Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: 2013 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink]
nottingham wrote:
henryrearden wrote:
Hi all,

Got the offer call yesterday when I was in Canada. Not much details upfront though... and will be on vacation when they send the pack. Does anyone have information about what's in it and how we go about to have more information on scholarships, loans, etc.?

re: interview, I did it on June 3rd with confirmation of interview report on June 10th and offer on June 12th.

The interview was rather short (say 45 mins) but I had to rush it because of my flight right after and the fact that my interviewer was hosting me at his office during peak business hours. Questions were fairly simple:

- Talking about each work experience
- Talking about Canada
- Talking about extracurriculars
- One point that was pushed was MBA vs MIF, especially given my background (7 years exp. in PE, IB, entrepreneurship / CFA / CAIA / very strong extracurricular, etc.). I think that the testing of my commitment was the core of my interview. At some point I was thinking 'so are you telling me not to do the program?'! But I guess it's part of what they are told to do.

Good luck to everyone who is still awaiting a response.

Best,

HR

I also experienced the part of seemingly persuading me not to do the programme, for I was challenged by my IBD ST career goal and told to choose MBA, but luckily I was saved by my LT goal which is the asset management firms. I think this is what the interviewer was told to do, challenging your committement.

Btw, I also got the questions about my leadership experience and style.

Congrats Nottingham and henryrearden.. I guess we missed the scholarship bus due to round 5!! Excited to meet everyone in August!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi JezzC,

I understand that there is someway you can see how many candidates are offered admission so far. Can you plz let me know..just evaluating my chances of moving from waitlist to admit !!

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
ankurkapur wrote:
Hi JezzC,

I understand that there is someway you can see how many candidates are offered admission so far. Can you plz let me know..just evaluating my chances of moving from waitlist to admit !!

Thanks

Last year there were 125 admits, this year's figure is 119 so far....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Laszlo !!

Can you tell me the updated intake number so far ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
ankurkapur wrote:
Thanks Laszlo !!

Can you tell me the updated intake number so far ?

Posted from my mobile device

Hello,

120 admits.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
henryrearden wrote:
Hi all,

Got the offer call yesterday when I was in Canada. Not much details upfront though... and will be on vacation when they send the pack. Does anyone have information about what's in it and how we go about to have more information on scholarships, loans, etc.?

Ok got in finally, perhaps the last few spots left which were offered as I applied last day of last round. I had the same feeling during the interview as if they are telling me not to do the program and got me really thinking about the reasons I had in mind. Even the call for admit was very low key with no feedback on what points were considered during the review.

I think the deadline for schol was 4th June. Is there anyone else who has considered rejecting the offer? They have given me a deadline until 9th July to accept and I also applied to berkley MFE but that course is completely quantitative and I would like the more holistic electives/professors/students at LBS. I am attending a Hedge Funds class this Friday will let you know more later...

Any word on how the current students are handling the recruitment crunch? Do any of the admits want to meetup who are based in London?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Musings wrote:
henryrearden wrote:
Hi all,

Ok got in finally, perhaps the last few spots left which were offered as I applied last day of last round. I had the same feeling during the interview as if they are telling me not to do the program and got me really thinking about the reasons I had in mind. Even the call for admit was very low key with no feedback on what points were considered during the review.

I think the deadline for schol was 4th June. Is there anyone else who has considered rejecting the offer? They have given me a deadline until 9th July to accept and I also applied to berkley MFE but that course is completely quantitative and I would like the more holistic electives/professors/students at LBS. I am attending a Hedge Funds class this Friday will let you know more later...

Any word on how the current students are handling the recruitment crunch? Do any of the admits want to meetup who are based in London?

Hey, when did you get the final offer? Also, can you tell me the no of admits so far? I guess you can access that info on the online portal.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Musings wrote:
henryrearden wrote:
Hi all,

Are you accepting the offer?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
masters2012 wrote:
Musings wrote:
henryrearden wrote:
Hi all,

Hey, when did you get the final offer? Also, can you tell me the no of admits so far? I guess you can access that info on the online portal.

Just yesterday, they meet every Tuesday i think so the final one should be next week before 5th july deadline. I don't have my login details yet and will only receive them on Friday. You can always check with admissions office as they will be able to give you the latest status update.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi

Can anyone who is admitted please advice what is the latest intake number? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ankurkapur wrote:
Hi

Can anyone who is admitted please advice what is the latest intake number? Thanks

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I guess I might be the 126th one. Just got an offer yesterday here in ny :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Musings wrote:
henryrearden wrote:
Hi all,

Hi Musings and all,

Just to let you know that I have finally decided today to accept the offer for the MiF Class of 2014.

It's definitely the best fit for my interests and career objectives (private equity, distressed investing, value investing, etc.).

I look forward to meeting everyone in August.

Best,

HR
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea if the final list of admits has been sent out (last week before the deadline) or if anyone who was waiting for a final decision heard back from the admissions team?

Regards,
Ankit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Ankit,

Early this week admission committee member sent me an email to get some information and mentioned that they will make final decision on 5th July. So maybe by tomorrow we should hear from them. But I think mostly the decision will be between those who are on wait list (like me) or those who can be on wait list :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi

Has anyone heard anything from adcom? Today is the last day for round 5 update.

Those who have access to lbs portal can you plz tell, how many seats are already filled.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Lbsmif wrote:
Hi

Has anyone heard anything from adcom? Today is the last day for round 5 update.

Those who have access to lbs portal can you plz tell, how many seats are already filled.

Thanks

127 admits @6/7/2013
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts