Last visit was: 30 Apr 2024, 08:04 It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 08:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 530 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 540 Q43 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 530 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 540 Q43 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Dismal Verbal Score...please help [#permalink]
rahulsukhija wrote:
That's a really sound advice...but sorry to say, this is not what I have not heard yet.
What you have mentioned, I have followed all....I am actually looking for someone who is an instructor and know what mistake out of ordinary you do in real exam...

Just for the info...here are past few test scores of MGMAT - 720(Q49,V39),700(Q51,V35),690(Q51,V34),680(Q50,V34)...

So much for the long post and you have followed all :) What about your GMATPrep scores ? MGMAT scores are close to GMATPrep, but they are quite unreliable when it comes to verbal. My mock scores never went beyond 30 in MGMAT verbal and I never crossed a 640, but I managed to score a 680 and a 35 in verbal. Have a look at my mock scores here.

https://www.manhattangmat.com/forums/680 ... 15975.html

Did you take all the mocks in official conditions as in with Awa/IR 8 min break quant 8 min break verbal ?

rahulsukhija wrote:
and the sources you have mentioned, I have already exhausted...

Just because you solved it two or three times doesn't mean that you have exhausted everything. I am looking for a retake and I still use the same resources to learn, so you can do it as well. Take a CR and try to eliminate the options based on a reason, try to figure what that option does to the argument - strengthens, weakens, if it is irrelevant/OOS how can it be made relevant to the question - changing some words can do it.

rahulsukhija wrote:
I am looking for some expert advice or I do not need any advice at all...it is just the exam pressure which got into me or was it a really bad day....

Exam pressure is common for everybody, very few people exceed their mock scores. All you can do is be well prepared and confident. You should ideally know that this answer choice is definitely right or the other options are definitely wrong- that's where a 700 scorer gains advantage. If you still go wrong - then there is something that needs to be addressed. Its a learning process, so find out how to get better. You have to look out for different strategies that people have tried or come up with the one that gives you great speed and accuracy. If you can't figure it out yourself, then private tutoring may probably help you or other experts here.

rahulsukhija wrote:
Ya, my RC is not that good...but ya, my CR and SC was decent enough with an accuracy of 80 for SC and 85-90 for CR....

How did you gauge this accuracy ? From OG, if so then they are arranged in the order of difficulty and the overall accuracy here is of no use. Infact many agree that very few OG questions are available that are at 700 level.

rahulsukhija wrote:
I hope now you can understand what is the situation really....

I understand your situation very well, because I have crossed this stage. My previous GMAT attempt was a 530 Q42 V20. And that's why I stress the importance of learning everything in a different manner.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Dismal Verbal Score...please help [#permalink]