Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:50 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: LBS MIF '14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: 2013 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink]
does anyone know what percentage of applicants get an interview invite and what percent of interviewed get admission?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
BingoBongo wrote:
does anyone know what percentage of applicants get an interview invite and what percent of interviewed get admission?

BingoBongo,
Here is the data we circulated last year

MIF LBS ADMISSION STATISTICS FROM VARIOUS SOURCES:

Total Applicants: ~700 (mentioned here @ gmatclub)
Shortlisted for interview: ~30% (by Morgane Fores, AdCom member in reply to my email)
Made the offer: ~70% of the interviewed (by Peter Johnson @ Apr 7, 2008)
Accepted the offer: ~85% of those made the offer (by Peter Johnson @ Apr 7, 2008)
Class size: ~125 (116 in 2011 intake)

This seems roughly to hold... our intake this year was 119 i think.

rk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks, rwkTX! I also wonder if the program has experienced a drop in number of applications to the program. The entire finance sector took a brutal beating over the last few years and I'm sure b-schools also felt the pinch (Columbia, for example, saw applications drop by double digits this year)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BingoBongo wrote:
thanks, rwkTX! I also wonder if the program has experienced a drop in number of applications to the program. The entire finance sector took a brutal beating over the last few years and I'm sure b-schools also felt the pinch (Columbia, for example, saw applications drop by double digits this year)

many companies stopped funding MBA course...that's what i have gathered..not sure about MiF, which i assume mostly self-funded?

You heard anything from the school yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
amywatkinsuk wrote:
BingoBongo wrote:

many companies stopped funding MBA course...that's what i have gathered..not sure about MiF, which i assume mostly self-funded?

Yes, I actually got an interview invite and we'll try get the interview out of the way asap. :) I really want to know whether I'm in or not, by the end of the year. I don't want this process to drag into January :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BingoBongo wrote:
amywatkinsuk wrote:
BingoBongo wrote:

Yes, I actually got an interview invite and we'll try get the interview out of the way asap. :) I really want to know whether I'm in or not, by the end of the year. I don't want this process to drag into January :)

haha same here.

But my interviewer ingnores my email....i have tried contacting hims with no luck....hmmm that's a good start...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 177 [0]
Send PM
amywatkinsuk wrote:

Yes, I actually got an interview invite and we'll try get the interview out of the way asap. :) I really want to know whether I'm in or not, by the end of the year. I don't want this process to drag into January :)[/quote]

haha same here.

But my interviewer ingnores my email....i have tried contacting hims with no luck....hmmm that's a good start...[/quote]

Hi Guys

Would you mind sharing your profiles? I applied in R2 and am not sure why I haven't received an invite yet. I have 5 years relevant experience and a good enough GMAT score. A little tense now
Intern
Intern
Send PM
synecdoche wrote:
amywatkinsuk wrote:

Hi Guys

Would you mind sharing your profiles? I applied in R2 and am not sure why I haven't received an invite yet. I have 5 years relevant experience and a good enough GMAT score. A little tense now

Im applying for the part time version. NOt sure if that makes any diff in the timing of respons?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 177 [0]
Send PM
amywatkinsuk wrote:
synecdoche wrote:
amywatkinsuk wrote:

Hi Guys

Im applying for the part time version. NOt sure if that makes any diff in the timing of respons?

oh ok. So you're based in London. Problem is I've got into another program and have to accept by Dec 15th
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
synecdoche wrote:
amywatkinsuk wrote:

haha same here.

But my interviewer ingnores my email....i have tried contacting hims with no luck....hmmm that's a good start...[/quote]

Hi Guys

Would you mind sharing your profiles? I applied in R2 and am not sure why I haven't received an invite yet. I have 5 years relevant experience and a good enough GMAT score. A little tense now[/quote]

synecdoche,
I would send an email to Peter Johnson and mention your time constraint to him. I'm not sure that he can do anything about hurrying up the process, but you never know unless you ask.
rk
Manager
Manager
Send PM
amywatkinsuk wrote:
BingoBongo wrote:

I'm not sure about any change in applications but can ask the admissions committee and see what their responses. I also don't have details on the profile, but my estimation would be that 75-80% are self-funded and 20-25% are sponsored.

rk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Here is the first admit this year, guys & girls... :))
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lbkova wrote:

big congrats!

do you mind sharing your interview experience?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lbkova wrote:

Congratulations Ibkova!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Hi all,
Got a phone call yesterday, and I'm in! :-D

As I mentioned in my previous post, I had to travel abroad for the interview. That meeting was last weekend. My interviewer holds a senior position in one of the top firms in my field, so that made me nervous a bit. However, the meeting itself was quite relaxed. The discussion focused mainly on my work experience and what I have said on my application essays. He asked me to explain my job functions/responsibility (basically going over my CV), clarify/elaborate more on some of the statements I made on the essays (i.e. how MiF will benefit me, why now, why work in finance etc.) and discuss my experience studying abroad. We also talked about electives I'm interested in and current issue in finance and at this point there's a question thrown in involving finance theory. The interview lasted about an hour. On Monday I got e-mail from the school that they have received interview report, and yesterday I got the good news :)

Based on my experience, my advice would be to know what you've told the school and be able to explain/ back up your point. What I did was to read over my CV and my essays again and see whether there are any statements that might not be clear to reader. Also prepare to discuss your choice of electives. As a side note, the alumni also receive candidate's transcript in the interview package and in my case he commented on quantitative classes I have taken during university when I mentioned that I plan to pursue a quantitative-heavy study.

Good luck to everyone! Hopefully I'll meet you all in August next year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi laman,
How is your experience at MiF so far? Has it lived up to your expectation? Also can you share progress on the job finding status of the class, are many of your classmate finding it easy or struggling to get a good job? Same questions to all current MiF students pls.

Many many thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I would be interested in the 2012 Employment report for MiFs... It's almost 2013 while the previous class graduated in June 2012...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts