Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
I'm in too!!!!

Going to take this :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [1]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
longranger wrote:
I'm in too!!!!

Good call mate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Who ever has not got email may be because the transcripts have not reached yet - mine have not reached the school yet but I got in touch with the University and was told about the decision - which would be formally emailed to me once my transcript reaches
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE:Information Technology (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Ducksworth wrote:
longranger wrote:
I'm in too!!!!

Good call mate.

Absolutely! Already emailed Cass to respectfully decline their offer. I can't wait for September!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
ghoshd wrote:
Who ever has not got email may be because the transcripts have not reached yet - mine have not reached the school yet but I got in touch with the University and was told about the decision - which would be formally emailed to me once my transcript reaches

I was wondering if that was the hold up but I sent my transcripts about a month ago and the last communication I received said they would be in touch with the final decision by today.

Thanks for your response. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to figure it out.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Said
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
heyyy ... i got in too :D :D :D
can't wait either. I slept while waiting haha. woke up in the middle, saw the email and just stared at it for two minutes before opening it.
Glad it was good news. Congratulations to all those who got in! Looking forward :)

Mine was sent at 4:03 pm UK time
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
I just got my acceptance today too!

I will definitely be attending next year! Any future SBS students interested in putting together a network to get to know each other before next October?

-Mark
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Send PM
CanuckMark wrote:
I just got my acceptance today too!

I will definitely be attending next year! Any future SBS students interested in putting together a network to get to know each other before next October?

-Mark

We should probably set a Facebook page.

(EDIT: The hyperlink was not put by me :S )
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
What a beautiful first post to write.... I' am in as well.. Congratulations to all those who have been admitted !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
I'm just going to throw this out there. Did any of you consider Cambridge? If so, if you have/had been accepted, which one will/would you choose and why?

From speaking with students, alumni and faculty in both schools, I have been impressed across the board. There are small differences in the program structure, class size and composition but I'm beginning to learn that the real differences may be in the "feel" of the two schools, which one can only sense after visiting both places (something I'm unable to do).

Anyway, feel free to chime in with your thoughts guys. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations to all admits. We had created a FB group for our year and then invited current students to join. One of you can take the initiative and post the group link here. I will add current students to that group.

Go party!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Send PM
Leftcoastguy wrote:
I'm just going to throw this out there. Did any of you consider Cambridge? If so, if you have/had been accepted, which one will/would you choose and why?

From speaking with students, alumni and faculty in both schools, I have been impressed across the board. There are small differences in the program structure, class size and composition but I'm beginning to learn that the real differences may be in the "feel" of the two schools, which one can only sense after visiting both places (something I'm unable to do).

I won't be able to answer your question directly since I did not apply to Cambridge, the reason being that I was an undergrad there and I wanted something new. Having said that, I did live in Oxford for three months working in a project so I can compare cities first hand if not the MBA programmes per se. Oxford is a much larger town which means that it is not as charming, but offers a more comfortable setting for older students like us. In particular, Cambridge is a lot prettier because colleges are "open" while in Oxford they act like independent fortresses. Don't me wrong, Oxford is still gorgeous. Also, Oxford being larger means that it might be easier for my fiancée to find a job. All in all, I think the main difference is that Cambridge feels like a small town, and Oxford like a slightly less small town.

In terms of impressions, I feel that the Oxford programme has one huge advantage which is that after the internship you get to return to school for a month. I think this is a great opportunity to reflect on what you learned during the summer and learn from others as well. Another big difference is that Cambridge has A LOT of mandatory activities outside the core courses (venture project, consulting project, capstone project, leadership seminars, etc.). This might work for some and not for others. I felt it wouldn't that much for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Ducksworth wrote:
Leftcoastguy wrote:

I won't be able to answer your question directly since I did not apply to Cambridge, the reason being that I was an undergrad there and I wanted something new. Having said that, I did live in Oxford for three months working in a project so I can compare cities first hand if not the MBA programmes per se. Oxford is a much larger town which means that it is not as charming, but offers a more comfortable setting for older students like us. In particular, Cambridge is a lot prettier because colleges are "open" while in Oxford they act like independent fortresses. Don't me wrong, Oxford is still gorgeous. Also, Oxford being larger means that it might be easier for my fiancée to find a job. All in all, I think the main difference is that Cambridge feels like a small town, and Oxford like a slightly less small town.

In terms of impressions, I feel that the Oxford programme has one huge advantage which is that after the internship you get to return to school for a month. I think this is a great opportunity to reflect on what you learned during the summer and learn from others as well. Another big difference is that Cambridge has A LOT of mandatory activities outside the core courses (venture project, consulting project, capstone project, leadership seminars, etc.). This might work for some and not for others. I felt it wouldn't that much for me.

Thanks for that, Ducksworth. I did hear about the difference in the cities and frankly for one year - that's really not a dealbreaker for me. I've lived in big cities all my life so a year in a small/smallish town might be a welcome break.

Good point about the returning to school bit - I didn't think of that. If one did an internship in the summer at Judge, you would be effectively saying goodbye to the school and classmates in June, rather than September. Another oddity at Judge is that the finals week is AFTER the vacation, which means your mind is never completely at rest... but I suspect that is the case in a 1yr MBA regardless . :)

The compulsory activities actually suit me because I don't have a business background so the rigid structure gives me direction. Also, I'm looking to get into Consulting and those projects will be of use. On the other hand, I'm still not convinced I will benefit as much from the compulsory Entrepreneurship project at Said since that is not a major area of interest for me.

I appreciate your input nonetheless and maybe we'll be classmates next year!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations to all those who made it through!!

I got in as well !!

Just wondering if the exact scholarships decisions have already been emailed along with the admit letters to some of us? The letter I received says

"if you have been awarded a Said Scholarship you will be contacted by email within the next few days."

Anyone received anything more than this generic statement ?

Thanks!..Hope to see u all at Oxford!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
Congratulations to all those who were accepted, and good luck for those whose priorities have now shifted to other schools! I'm applying in Round 2, so hopefully I'll have some good news in a few months!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 165 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 570 Q45 V23
GMAT 2: 590 Q44 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V37
Send PM
Kudos
The small but definitely the most sweet line -
" I am in" :-) :D :-) :D
Will be taking this offer.
Has anyone started the facebook group or shall I make one??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 165 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 570 Q45 V23
GMAT 2: 590 Q44 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V37
Send PM
Here is the facebook group I have created.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253732648088130/edit/#
Calling all candidates with an admit to join the group to help know each other better before the class even starts!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts