Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 21:52 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q49  V35 GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink]
Another thing, not sure if you already know about it, I didn't and it cost me year!! so thought will share with you anyway: You need to show at least CHF 24,000 in your bank account and the bank should have at least one branch in Switzerland.

I fu#@!d up there last year and was denied visa and didn't enough time to re-apply!! Anyway, I hope nobody else goes through that, so for those who need a visa, wish you luck :)

Pradeep
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pradeepskunwar wrote:
Another thing, not sure if you already know about it, I didn't and it cost me year!! so thought will share with you anyway: You need to show at least CHF 24,000 in your bank account and the bank should have at least one branch in Switzerland.

I fu#@!d up there last year and was denied visa and didn't enough time to re-apply!! Anyway, I hope nobody else goes through that, so for those who need a visa, wish you luck :)

Pradeep

wow, thanks! that's pretty valuable information!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
pradeepskunwar wrote:

Pradeep

Does the 24.000CHF apply to students from within EU aswell?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@TomasRotmos - the condition is applicable only to those students who need a visa (so I don't think EU citizens need it). Here's the link which specifies the condition: https://www.unisg.ch/en/Studium/Zulassun ... vices.aspx

Pradeep
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi guys,

I am Greg from Hungary. I got my official letter in email today. (GMAT 720, GPA 4,2/5, 1 year full-time work in portfolio management)

Did everyone get the same letter when it comes to supplementary work? This is what I got:
Supplementary Work for Master´s Programmes in Business Administration ECTS
Credits
Compulsory Programme 20.00
Research Methods 6.00
Finance 6.00
Macroeconomics II 4.00
Business Law 4.00
Evidence of linguistic proficiency
Foreign Language Level I
Total number of credits to be earned 20.00

I took all these classes 1-2 years ago with the exact same name at our university, so thats why I am curious...

Other than that, EU residents do not need a VISA for basic requirements for VISA/permits check out this page:
www(dot)swissinfo(dot)ch/eng/Specials/Switzerland:_How_to/Education/Permits_and_visas.html?cid=29285514
Under EU it says that we only need to get a residence permit, for which we need to prove that we have the funding (it may be the 24k swissy!) the life insurance, and the offer from a university.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
hey guys, did you receive this letter by mail or email? I did not receive anything. It's just the status saying "zugelassen (mit vorbehalt)" when I login to my account. They said I have to submit 2 more things, but when do I get the letter specifying on which courses I still need to take. How do you submit a "Anrechnungsgesuch" ? What is that?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jaffnakid wrote:
hey guys, did you receive this letter by mail or email? I did not receive anything. It's just the status saying "zugelassen (mit vorbehalt)" when I login to my account. They said I have to submit 2 more things, but when do I get the letter specifying on which courses I still need to take. How do you submit a "Anrechnungsgesuch" ? What is that?

Email in the morning today. Dont worry, I dont think you have to do anything at the moment...
You have recieved the following email right?

"We are delighted to inform you that you have been admitted to the Master in Banking and Finance at the University of St.Gallen.
The official admission letter will be send within the next days."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Guys. New to the forum. Just got my confirmation a few days back. Got the letter saying I gotta take some credit courses as well, something I see a few of us have to take. Plus the german class as well. Seems like I gotta show up 10 days early for the course. Any ways justed wanted to say Hi before I see u all later
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Geri00 wrote:
jaffnakid wrote:

Email in the morning today. Dont worry, I dont think you have to do anything at the moment...
You have recieved the following email right?

"We are delighted to inform you that you have been admitted to the Master in Banking and Finance at the University of St.Gallen.
The official admission letter will be send within the next days."

Hehe actually no, that is why i am worried. It just says "zugelassen mit vorbehalt" and that a few documents are missing that need to be submitted by xy. I don't understand the purpose of "Anrechnungsgesuch". I will call them and find out -.-
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jaffnakid wrote:

Hey, it's the same with me.

No worries, there is no need to submit this crediting application. I think, they just have a system trouble cuz it also shows I should provide evidence of C1 proficiency in German.
Just wait a bit, I'm sure we'll get one soon (though only via email, they don't send physical letters, as they told me in the office).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Geri00 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am Greg from Hungary. I got my official letter in email today. (GMAT 720, GPA 4,2/5, 1 year full-time work in portfolio management)

Did everyone get the same letter when it comes to supplementary work? This is what I got:
Credits
Research Methods 6.00
Finance 6.00
Macroeconomics II 4.00
Business Law 4.00
Foreign Language Level I

I took all these classes 1-2 years ago with the exact same name at our university, so thats why I am curious...

Yeah, that's pretty much, but if you have programme description and you can provide evidence that you know those subjects, just drop an email to admission office. I'm sure,they may reconsider you supplementary courses...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If you haven't received the letter yet, you can ask for a scanned copy through email..Just done it, and I found out I have no extra courses to attend, luckily!

And they do send you an hard copy through post, they wrote it in the email I received..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So did any one actually receive a physical mail containing a letter of confirmation yet? I got the e-mail and then a general mail regarding what to expact at Gallen, housing, getting to the university, etc. They said they'd send it, but it's been almost 2 weeks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
IceColdVendetta wrote:
So did any one actually receive a physical mail containing a letter of confirmation yet? I got the e-mail and then a general mail regarding what to expact at Gallen, housing, getting to the university, etc. They said they'd send it, but it's been almost 2 weeks.

@IceColdVendetta - I received the physical copy of the letter in about 3 1/2 weeks after my status changed to admitted on the service portal, so I guess you'll receive it in the coming week.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey guys!!

I just wanted to know if anybody is interested in looking for a house together. Stacey (on the forum) thinks that it's easier (and cheaper) to rent an apartment with 3-4 rooms than finding a room in an apartment. Last year, before I was denied visa, I tried to find a room on my own but I could not find one. So I think it makes a lot of sense to find a house together.

@Stacey - Please add if you have additional comments/thoughts.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone :)

Pradeep
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Stacey wrote:
Geri00 wrote:
Hi guys,

Credits
Research Methods 6.00
Finance 6.00
Macroeconomics II 4.00
Business Law 4.00
Foreign Language Level I

Yeah, that's pretty much, but if you have programme description and you can provide evidence that you know those subjects, just drop an email to admission office. I'm sure,they may reconsider you supplementary courses...

Hi guys,

I'm also Greg from Hungary and I'm also joining MBF this fall with the same supplementary courses.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pradeepskunwar wrote:
Hey guys!!

I just wanted to know if anybody is interested in looking for a house together. Stacey (on the forum) thinks that it's easier (and cheaper) to rent an apartment with 3-4 rooms than finding a room in an apartment. Last year, before I was denied visa, I tried to find a room on my own but I could not find one. So I think it makes a lot of sense to find a house together.

@Stacey - Please add if you have additional comments/thoughts.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone :)

Pradeep

Yeah, that's pretty difficult to find anything now (way in advance) and reasonably priced, so finding a big apartment is the best option. Also it would be an advantage for some to live in English speaking environment (I mean, back to Austria, talk only German outside of Uni was pretty difficult for me). So I'm in for this!!

Cheers,

Stacey
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts