Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
WE:Investment Banking (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Johns Hopkins Carey Business School [#permalink]
Kudos
@naiksarah I am REALLY surprised by your experience. I hold 2 degrees from JHU Carey and am currently the Chair of the Dean's Alumni Advisory Board. One of our main focus areas is to be here for students and alum alike. Did you ever contact the office? All of the DAAB members are on Linked In and regularly engage with our students and alum. I personally speak with several students and alum each week. There are also numerous ways to reach us on-line. I would love to know more - please feel free to contact me via direct message.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Emory 2012
 Q50  V47
GPA: 2.5 Applied Math Major
WE 1: 1 yr proprietary trading
WE 2: 2 yrs global ibank in municipal derivatives
Send PM
Kudos
As a Hopkins alum (not specifically Carey, but I went to JHU for undergrad), I've never encountered issues with other alumni not responding to emails. The University alumni network is strong and generally responsive.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
I am a Carey Alum. I will tell you this much: no one is just handing out jobs these days. You have to be positive and work hard. Sure, you are going to meet resistance and people are busy. But you have to keep trying. Like anything else in life, you get out what you put in. Having said that, I market every job opening I have at our agency at the Carey Alumni LinkedIn Group. Anyone applying from Carey receives first priority and very careful consideration. Like I said, you have to keep trying! Good luck with the search and stay positive!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
naiksarah wrote:
Never go to JHU Carey. I just graduated from Carey MBA program and never received any help from alumni.
Even when you approach an alum, they usually ignore and never respond. It is so sad. Many students faced the same problem.
So think ten times before going to JHU Carey.

I'd almost think you went to a different school naiksarah as you and I have had very different experiences at Carey. I am sorry to hear you feel this way about Carey.

As a current student in the full time programme I cannot speak highly enough of the programme and the alumni. As Carey is a new programme I arrived not expecting to meet many alumni, but could not have been more wrong. From the first week of our orientation we were introduced to alumni members who had a genuine interest in meeting the students. Many of these individuals I have remained in contact with since on both a formal and social basis.

I think the last point is worth detailing further for those on this forum contemplating Carey in years to come. The small class sizes of the programme enables you to get to actually meet and get to know alums rather than just obtain a business card. As an international student who arrived in the USA with no professional network outside my home country and a professional background that does not travel well, the Carey alumni have been instrumental in helping me build a robust network here. In many cases individuals were willing to help me despite the fact I had little to no connection to their industry or was prevented from working due to my international status. None of this stopped them connecting me with people they knew who could help me.

To the degree that I am representative of the student experience, in my time at Carey I have competed in business plan competitions involving students from multiple different schools within the wider Hopkins university and have worked with a group of wider Hopkins alums in their business start up. Numerous classmates have obtained internships with or through alumni companies.

As a Carey graduate and representative of my school, I wish you the best of luck with your job search naiksarah and hope you get the job you're looking for.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
shakamaker wrote:
naiksarah wrote:
Never go to JHU Carey. I just graduated from Carey MBA program and never received any help from alumni.
Even when you approach an alum, they usually ignore and never respond. It is so sad. Many students faced the same problem.

I'd almost think you went to a different school naiksarah as you and I have had very different experiences at Carey. I am sorry to hear you feel this way about Carey.

As a current student in the full time programme I cannot speak highly enough of the programme and the alumni. As Carey is a new programme I arrived not expecting to meet many alumni, but could not have been more wrong. From the first week of our orientation we were introduced to alumni members who had a genuine interest in meeting the students. Many of these individuals I have remained in contact with since on both a formal and social basis.

I think the last point is worth detailing further for those on this forum contemplating Carey in years to come. The small class sizes of the programme enables you to get to actually meet and get to know alums rather than just obtain a business card. As an international student who arrived in the USA with no professional network outside my home country and a professional background that does not travel well, the Carey alumni have been instrumental in helping me build a robust network here. In many cases individuals were willing to help me despite the fact I had little to no connection to their industry or was prevented from working due to my international status. None of this stopped them connecting me with people they knew who could help me.

To the degree that I am representative of the student experience, in my time at Carey I have competed in business plan competitions involving students from multiple different schools within the wider Hopkins university and have worked with a group of wider Hopkins alums in their business start up. Numerous classmates have obtained internships with or through alumni companies.

As a Carey graduate and representative of my school, I wish you the best of luck with your job search naiksarah and hope you get the job you're looking for.

after such a long time as a person who came across to this forum post, and who is considering JH Carey , I wanted to ask if anyone else can share their experience after graduation?
Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Zuzuzuzu wrote:
shakamaker wrote:
naiksarah wrote:

after such a long time as a person who came across to this forum post, and who is considering JH Carey , I wanted to ask if anyone else can share their experience after graduation?
Thank you.

So did you go to Carey?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3