Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.47
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
MoKi wrote:
vanishingnerd wrote:
BrazilianMBA wrote:
I couldn't find anything on tuck about the deadline for recommenders. HBS for example has said clearly that they will consider a small delay, i.e. one day. Does anyone knows about tuck? This is my last app, and the first one my recommenders did not meet the deadline...

Well I can speak for myself.

Both of my recommendations were submitted 3 to 5 days after the official deadline. I think Tuck Adcom does understand that most recommenders are very busy, like in my case, my boss could only submit it on the weekend.

Hope this helps.

It is one of those things where the adcom doesn't want to give an answer that could let applicants overlook rules and deadlines but they might let you on the boat as long as you don't appear too negligent. Despite all the advance notices you can give, recommendations are ultimately out of your control and I think they get that.

If I were you, I would drop in a mail to the adcom explaining the situation and get a confirmation from them (esp if the delay is only a few hours), just to sleep better !

My recommenders submitted one day after the deadline. I sent an email asking about it, and in a few hours I received the reply from the admissions office, confirming they will consider my application in the November round. Thanks for the advice

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:
Gumbymc wrote:
For those who have visited from NYC - do you recommend taking the Dartmouth Coach? Also, did you guys have to stay 2 nights since it seems all of the bus/train options leave early in the morning?

I've investigated the NYC-Hanover transportation options thoroughly and I think the Dartmouth Coach is the best way, but it does mean you need to miss at least two days of work, which is a pain.

The other options are:

1) flying, but you have to connect in Boston and then fly into Lebanon airport which is 5 miles away. it's a lot of travel time including getting to and from the airport, and waiting around for the connection. Also, the flight is expensive. And if you're a miles junkie like me, you'll cringe at the BOS-LEB leg since Cape Air doesn't seem to be affiliated with any major mileage programs.

2) train into White River Junction, VT, but the train only leaves once a day and takes over 6 hours

3) driving yourself--this is obviously the most flexible option and will probably be what I do because on the day that I'm going, I have to leave in the evening. But four hours sounds like a long and tiring drive to make (at least for me.)

I'll throw in another option from NYC, which is what I ended up picking for my trip up to Tuck next weekend:

4) Fly into Burlington, VT (Delta & JetBlue have nonstops) and then make the 1 hr and 40 min drive to Hanover, NH. It works for me because I have an event on the night that I have to leave for Hanover, so the late night flights after 10pm that Delta & JetBlue have will allow me to go to my event and head up to Hanover in time for the start of the Diversity weekend the next morning.

A couple more options from NYC

5) Fly CapeAir from White Plains to Lebanon, NH which is 4 miles from Hanover. I didn't see this before because the flight doesn't run every day and wasn't running the day I needed to get to Hanover

6) Fly into Manchester, NH and make the 1 hour and 20 min drive to Hanover.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Ward2012 wrote:
A couple more options from NYC

5) Fly CapeAir from White Plains to Lebanon, NH which is 4 miles from Hanover. I didn't see this before because the flight doesn't run every day and wasn't running the day I needed to get to Hanover

6) Fly into Manchester, NH and make the 1 hour and 20 min drive to Hanover.

I'm personally flying from the Mid-Atlantic to Lebanon via Boston. Ticket was ~$280 vs. $200 to go to Manchester, so pretty negligible considering travel time and that I hate driving. Only thing is the Cape Air flight is in a Cessna 402, which is a ten seater prop plane. Certainly not judging, but that may be a valid concern for some folks as I have seen my fair share of panick attacks, and freaked out myself on my first 'tiny' Cessna flight. Round trip from Boston, I believe, is $50 which is awesome for people coming from there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Hey everyone, I am an Indian reapplicant, applied two years back and was invited to interview. I was waitlisted and rejected eventually. In one of the posts, Dawna Clarke has mentioned that they may use previous interview evaluation for reapplicants. I have not been invited to interview this time.i although want to stay optimistic but would still want to know if they had actually accepted any reapplicant without interviewing again. Can any one shed some light?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [2]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Mukaam wrote:
Hey everyone, I am an Indian reapplicant, applied two years back and was invited to interview. I was waitlisted and rejected eventually. In one of the posts, Dawna Clarke has mentioned that they may use previous interview evaluation for reapplicants. I have not been invited to interview this time.i although want to stay optimistic but would still want to know if they had actually accepted any reapplicant without interviewing again. Can any one shed some light?

Hey - if I am not mistaken, you are the girl who was doing Teach For India or something similar right, post the MBA Admissions ordeal last time round? Had read your blog and it was very helpful, and well written.

