote:
rwkTX,

Any guesses anyone ! what would be target class size for 2012 class ?

Maybe that determines the scholarship competition. 2 Or 3 schol out of a class of 120 + is a tough call. Assuming the admits have about the same profile. The adcom must award at least 5 or 6.

I suspect the target size is around 125 as somebody mentioned above. There are 119 records on the portal so far.
I don't believe that the # of scholarships available changes based on the size of the class. This is more a matter of donations received, etc. To be clear, however, here is the are more than 2 or 3 scholarships available based on different criteria. You can see a complete list here https://www.london.edu/programmes/mif/scholarships.html

RK
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys what do you think about this:

Late applications for the full-time MiF (August 2012 intake)We will continue to accept applications after the final deadline, as we expect to make a few offers to strong applicants who apply after the 01 May 2012 deadline.
If you wish to apply, you should satisfy all the following criteria:

You should have at least three years' relevant finance work experience You should have a GMAT score of at least 660 (with a verbal score of at least 30 and a quantitative score of at least 40); a higher score will of course add extra weight to an application. You cannot submit a late application without a GMAT score You must be able to leave your current employment and be on campus by 20 August 2012.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This is very strange. I feel that it doesn't make sense to increase the batch size of finance program in current macro environment.
I guess adcom anticipates some people will back out even after paying initial commitment fee.

lbs2130 wrote:
Guys what do you think about this:

Late applications for the full-time MiF (August 2012 intake)We will continue to accept applications after the final deadline, as we expect to make a few offers to strong applicants who apply after the 01 May 2012 deadline.
If you wish to apply, you should satisfy all the following criteria:

You should have at least three years' relevant finance work experience You should have a GMAT score of at least 660 (with a verbal score of at least 30 and a quantitative score of at least 40); a higher score will of course add extra weight to an application. You cannot submit a late application without a GMAT score You must be able to leave your current employment and be on campus by 20 August 2012.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got a call today from Morgane! AM IN for the part time MiF! see you guys in September!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts