Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 09:40 It is currently 05 May 2024, 09:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [1]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: UCLA (with $$$) vs NYU [#permalink]
This is posted in the “Part-Time MBA” forum, so I assume the choice is between the part time programs. My advice is to go to the school closest to you. It will make recruiting much easier, since you can just drop in on the company presentations, and network with the recruiters (as opposed to having to travel just for regular recruiting).

If this is for full time, you should really research a bit more about the opportunities to graduates as it relates to investment management. On appearance, both have similar placement rates Stern at 6% and Anderson at 7%, but it’ll be better to have a deeper understanding into these numbers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
asimov wrote:
This is posted in the “Part-Time MBA” forum, so I assume the choice is between the part time programs. My advice is to go to the school closest to you. It will make recruiting much easier, since you can just drop in on the company presentations, and network with the recruiters (as opposed to having to travel just for regular recruiting).

If this is for full time, you should really research a bit more about the opportunities to graduates as it relates to investment management. On appearance, both have similar placement rates Stern at 6% and Anderson at 7%, but it’ll be better to have a deeper understanding into these numbers.

What the heck, I didn't mean to post it in the Part-Time forum. Thanks for the input everyone. I've done a lot of research on opportunities and specific programs in investment management, and I think it'd be really hard to break into from either (edge goes to NY). I've visited both schools and both were really great (edge goes to UCLA). I guess, like you guys said, it comes down to where I want to work afterwards. Going to move this to the full-time forum and get more opinions. Thanks again
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
jon757 wrote:

What the heck, I didn't mean to post it in the Part-Time forum.

Moved it to the appropriate forum. I figured it was in the wrong place judging by the schools in your profile and people don't usually choose between NYU or UCLA PT.

You've got a great problem on your hands.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Dood, the other people nailed it. Go where you'd like to work after graduation. You'll have to network regardless of which school you go to.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
codytravers wrote:
Dood, the other people nailed it. Go where you'd like to work after graduation. You'll have to network regardless of which school you go to.

if you do decide on nyu or are really torn by the $. update them on ur accomplishments since applying, let them know they're your top pick, and let them know about the money to ucla. ask them to reevaluate you for merit scholarship.

first, like others said, focus on geography.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1130 posts