I attended the Tuck reception in Delhi recently. There was a reapplicant there from last year who asked the same question. He was told that they in all probability will not re interview a reapplicant, unless the previous interview they had was bad/a disaster. Also, if I am not mistaken, Tuck treats only those who applied the last year as true re applicants - so if you applied in 2010, your application will be treated as completely new.

What I mean by a true re applicant is that you need to submit only 1 new LOR - which means they WILL compare both your present and last year application for sure. By law, a school has to keep your application on record for 2 years.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [3]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Revelations at the New Delhi information session

1. almost 50-60% of the class is decided by the November round. Offers made are more in EA than in any other round
2. January round is the biggest in terms of number of applicants - is hence also the most competitive if you put point 1 in conjunction here
3. The admissions team member said that rather than apply in January, she would urge the applicant to try EA next year, given how statistically the chances are better
4. Tuck prefers to meet you face to face, a Skype is a last resort ALWAYS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Send PM
str1der wrote:

1. almost 50-60% of the class is decided by the November round. Offers made are more in EA than in any other round
2. January round is the biggest in terms of number of applicants - is hence also the most competitive if you put point 1 in conjunction here
3. The admissions team member said that rather than apply in January, she would urge the applicant to try EA next year, given how statistically the chances are better

I surely hope that what you are saying is correct for all applicants and not just Indians. This gives me hope, as I am an int. reapplicant from the January Round. I was WLed up until the last moment. Hopefully an improvement on my candidacy + applying in the EA round will get me in this time around. Hopefuly the fact that I havent been invited to interview is related to your previous post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
For all those applied EA and done self-initiated interview, what else could we do except for waiting for 14Dec to come? (I've run out of questions for the Adcom, :P)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.51
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
str1der wrote:
Mukaam wrote:

Hey - if I am not mistaken, you are the girl who was doing Teach For India or something similar right, post the MBA Admissions ordeal last time round? Had read your blog and it was very helpful, and well written.

I attended the Tuck reception in Delhi recently. There was a reapplicant there from last year who asked the same question. He was told that they in all probability will not re interview a reapplicant, unless the previous interview they had was bad/a disaster. Also, if I am not mistaken, Tuck treats only those who applied the last year as true re applicants - so if you applied in 2010, your application will be treated as completely new.

What I mean by a true re applicant is that you need to submit only 1 new LOR - which means they WILL compare both your present and last year application for sure. By law, a school has to keep your application on record for 2 years.

I am a re-applicant from last year as well. I applied in the Jan round, was interviewed and then given some feedback and asked to apply again.. I was also told that my interview was good and there were no major issues with the interview. I have significantly improved on all aspects mentioned and applied early (EA round). I was seriously disappointed that they did not invite me to interview this time around. I hope they use my last interview. This post gives me new hope. Thanks!! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know who from admissions was at the Tuck Delhi reception ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
autumnbubble1 wrote:
For all those applied EA and done self-initiated interview, what else could we do except for waiting for 14Dec to come? (I've run out of questions for the Adcom, :P)

I'm wondering if you're one half of the Chinese couple I met Tuck for the self-initiated interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q50  V38
Send PM
str1der wrote:
Mukaam wrote:

Hey,

Yes I am that girl! I have been to your blog before knowing you here.

Based on your comment, it gives me some relief that they really dont prefer interviewing applicants again. I am also wondering however if I am not a "true reapplicant" then may be I should keep in mind that the worst case scenario is still applicable to me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
https://tuckschool.blogspot.in/2011/06/reapplicants.html

I hope this is useful to other re-applicants like myself waiting for an interview invite. Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Just finished my Skype-aided interview with Tuck. Very formal but cool. No tricky questions, pretty straightforward as expected.

Now the one month long wait begins. Hope it turns out well for all of us here.

All the best for future applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
All of the interview slots / class visits are now all booked up until December 7. Are they going to be releasing more spots for December?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
renegade1 wrote:
All of the interview slots / class visits are now all booked up until December 7. Are they going to be releasing more spots for December?

You could send a mail to the ad-com asking the same. They might be able to fit you in somewhere.

I'm assuming you're applying in Jan round so you technically have time until 31st Jan. It is possible that they are opening the schedule on a rolling 4-week basis - in any case, it can't hurt to ask.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
str1der wrote:

This is making me nervous. I'm an international, who applied for the November round. And it seems that very few people reported any invites from EA on this thread.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts