Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
 Q46  V29 GMAT 2: 670  Q46  V36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink]
alokalamban wrote:
Congrats everyone on this year's intake...

As a current student of HSG, Masters in economics,

here is alink to my blog about HSG, all comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.

https://alambanlives.blogspot.ch/2011/11 ... -days.html

@Alok
I have gone through your blog and has found it very informative. It gives a nice picture of what to expect at HSG. I would recommend all the students to go through the relevant posts on the blog.

Cheers!
Priyvrat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
IceColdVendetta wrote:
Hey guys, reading the earlier posts, I see that some of you have gotten an opportunity for a scholarship. I've got it too. Just curios as to how many people actually got the scholarship opportunity or is it that we all get that e-mail? Any ways, losing my mind about the housing. Is any one interested in sharing an apartment? I found a few places myself but I'm really not sure how close they are to the university. Also, I don't speak German causing a bit of a problem as I can tell. How are you guys going about the housing and lodging?

Yep, add me to "losing mind about housing" gang, just been in St. Gallen, all apartments are unfurnished and pretty small. I agree that the best way is to rent in a group of 3-4 ppl together.

I'm up to join anyone in housing search or even take responsibilities to organize everything:) my FB https://www.facebook.com/anastasia.kuskova.1

Have a nice summer everyone!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Stacey wrote:
IceColdVendetta wrote:
Hey guys, reading the earlier posts, I see that some of you have gotten an opportunity for a scholarship. I've got it too. Just curios as to how many people actually got the scholarship opportunity or is it that we all get that e-mail? Any ways, losing my mind about the housing. Is any one interested in sharing an apartment? I found a few places myself but I'm really not sure how close they are to the university. Also, I don't speak German causing a bit of a problem as I can tell. How are you guys going about the housing and lodging?

Yep, add me to "losing mind about housing" gang, just been in St. Gallen, all apartments are unfurnished and pretty small. I agree that the best way is to rent in a group of 3-4 ppl together.

I'm up to join anyone in housing search or even take responsibilities to organize everything:) my FB https://www.facebook.com/anastasia.kuskova.1

Have a nice summer everyone!!

I am in as well. Still looking for housing. It's either very expensive for some average room or the WG consists merely of bachelor students. I think it would be a great idea to establish a MBF-WG. I can also volunteer to organise. My FB is https://www.facebook.com/soosaithasan. I just wrote a message to a few of you who are also in the MBF 2012 FB group. So how does it sound? Anyone up for it? Let's discuss via Skype then.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'll be in St Gallen in the next days looking for housing, is anyone gonna be there?
I'm looking for a one-bedroom apartment, but if it's as difficult to find one as you say, then count on me for the WG, too!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:

I too have been shortlisted for the scholarship, which is meant for intl students. A total of 20 students have been shortlisted for the single grant. It will be extremely competitive. I predict luck to be playing a pivotal role as only 1 candidate out of 20 will make the cut.

It appears you have some inside information. 8-) How do you know a total of 20 have been shortlisted for the Starr grant? Who's on the committee and what are they looking for in the applications???

And who decides on the fellowships? When are we supposed to hear on those? Is the criteria pretty mch the same as the Starr grant?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, if somebody is going nuts about housing and looking for a nice WG in lovely living area of St. Gallen, let me know!
Attachments

ad.jpg
ad.jpg [ 38.97 KiB | Viewed 9681 times ]

Intern
Intern
Send PM
So I finally found a WG at a decent rate. Turns out I need insurance for casualties and damages. Problem is, no one here's giving insurance for a property in another country. Has any one else been through this?
P.S - looking forward to seeing u guys in Swissland

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Guys, congrats to everybody admitted :) Please keep me informed about how is it going , what is like in Saint Gallen. I am most likely going to apply in January for Autumn 2013.
btw, I didnt read the whole tread, did you reach a conclusion about approximate monthly budget at Saint Gallen ( rent + food + reasonable amount for going/eating out) :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ivan91 wrote:
Guys, congrats to everybody admitted :) Please keep me informed about how is it going , what is like in Saint Gallen. I am most likely going to apply in January for Autumn 2013.
btw, I didnt read the whole tread, did you reach a conclusion about approximate monthly budget at Saint Gallen ( rent + food + reasonable amount for going/eating out) :)

Check HSG website, they have all necessary information regarding living costs:)

https://www.unisg.ch/Studium/LebenInStGa ... ieren.aspx
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is anyone else having trouble contacting the university by e-mail? I receive mails from them but am unable to send them anything.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
IceColdVendetta wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble contacting the university by e-mail? I receive mails from them but am unable to send them anything.

Hey, if you still have troubles, just use your another e-mail account, such as yahoo or gmail. Their anti-spam system sometimes blocks regional accounts (this happened tome several times).

Hope it helps and you'll get in touch with uni's office! :)

Cheers,
Stacey
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Stacey, appreciate the help.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Hi guys, I know the HSG Banking Days were just over so if anyone has anything to share, that's much appreciated. I am especially interested to hear from an international student's perspective...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

Just a small question; with regards to the Motivation Letter, do you just answer the questions provided, or do you write a full essay with those points included, as you would do in any other uni?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived HSG Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our HSG Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated HSG Forum for all fresh things related to the HSG MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts