Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:49 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V42
GPA: 3.83
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE:Accounting (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink]
I applied round one but wasn't able to interview. Did anyone else not interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
racer150 wrote:
I applied round one but wasn't able to interview. Did anyone else not interview?

Not sure if my numbers are right but there were about 10 people in my interview time slot and there were 6 time slots that were available online. Assuming that each time slot had the same amount of people, that means that they interviewed about 60 people on Saturday so I'm sure that there are plenty who applied in Round 1 who were not interviewed.

Also just going through some past threads, I've read about people not interviewing but still getting in.

Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tim0thy wrote:
racer150 wrote:

Not sure if my numbers are right but there were about 10 people in my interview time slot and there were 6 time slots that were available online. Assuming that each time slot had the same amount of people, that means that they interviewed about 60 people on Saturday so I'm sure that there are plenty who applied in Round 1 who were not interviewed.

Also just going through some past threads, I've read about people not interviewing but still getting in.

Hope this helps!

Thanks tim0thy... Per the email, it looks like they'll conduct a phone interview if they're on the fence with me. Third and fifth rounders don't even get their own SuperSaturday so there are probably a good portion that will ultimatly be admitted without the interview.

Good Luck to all you first rounders and I hope we can all meet up on our around December 12th (decision day) to celebrate. It looks like prior admits got phone calls in the days leading up to the deadline, so be on the lookout for an unfamiliar 310 area code call.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
racer150 wrote:
tim0thy wrote:
racer150 wrote:

Hope this helps!

Thanks tim0thy... Per the email, it looks like they'll conduct a phone interview if they're on the fence with me. Third and fifth rounders don't even get their own SuperSaturday so there are probably a good portion that will ultimatly be admitted without the interview.

Good Luck to all you first rounders and I hope we can all meet up on our around December 12th (decision day) to celebrate. It looks like prior admits got phone calls in the days leading up to the deadline, so be on the lookout for an unfamiliar 310 area code call.

Thanks for the heads-up on the possible early call!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [4]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone!

I'm a current first year FEMBA student, just wanted to make myself available in case anyone had any questions about the application process or FEMBA in general!

Please feel free to post or PM me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
gtdj06 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I'm a current first year FEMBA student, just wanted to make myself available in case anyone had any questions about the application process or FEMBA in general!

Please feel free to post or PM me

Thanks for showing us applicants the love!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I rec'd an email yesterday saying that my application status is available online, and that my status would show either "complete" or "incomplete," but my status has shown as "complete" since 11/3. Does this mean anything?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
slr wrote:
I rec'd an email yesterday saying that my application status is available online, and that my status would show either "complete" or "incomplete," but my status has shown as "complete" since 11/3. Does this mean anything?

No, the applications used to say "submitted". They will now say "complete" or "incomplete". All it means is that they've received everything that is required in an application or not (i.e. Transcripts, 2 Letters of Rec). .

So, assuming that they just reviewed for completeness, they really only have just over two weeks to look over the round one applications since this week is a short week and decisions are due by December 12. Again, I read that people got admissions calls before the deadlines last year which would shorten the two weeks to less time.

I'm ready for this process to be over with so that I can move on with my life, whatever the next step may be.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
slr wrote:

My status has been "complete" for some time now also so when I got the email I thought that it was a little strange. Can't wait to hear back from them though about the actual decision....I don't like waiting...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tim0thy wrote:
slr wrote:

My status has been "complete" for some time now also so when I got the email I thought that it was a little strange. Can't wait to hear back from them though about the actual decision....I don't like waiting...

USC decisions start Dec. 1 and UCLA's on Dec. 12... I'm dying to find out :!:

I really hope I don't get waitlisted on UCLA while admitted to USC... I've heard people needed to pay USC's deposit by date x and then got admitted to UCLA on date x+1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
racer150 wrote:
I really hope I don't get waitlisted on UCLA while admitted to USC... I've heard people needed to pay USC's deposit by date x and then got admitted to UCLA on date x+1.

Last year I got admitted to UCLA on the day my USC deposit was due. To be honest though I have heard that USC's deadline is not really enforced.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi,
I'm a Bay Area applicant.

Anderson, in it's app, asks this question - "What other UC grad schools have you applied to?"

Would answering "Haas" affect my application?

I'd assume they'd be not very enthusiastic to offer admission to someone who's from the Bay Area and applied to Haas because if the candidate is offered an admission at Haas and accepts it, that would affect the statistics at Anderson slightly negatively (offered admission but not accepted)

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rohitbizschool wrote:
Hi,

Anderson, in it's app, asks this question - "What other UC grad schools have you applied to?"

I'd assume they'd be not very enthusiastic to offer admission to someone who's from the Bay Area and applied to Haas because if the candidate is offered an admission at Haas and accepts it, that would affect the statistics at Anderson slightly negatively (offered admission but not accepted)

Thanks!

I'm not sure if it will affect your application. I'm sure the admissions office would tell you that it won't; but what they do behind closed doors is another story.

If you don't put that you applied to Haas and they find out, then what will they do? They have the right to give you the boot but would they?

If you put on your app that you applied to Haas then you will have a clear conscience and you will not have to worry if UCLA finds out about your 'omission'.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
racer150 wrote:
rohitbizschool wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

I'm not sure if it will affect your application. I'm sure the admissions office would tell you that it won't; but what they do behind closed doors is another story.

If you don't put that you applied to Haas and they find out, then what will they do? They have the right to give you the boot but would they?

If you put on your app that you applied to Haas then you will have a clear conscience and you will not have to worry if UCLA finds out about your 'omission'.

Totally agree with racer150. What the adcom does with this information is anyone's guess, but I personally wouldn't want to find out what happens if they catch an 'omission'.

For what it's worth I am in a similar situation, i.e. applying from the Bay Area and checking off that I applied to Haas on my application. D-day is in less than two weeks so I'll let you know what happens...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just checked my application and my admissions status has now changed to just "submitted."
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado

Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tim0thy wrote:
Just checked my application and my admissions status has now changed to just "submitted."

Mine too.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts