Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE:Accounting (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - Part-Time Applicant [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Three months and no reply????
How did that happen??!!

Anyhow let-s get cracking:
So, first your GMAT - Retake if you think you can get substantially better. I don't know what you were testing when you got sick, but if you confidently feel you can get 30+ points higher it is MOST definitely worth it, and it is the single thing that will most help your application.

Next your schools - They are a competitive list for you (I'm assuming you'll be applying to ALL of them - a good idea), but of course if you retake your GMAT and get higher, this list might be pushed up a little bit.

More questions??? Ask again! And we'll try and get to you quicker (although if you want a REALLY quick answer, post in our forum)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Three months and no reply????
How did that happen??!!

Anyhow let-s get cracking:
So, first your GMAT - Retake if you think you can get substantially better. I don't know what you were testing when you got sick, but if you confidently feel you can get 30+ points higher it is MOST definitely worth it, and it is the single thing that will most help your application.

Next your schools - They are a competitive list for you (I'm assuming you'll be applying to ALL of them - a good idea), but of course if you retake your GMAT and get higher, this list might be pushed up a little bit.

More questions??? Ask again! And we'll try and get to you quicker (although if you want a REALLY quick answer, post in our forum)

I was testing at a 650... I took the first GMAT Prep Test one month (4 weeks) before and the second GMAT Prep Test two weeks before, I scored the same on both. I really think 670 is at the top of my range, maybe 680 or 690 on a perfect day.

Now, I've decided only to apply to USC MBA.PM (my backup and a very nice program) and UCLA FEMBA (great campus and great program).

I went to the UCLA FEMBA Open House on October 13th and I was very impressed with both the current and prospective students. The admissions director said that he's really looking for diversity in work experience. He also said that he's denied three people with 770 GMATs (never denied 780+). So, unless I retake the GMAT and can get a 780, I think I'm just better off playing up my positive attributes. My score is balanced percentile wise, if it were off then I might worry a little more.
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi All,

General Education is organizing the MBA Application Strategy Workshop on 18th November 2012 in Mumbai.

Hear from an expert team comprising alumni of Top B-Schools - Harvard, Duke, Cornell, INSEAD, HEC and ISB on how to go about planning for the seemingly complicated MBA admission process. Interact with experts to know what makes a B-School application stand-out in the eyes of the admissions committee.

Key Note Speakers:
Alumni of Harvard, Duke, Cornell, INSEAD, HEC Paris & ISB.

Venue for Mumbai:
Mayfair Banquets, 254 C , Dr Annie Besant Road, Worli, Mumbai -400030, Opp Sasmira Institute, Next to Old passport office

Time - 2pm to 6pm

For registration, please visit our website - https://www.general-ed.com/workshops-and-seminars

It is a free event. No Registration fees or entrance fees.

Looking forward to meeting you all on 18th November in Mumbai.

Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
GMAT Club Bot