Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE:Information Technology (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Oxford (Said) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Has anyone received the invoice for deposit? The deadline for deposit is 1 month after we receive the invoice, right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
I have a question- would you tell an adcom that you were accepted someplace else (say, School B) but would prefer to enroll at their school (School A)? I debate with myself whether that would benefit my chances of admission, or if that is an unnecessary risk.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
waxer wrote:
Has anyone received the invoice for deposit? The deadline for deposit is 1 month after we receive the invoice, right?

I'm not sure what the deadline is, but I haven't received an invoice yet, either. I'm sure it will be coming soon.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Guys. If it helps, I got the invoice today and is due January 18.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ducksworth wrote:
Guys. If it helps, I got the invoice today and is due January 18.

Same here, once again, we seem to have impeccable timing here on the forums!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Said
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi

I am extremely confused now after the scholarship has been denied. My personal savings do not cover the whole cost and unless I have means of arranging for the rest of the sum, I do not think it is very wise for me to give the non refundable deposit.

Please don't mind me asking but is anyone of you considering taking loans? If yes, then do you have any information about study loans on easier terms. The study loan for my undergraduate was 4.75% p.a and did not start accruing interest till I graduated. Anything similar that you guys know of? I can't seem to find a lot of information on this on the web. I am particularly interested in the interest rate figures for international students.

Do let me know please. Reply here or pm me. This stands between me attending the course and not opting for it.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The information is available on Oxford MBA Page under MBA Loans and Funding.
I cannot post exact URLs :(

(Un)Fortunately, $$$ spent on MBA is like an investment and banks/financial institutes treat MBA loans as such.

bhamlashd wrote:
Hi

I am extremely confused now after the scholarship has been denied. My personal savings do not cover the whole cost and unless I have means of arranging for the rest of the sum, I do not think it is very wise for me to give the non refundable deposit.

Please don't mind me asking but is anyone of you considering taking loans? If yes, then do you have any information about study loans on easier terms. The study loan for my undergraduate was 4.75% p.a and did not start accruing interest till I graduated. Anything similar that you guys know of? I can't seem to find a lot of information on this on the web. I am particularly interested in the interest rate figures for international students.

Do let me know please. Reply here or pm me. This stands between me attending the course and not opting for it.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I had applied as part of R2 but several weeks before the R2 deadline (I applied on 14 December 2012). Does any one have any idea on whether Oxford wait the entire period mentioned for the interview decision dates. The website states that the Interview decisions deadline for R2 is 1 Feb 2013. Do Oxford start reaching out to R2 applicants once the application deadline is reached (11 Jan 2013), or do we have to wait until 1 Feb?

Am quite confused about this as I am also evaluating another application where I have been accepted. Hence, any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No, based on past forum postings, the invitations are sent out around the date mentioned on website. You should expect the decision from Oxford around 1 Feb.
For R1, interview decision was communicated on 8 Nov (a day earlier than mentioned on website)

GoForIt wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I had applied as part of R2 but several weeks before the R2 deadline (I applied on 14 December 2012). Does any one have any idea on whether Oxford wait the entire period mentioned for the interview decision dates. The website states that the Interview decisions deadline for R2 is 1 Feb 2013. Do Oxford start reaching out to R2 applicants once the application deadline is reached (11 Jan 2013), or do we have to wait until 1 Feb?

Am quite confused about this as I am also evaluating another application where I have been accepted. Hence, any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
@bananapeelxyz

Thanks! I guess we have to wait until the end of January then.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I know I will not go to Oxford, but I still want to bring forward something that I have noticed.

Accepted candidates where added to a Google group and I have been receiving e-mails from future students that are introducing themselves. I read that at least two of them are still undegraduates, one of them mentioning that his/her only work experience so far has been a couple of summer internships! I am a bit disappointed that Saïd accepts students with such little experience. Doing an MBA is a great opportunity to learn from professors but even more from other students. Do any present or future students have any opinions on this?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Ducksworth wrote:
I know I will not go to Oxford, but I still want to bring forward something that I have noticed.

Accepted candidates where added to a Google group and I have been receiving e-mails from future students that are introducing themselves. I read that at least two of them are still undegraduates, one of them mentioning that his/her only work experience so far has been a couple of summer internships! I am a bit disappointed that Saïd accepts students with such little experience. Doing an MBA is a great opportunity to learn from professors but even more from other students. Do any present or future students have any opinions on this?

That is astonishing. Would you be able to post any more info on the current class of 14?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Ducksworth wrote:

Hmm, interesting finding!!

"HOLISTIC SELECTION" process in practice!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Hello everyone,

All the best for all thel R2 applicants.

wondering if there are any R3 applicants on the forum. Was planning for R2 but looks like I will miss the deadline... can someone throw some light on by what factor the chances are diminished in R3 against R3 (specifically for Said business school). I am aware that $$ and college choice is affected but not sure what is the impact apart from those two factors.

also, I am confused regarding the Job decsription scetion which is in the online application for Said. They have mentioned a 5000 char limit for that. Not sure how everyone else is addressing that section. Do we just write a job description essay or explain our job in form of bullet points .. just the way we do it in our CV. will be great if someone who has done it can throw some light.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don’t see it as an issue.
Based on my interaction with admission committee member during information session, SBS admits students with less (or no) experience if they are Rhodes scholars or applying for 1+1 MBA.
I have also seen other business schools admitting “a few” students for MBA who are way below average/median experience of that of other students.

Ducksworth wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Kudos
shawyshawy wrote:
also, I am confused regarding the Job decsription scetion which is in the online application for Said. They have mentioned a 5000 char limit for that. Not sure how everyone else is addressing that section. Do we just write a job description essay or explain our job in form of bullet points .. just the way we do it in our CV. will be great if someone who has done it can throw some light.

Cheers

I created short essays instead of using bullet points. They have given space/char count... go use it :) Btw due to limited number of essays.. (just 2) this is an opportunity to share more :)

Originally posted by hi0parag on 08 Jan 2013, 10:53.
Last edited by hi0parag on 09 Jan 2013, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
bananapeelxyz wrote:
I don’t see it as an issue.
Based on my interaction with admission committee member during information session, SBS admits students with less (or no) experience if they are Rhodes scholars or applying for 1+1 MBA.
I have also seen other business schools admitting “a few” students for MBA who are way below average/median experience of that of other students.

Ducksworth wrote:

5. Relevant professional experience: Whilst most of our students have more than three years experience, we do consider those with less work experience. If this is the case, we look for candidates who are able to demonstrate a high level of maturity, combined with evidence of leadership ability.

The above is their written requirement. I truly hope they have prudent method to judge those demonstrations. But definitely it will be unfair and unethical to stick to silly issues for some deserving candidates and be liberal for some other candidate. Anyway, Bill Gate once said, the world is not perfect!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts