Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink]
Hi All,

I am also new to the forum -went through on the thread last night and found bunch of useful informations. thanks a lot for that!

my profile: 5 years Investment Banking experience in Finance and Market Risk, upper second class undergraduate degree (~GPA 3.51), CFA level II candidate, part qualified ACCA accountant. After submitting my CV for initial screening, Peter Johnson encouraged me to apply to the weekend-format MiF starting Sep 2012.
I finalised and submitted my application on the 4th April, and got the confirmation a week later about that my application would be reviewed in Round 4.

I see that the official deadline for the interview decision in R4 is 27th April, so I am getting more and more breathless as the deadline is approaching.. :?

Congratulations for those who have already been admitted!

all the best,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
you're welcome, enri. i hope that it goes well for you :)

enri77 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the advice Ryan, you are very helpful.
I am not much worried about it but sure I will do homework before the interview!
e.

rwkTX wrote:
enri77 wrote:
Hi everybody!
On April 12th I received the invitation to the interview! I guess it will not be easy for them to find an alumnus around since I live in C. Asia, but let's see.
I am very excited and look forward to good news from all you members as well.
Ciao

Good luck, Enri. Don't forget to read the information below about other's interview experiences. Also, you should review the electives offered because your interviewer will likely ask you what electives you want to take. Before my interview I assumed this was just to test that you are familiar with the program. Now that I've been accepted and am reading more, however, I bet they ask because it helps them to assign you to a study group for your project.

Ryan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi,

Best of luck to all who have recently applied in R5 !

I got my shortlist em on 12th april and I still waiting for the interview. Any indian applicants here ? Who can throw some light on - how long it takes to setup an interview ? Is delhi a better choice of location or mumbai ?

wish me good luck. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
lifeiscricket wrote:
Hi,

Best of luck to all who have recently applied in R5 !

I got my shortlist em on 12th april and I still waiting for the interview. Any indian applicants here ? Who can throw some light on - how long it takes to setup an interview ? Is delhi a better choice of location or mumbai ?

wish me good luck. Thanks.

Hi there! I got the shortlist email on 12th April too but an interview hasn't been scheduled yet. Hopefully we shall hear something this week. I have given Mumbai as the preferred location.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Quote:
Hi there! I got the shortlist email on 12th April too but an interview hasn't been scheduled yet. Hopefully we shall hear something this week. I have given Mumbai as the preferred location.

Thanks overbored ! I too hope the long wait gets over this week, and best wishes for the interview ahead.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 262 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
WE:Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
imdapplicant2012 wrote:
Anyone has any ideas on the Cambridge MFin program. Sounds very similar to LBS MiF? Would Cambridge name not be better longer term than LBS?

It depends on what you are looking for. I think, Cambridge mfin is more academic programme than LBS MiF. Moreover, it targets market finance more, while LBS gives an option to choose also the corp finance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
hi,

I received today the confirmation email from Peter: I have been shortlisted for an interview!!!:) one final step...

all the best,
Csaba
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Coming back to the contentious topic of visas, is it true that non-EU MiF students will only be able to seek employment for two months after the completion of the course? I am sure admitted students would have done some research; any inputs guys? From what I have learnt if your program length is between 6 and 12 months you can stay in UK for two months after completion of the program. And if program length is more than 12 months then you can stay for four months. So MiF students would have only two months to seek employment. Am I missing something here?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
overbored wrote:
Coming back to the contentious topic of visas, is it true that non-EU MiF students will only be able to seek employment for two months after the completion of the course? I am sure admitted students would have done some research; any inputs guys? From what I have learnt if your program length is between 6 and 12 months you can stay in UK for two months after completion of the program. And if program length is more than 12 months then you can stay for four months. So MiF students would have only two months to seek employment. Am I missing something here?

The MiF programme is considered a 12 month programme and therefore, you can stay for upto 4 months after graduation provided you have a valid visa stamp on your passport. Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
spartan13 wrote:

The MiF programme is considered a 12 month programme and therefore, you can stay for upto 4 months after graduation provided you have a valid visa stamp on your passport. Hope this helps!

Thanks, spartan. Though I have to say its a bit strange since the program duration is ten months. Have you already obtained the visa or are in the process of obtaining it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
overbored wrote:
spartan13 wrote:

Thanks, spartan. Though I have to say its a bit strange since the program duration is ten months. Have you already obtained the visa or are in the process of obtaining it?

I am still trying to figure out a way to get a loan. It is very disappointing that the school does not have the HSBC loan scheme available yet. I never thought this could be a problem. Are there other schools facing a similar problem? Don't know what's holding up this process. Are the new work visa / immigration rules causing a problem?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
overbored wrote:
spartan13 wrote:

overbored, I have not yet applied for my visa (you must wait until 3 months before the program's start to apply) but have heard from Peter Johnson that the MiF FT program is classified by the UK as a year-long program. I believe this is because London Business School actually confers the degrees each September. While classes are over and there is no requirement to remain in London, the program technically is active for 13 months (from August to the following September).

I hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I've offered a place in the MiF program. I am debating whether to go as it means a massive loss in salary and given the issues with UK (and world) economy, esp for people trying to get a job in finance.

So would people who have accepted say what their plans are? Obviously, the chances of working in the UK are close to zero, so you will likely go back home after the program. Is then this program worth it ?

Thx.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
imdapplicant2012 wrote:
I've offered a place in the MiF program. I am debating whether to go as it means a massive loss in salary and given the issues with UK (and world) economy, esp for people trying to get a job in finance.

So would people who have accepted say what their plans are? Obviously, the chances of working in the UK are close to zero, so you will likely go back home after the program. Is then this program worth it ?

Thx.

I think this depends on your objective. If your goal is a job in London and you don't have another means to qualify for a work visa, then it may not be worth it.

This said, I think you really need to ask your question to your LBS ambassador. Of the students, prospects, and alumni I've met, they all matriculated of accepted and say that the program is worth the effort and that they would do it again. I think though that you need to be prepared to work harder for your job of you don't have an EUor UK work permit.

I myself am able to work only in the US and I'm going.

RK
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Underwriter (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi all,
A long time lurker and first time poster.
I have been admitted to MiF programme as well. Now looking for a way to finance it. :P
Hope to see you all if I make it to London this August.

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mano46 wrote:
Hi all,
A long time lurker and first time poster.
I have been admitted to MiF programme as well. Now looking for a way to finance it. :P
Hope to see you all if I make it to London this August.

Cheers

Congratulations, Mano! I am sending in my confirmation of acceptance along with my commitment fee today.

From where in Sri Lanka are you? One of my good friends in the US is Sinhalese and I have been to Colombo, Kandy, Dambulla, and Bentota (where I experienced the 2004 tsunami :( ) on a visit for her wedding.

rk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rwkTX wrote:
overbored wrote:
spartan13 wrote:

overbored, I have not yet applied for my visa (you must wait until 3 months before the program's start to apply) but have heard from Peter Johnson that the MiF FT program is classified by the UK as a year-long program. I believe this is because London Business School actually confers the degrees each September. While classes are over and there is no requirement to remain in London, the program technically is active for 13 months (from August to the following September).

I hope that helps.

That definitely helps. Thanks rwkTX!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts